• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

Very nice.....always like new toys ! And I knew you wouldn't fly to Chicago to help me . LOL

Yeah, new toys are always fun. :D Now I just need to get some moolah saved for a votech... It's not that I wouldn't fly to Chicago to help, it's that I can't take that much time off from work. :(

I got my $99 RKL1 as well. Too cool. B)

Sweet! I love this thing! I'm trying to keep everything simple, but with the automation available with the RK products, it makes it tough to not want to keep adding stuff! :D

Gotta love new toys!

Yep, hopefully I can get some more toys soon...

:bowdown:

I think that says it all.

LOL! Thanks! Don't think it's called for, but appreciate the gesture. ;)

Calvin , I was just kidding about flying to Chicago , that would be insane just to build a tank . I know you would help if I was local .

WOOOOOWWWWWWWW ... it's been a while since I checked this thread ... it's coming along so nicely ... I just saw that big a$$ clam you had back a number of pages ... D@MN bro ... it's sooooo sweet!!!

So if I fly you to NY will you build a tank for me? :D I am thinking maybe 16ft'er ;)

ALL HAIL CALVIN!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Edited by DCG1286

Thanks everyone! Here's some more pics and another video... Hope you like Tom & Jerry. ;)

First, the lighting sequence:

2:00

DSCN5101.jpg

2:30

DSCN5107.jpg

3:00

DSCN5111.jpg

They turn off in the same order starting at 10...

DSCN5114.jpg

DSCN5120.jpg

DSCN5121.jpg

DSCN5122.jpg

DSCN5126.jpg

DSCN5127.jpg

DSCN5124.jpg

th_DSCN5130.jpg

Amazing! Let's get a video of feeding next!

I'll see what I can do... My photobucket acct is now full and the doubled the price of going pro... :( I'll see what I can figure out.

THAT IS AWESOME I so should have done this in my basement

Thanks!

wow, really nice, i love the open rock work. :)

Thanks!

awesome

Thanks!

can you show more of the Tom and Jerry cartoon?

Take your pic:

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video...ss&ei=UTF-8

Needreefunds

Great vid Calvin! Thanks for posting that!

That PBT seemed to be swimming forever at the end there :P

Awesome tank with Tom and Jerry too. This thread delivers!

:lol:

Thanks bro! Yeah the PB already owns the tank, not sure what if anything I'm still going to be able to add... Lots more fish still in my head. Glad you like the T&J too. LOL!

Update:

I came home tonight and dumped in a ton of mysis in the tank as it is the favorite food for my Bangaiis. I want to make sure they are fat and happy as 2 have paired off and the female has been giving the male some serious dance moves the last few days. Well, the male didn't take a single bite! I'm hoping I can see some babies in the next 3-4 weeks! Now to switch out my frag system from frags to nursery! Oh yeah, did I mention I also setup a closet frag system? ;)

Sure...

Here's the setup:

DSCN4839.jpg

Starphire front 30x12x6-

DSCN4818.jpg

Drilled for a strainer drain (strainer has since been removed)

DSCN4842.jpg

Sump (by me) with ATO:

DSCN4840.jpg

DSCN4841.jpg

MH which just burned out:

DSCN4894.jpg

Frags started:

DSCN4883.jpg

Lots of plugs and this is just a handful:

DSCN4884.jpg

Everything is expandable, I already have the next shelf ready to go for another tank and all the plumbing able to be connected, if/when I fill up the first tank. ;)

Status as of tonight, I pulled the frags and put them in the display tank for now, pulling the eggcrate and added a an eggcrate basket full of chaeto to help with pod populations to help as a nursery.

Also since my MH ballast went out, I traded out the light for a PC... I also have a 2x24" T5 Setup ready to go.

DSCN5155.jpg

DSCN5156.jpg

DSCN5157.jpg

DSCN5159.jpg

Again, it's all in a small closet!

DSCN5163.jpg

Edited by calvin415

Awesome! At first I thought all of that stuff was in your stand (it's certainly large enough). When I set-up my first prop tank, it was also in a small closet. :)

:o

I just read/skimmed all 63 pages and wow! A long tank like this is my dream tank once I have a job/money.

I think I saw something about a wavebox back 10 pages or more. Is that still on the agenda? It seems like with a tank that long you could get a nice slow rolling wave to move down and back which would help increase circulation and more importantly you might get some cool rippling effects in the sand. :D

Awesome! At first I thought all of that stuff was in your stand (it's certainly large enough). When I set-up my first prop tank, it was also in a small closet. :)

LOL! Thanks, yeah I remember that setup! Unfortunately that's all the room I have so I have to stack the tanks... I figure I can fit 3 up the wall if needed, but we'll see what the future holds. :D

Hey calvin first time looking at this tank. great work man looks amazing.

Thanks!

:o

I just read/skimmed all 63 pages and wow! A long tank like this is my dream tank once I have a job/money.

I think I saw something about a wavebox back 10 pages or more. Is that still on the agenda? It seems like with a tank that long you could get a nice slow rolling wave to move down and back which would help increase circulation and more importantly you might get some cool rippling effects in the sand. :D

Yep, I borrowed a Vortech MP40 for a few minutes and loved it! It's still on the must have list, but need to get some moolah to get one. :( I may offer some more frag packs in the next few weeks, there are a number of items I still need to get including a backup generator...

Needreefunds

Love the frag system as well! :o

Thanks for posting those too.

Great stuff!

BTW, are those DIY plugs?

While its been a few years I see what looks to be that old baby bottle/nipple pattern on the plugs :P

Love the frag system as well! :o

Thanks for posting those too.

Great stuff!

BTW, are those DIY plugs?

While its been a few years I see what looks to be that old baby bottle/nipple pattern on the plugs :P

Thanks! Yep, DIY plugs, nips work great as a mold are cheap and releases very well! :D

I wish that was my closet...

...oh Yeah, obviously with the frag system :lol:

Insane little system

LOL! Thanks!