• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

I'd help if I had money but I'm broke haha. I'm still just trying to figure out how I'm going to buy a few maxijets. My LFS wants $40 for them and I know I can get them onling for $15... <_<

Well, none of the fish would hold still long enough to get a decent pic so to hell with it... Here are some really blue vids (sorry can't adjust the white balance on the video setting)... They love swimming the length!

Fair warning, I had the baby in the room, so turn down the volume, the mic is really sensitive and everything is amplified!!!

th_DSCN5074.jpg

th_DSCN5075.jpg

th_DSCN5076.jpg

WOW Amazing is all I can say.

That PB Tang looks like its having a blast. It also look like in the first video that he is getting tired of swimming halfway through the Tank. LOL

I will say it again AMAZING!!!

Thanks everyone for your kind words, doesn't look like much action on the corals, so I'll have to make the deal more sweet and offer more species... I'll have to see what else I can frag up.

THIS IS MY DREAM TANK LOL wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow amazing i love the rockwork, i like the look of little islands all over the tank,

i've always wondered how much did this cost you? deffintly gunna put one of these in my house when i grow up lol

Interesting setup. I could hide one like that. Thansk for sharing.

I put my frag tank on hold because of space but also because I have seen 10 sold off recently. No takers on purchasing. Trades are all I see now and the last swap I went too, all but a couple of frags were actually given away, no trades and only a couple of sales. Oh how I rememebrer the golden age of frags. LOL

Paleoreef103

Awesome news on the Bangaiis! I love mine and I must say that I'm extremely happy they breed so easily. Good luck raising the fry! Is the Blue tang still MIA?

Interesting setup. I could hide one like that. Thansk for sharing.

I put my frag tank on hold because of space but also because I have seen 10 sold off recently. No takers on purchasing. Trades are all I see now and the last swap I went too, all but a couple of frags were actually given away, no trades and only a couple of sales. Oh how I rememebrer the golden age of frags. LOL

Thanks, yeah at this point I'm more interested in just keeping a tank, and raise some babies... Who knows if I can sell em (not like there is much profit in it), but it would feel good to know I was able to put more C/B bangaiis out there instead of W/C.

Awesome news on the Bangaiis! I love mine and I must say that I'm extremely happy they breed so easily. Good luck raising the fry! Is the Blue tang still MIA?

Thanks! Yeah been over a week and he's still holding the eggs, hope things continue well. :D Hippo has re-appeared, and is doing well. I think I need more cleaner shrimp, 1 shrimp for 3 tangs seems to be way too much work for the 1 shrimp. He does his job, but they have a little Ich still. Too many things to buy and too many upgrades to do... Fingers crossed on selling some more frags so I can fund a major upgrade...

Thanks, yeah at this point I'm more interested in just keeping a tank, and raise some babies... Who knows if I can sell em (not like there is much profit in it), but it would feel good to know I was able to put more C/B bangaiis out there instead of W/C.

That's what drives this hobby and I hope you do well. I realized that may have sounded discouraging but I was just relating how things have bene going locally. I have gotten the bug to have the frag tank. I have actually bene looking at ways to condense the footprint, as you have. Even looking at designs for hatcheries for food from places like http://www.aquaculturestore.com/index.html and https://3kserver7.com/~frank/secure/agora.cgi . Just looking at their simple setups for rotifers and such. I can dream. :)

I can understand you. I just finished doing mine, still stocking it and already want to build another. lol

I bet your wife says like mine: Heyyy! You said that this would be the last thing! And you were gonna keep this for very long! You are crazy! :lol:

And then you say: :D Honey, I promise this will really be the last, you're gonna love it!

Ever since I saw that tank with like 30 clownfish hosting a huge group of RBTAs and GBTAs I have wanted to do something just like that.

Build a 100 gallon sphere.

Uh, no. ;) Although Reynolds is here in Colorado. :D

Yes, 2wqfp7o.jpg

but we think you should do it! ;)

Yeah, my wife saw my post, she just about slapped me. :(

I can understand you. I just finished doing mine, still stocking it and already want to build another. lol

I bet your wife says like mine: Heyyy! You said that this would be the last thing! And you were gonna keep this for very long! You are crazy! :lol:

And then you say: :D Honey, I promise this will really be the last, you're gonna love it!

Yeah, I don't think I want to bring it up for a while... :(

Ever since I saw that tank with like 30 clownfish hosting a huge group of RBTAs and GBTAs I have wanted to do something just like that.

I was thinking an empty cube with a single Acro. Yongi colony growing and use it as a breeding tank for Bangaii's. Oh well, so much for that idea.

Edited by calvin415
Needreefunds

Nah, not nuts at all.

I think a great many of us enjoy the planning, gathering and the actual build as much ( some folks even more ) than the finished reef itself. :P

As much as I would love to follow along on another build of yours perhaps now is not the time :lol:

Unless.....hmmm. Wouldn't fit in the frag closet, would it? :D

It would actually fit in the frag closet, but I wouldn't be able to get easy access to the breaker panel. :(

Although, that does give me an idea... Hmmmm... :naughtydance:

Edited by calvin415
  • 4 weeks later...