Innovative Marine Aquariums

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

FlowerMama

I think I see some orange peeking through there on the acan. That's great, you were looking for that, for some red to go back to orange.

• Like 2

I think I see some orange peeking through there on the acan. That's great, you were looking for that, for some red to go back to orange.

To my eye, it's about the same as last time, but that's good new because it's not losing color any more.

On the other hand, the big ones in the middle actually have more colors now than they did when I first got them. So overall I'm pretty happy with how they're doing :)

Dang those rics and acans are looking good!

Thanks, Spectra - hopefully I can keep things stable for more than two weeks at a time now!

preeeeety. Love the ric garden.

Thank you! I'm really excited to see the rics thriving in their new location. The old rics just never did well where I had them last. It was amazing how much they improved when I moved them, it was literally an overnight improvement.

• Like 2

Yours seem to have more color than mine do. Or your photography skills are just better than mine....

I can not wait to get my new tank going and get everyone into the new pool........

• Like 2

Yours seem to have more color than mine do. Or your photography skills are just better than mine....

I can not wait to get my new tank going and get everyone into the new pool........

It's probably just the pictures :lol:

Seriously, though, I think I made a comment about that with one of the earlier pictures. From a distance they look less colorful. When I zoom in the picture the colors seem to get more intense.

Here's the same shot, just more tightly cropped. To me, the colors seem even more intense in this shot, but all I did was crop it.

27041719010_a156848cca_b.jpgAcan Garden - Zoomed In by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 5

Gawd I love Lords. Those are gorgeous.

How do you keep yours so puffy? My orange one has been deflated for 36 hours, but my purple one next to it is puffed up. But when mine are puffy, the tentacles are always way out and they look super furry. I can never figure out what they want.

I think I need a red one, too. Stupid addiction.

• Like 2

Love those Rics!!

Thanks!

Gawd I love Lords. Those are gorgeous.

How do you keep yours so puffy? My orange one has been deflated for 36 hours, but my purple one next to it is puffed up. But when mine are puffy, the tentacles are always way out and they look super furry. I can never figure out what they want.

I think I need a red one, too. Stupid addiction.

Puffy is always good! The best time to feed them is when they are puffy with tentacles extended. I target feed mine with mysis shrimp once or twice a week, and they get whatever finds its way to them when I broadcast feed the tank.

It seems like the more they get fed, the more time they tend to stay puffy. Unless of course, you don't want them to multiply, like the ones I had in my 4g tank. I never fed them but they still stayed puffy and growing all the time anyway.

• Like 1

It's probably just the pictures :lol:

Seriously, though, I think I made a comment about that with one of the earlier pictures. From a distance they look less colorful. When I zoom in the picture the colors seem to get more intense.

Here's the same shot, just more tightly cropped. To me, the colors seem even more intense in this shot, but all I did was crop it.

27041719010_a156848cca_b.jpgAcan Garden - Zoomed In by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Whatever it is they look sweet!

I need to add to my collection.......did a little trip yesterday for a local store and he said just come buy and I can pay you in acans :lol: SWEET! I am down with that.......

• Like 2

Whatever it is they look sweet!

I need to add to my collection.......did a little trip yesterday for a local store and he said just come buy and I can pay you in acans :lol: SWEET! I am down with that.......

Nice!

Since I spend all my spare money on corals, I guess I'm working for acans, too. Never thought about it that way :lol:

• Like 3

Nice!

Since I spend all my spare money on corals, I guess I'm working for acans, too. Never thought about it that way :lol:

See it all comes full circle......

Maybe next year you can trade girl scout cookies for acans :lol:

• Like 3

See it all comes full circle......

Maybe next year you can trade girl scout cookies for acans :lol:

That's an awesome idea! A box of girl scout cookies is only like five or six dollars. But if I said "I'll give you a whole box of girl scout cookies for one ultra acan head", who would be able to resist?

• Like 2

Nice gardens!

Thanks! :)

Gorgeous as always:)

Thanks, Jackie!

Well, today is moving day! I was out of town for Memorial Day weekend, but the new tank is coming tomorrow so this one needs to get moved out tonight.

I plan to drain the back chambers and all but an inch of two in the display chamber, just enough to keep the fish underwater. Then I'll just pick up the tank, carefully, supporting the bottom, edges, and corners, and carry it into the next room Oh, and I'll pray for no damage while I'm doing it :D

Depending on how heavy it feels when I try to lift it, I may slide a sheet of plywood or a board under it to support the weight more evenly while it gets lifted and carried.

Come to think of it, I think I'll do that no matter how heavy it is!

• Like 4
RIP Sebastian

Thanks, Jackie!

Well, today is moving day! I was out of town for Memorial Day weekend, but the new tank is coming tomorrow so this one needs to get moved out tonight.

I plan to drain the back chambers and all but an inch of two in the display chamber, just enough to keep the fish underwater. Then I'll just pick up the tank, carefully, supporting the bottom, edges, and corners, and carry it into the next room Oh, and I'll pray for no damage while I'm doing it :D

Depending on how heavy it feels when I try to lift it, I may slide a sheet of plywood or a board under it to support the weight more evenly while it gets lifted and carried.

do-want-meme.jpg

PICS. ALL OF THEM.

• Like 2
Slowtwitch

Thanks, Jackie!

Good luck. Hope it goes smoothly.
  • Like 1