• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

Thanks everyone!

dtfleming, I'll likely replace it with a Derasa (eventually), but I've always wanted to say I have a Gigas clam, so I'll wait until it's too big and then sell/trade it off for a Derasa that will be able to stay indefinately.

Tank is looking good Calvin , don't worry about overflowing the water , I have done this more times than I care to admit . It happens to the best of us , at least you can say you were medicated at the time . As for me ......I have no excuse other than just being stupid at the time .

Galloping Goose

Nice...

Im in Highlands Ranch (South Denver), wanted to know when I'm down in the Springs visiting my family if I can visit and look at your creation?

The clam is awesome. It looks great with the dimensions of your tank. Always wanted to do one in a rubbermaid trough plumbed to my system. Just sand, a monster clam, and a big ol' light.

Bill

Tank is looking good Calvin , don't worry about overflowing the water , I have done this more times than I care to admit . It happens to the best of us , at least you can say you were medicated at the time . As for me ......I have no excuse other than just being stupid at the time .

Thanks! ;)

Nice...

Im in Highlands Ranch (South Denver), wanted to know when I'm down in the Springs visiting my family if I can visit and look at your creation?

Possibly... My schedule has been nuts lately so it will depend what is going on at the time.

The clam is awesome. It looks great with the dimensions of your tank. Always wanted to do one in a rubbermaid trough plumbed to my system. Just sand, a monster clam, and a big ol' light.

Bill

LOL! That would actually still be cool! :D

I added a new addition to the tank the other day, and hope to add some more corals tonight... Those of you who recall my last tank know these guys are one of my favorites, so I just had to put him in the tank. ;)

DSCN4900.jpg

DSCN4903.jpg

DSCN4904.jpg

DSCN4905.jpg

calvin415

I still owe you pics of the new corals (13 of them) alas I can not until I get my memory card back. I did pull out my wifes cam to get a shot of the latest fish addition for you though. Coral pics will come when I get my memory card back. :(

CIMG4514.jpg

CIMG4511.jpg

varanus37

Wicked colors on that one. How's the clam doing? Opening up and stretching the side walls of the tank yet? I'll get my rubbermaid trough ready for him!

Bill

I see the rock is starting to color up!

Purdy fishy too. B)

/\+1

What type of wrasse is that..

and gigas is so cool, chewing up calcium like mad im guessing. But what a space filler. How long you think you will be able to keep it in the tank

lacassiere101

ah i hate my life, i just read this whoolle thing, and didnt do my homework, but anyways, sweetest tank set up i ve ever seen forsure

seahorsejl
nice setup

xoxo

omgomgomg It's ebin!! I still have some of your zoa's from a few years back... some green ones are really starting to grow in my new tank :)

adolfo425

Wow

tank turned out real nice.

That wrasse adds a lot of color to the tank and it also has character.

Nice work. Wish i had a basement and owned a house to do something like this.

Wow! I just saw this thread from page 1 and everything is so AMAZING. You have lots of skills. Should be very proud of your tank. Keep it up!

seahorsejl
Holy crap! This thread is making old members come out of the wood work!

I like the new wrasse.

Next this thread will be solving world hunger! :o

calvin415
Wicked colors on that one. How's the clam doing? Opening up and stretching the side walls of the tank yet? I'll get my rubbermaid trough ready for him!

Bill

Thanks, Clam is actually looking different, still opens and looks heathly, but the mantle color is changing... Not sure what is up with it, but I'm trying to locate a new home for it. :(

wrasse of some kind, amiright?

Yep, African Leopard Wrasse.

/\+1

What type of wrasse is that..

and gigas is so cool, chewing up calcium like mad im guessing. But what a space filler. How long you think you will be able to keep it in the tank

African Leopard Wrasse, I'm actually already trying to find it a new home, see post above...

ah i hate my life, i just read this whoolle thing, and didnt do my homework, but anyways, sweetest tank set up i ve ever seen forsure

LOL! Sorry bud, hope it was entertaining... ;)

nice setup

xoxo

Thanks!

Wow

tank turned out real nice.

That wrasse adds a lot of color to the tank and it also has character.

Nice work. Wish i had a basement and owned a house to do something like this.

Thanks! Hopefully, I can get some more action in there in the new few months...

Wow! I just saw this thread from page 1 and everything is so AMAZING. You have lots of skills. Should be very proud of your tank. Keep it up!

Thank you very much!

This tank is like my dream tank. well done, man!

Tigahboy! Thanks for the compliment, good to see you on here again. :D

Holy crap! This thread is making old members come out of the wood work!

I like the new wrasse.

Thanks!

Next this thread will be solving world hunger! :o

LOL!!!

So I'm trying to find a new home for the Gigas, it still appears healthy but the mantle is changing color a little and I don't want to risk the health of the clam so it's currently For Sale. :( Not sure what I will replace it with or when but I do hope to get a clam in the spot again... I still need to get some more pics, and I will as soon as I find some free time. Thanks for the all the feedback and words of encouragement, I really appreciate it!

On a side note, man it's humid!!! No condensation issues, but living in Colorado, humidity is rare except in my basement. ;)

varanus37

I'll trade you for the clam in my tank. Would be a good swap. My guy is sitting about the size of a nerf football right now. Would fill your spot nicely but not be too crazy big. Now to just convince my wife that driving to CO is a good plan in order to trade clams with someone.

Bill