inTank Media Baskets

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

So how many seconds so you run those BRS doser for?

Right now, it's 55 seconds, 6 times a day. But I dilute my solution by 50 percent.

If you Google apex dosing calculator, it will tell you the exact code to put in based on how much you dose per day and how many times per day.

• 2 weeks later...

Is your first post updated with your current equipment? Your tank is amazing. Mine is awful haha

Thanks! I just updated the page. The only change was to note that I'm running the AI Hydra 26 instead of the Nanobox Mini.

Things look fairly good after my trip, just a little algae on the glass. But the acros looked a little less colorful and some were receding. I checked parameters and nitrates had jumped from 3 to 8, which I think explains it.

After talking with my daughter who was tank sitting, I realized she was dosing .12 ml of NoPox daily, instead of 1.2 ml! At least I know the NoPox is working and I know why the nitrates went up :)

• Like 1

How are you liking the hydra on this tank?

I haven't decided yet. The corals regressed a bit after switching from the Nanobox, but my nutrients also spiked at the same time. So I reduced the illumination a day put the Hydra in acclimation mode. I also haven't been able to get the colors quite the way I like it compared to the Nanobox.

I'm driving back from vacation today so we'll see how it's going tomorrow :)

• Like 1

I'm back from vacation! The tank survived the week and all I really needed to do was scrape some algae.

My main worry is that I haven't seen Fitzgerald, the pink streaked wrasse, yet. He's usually out and about so I'm a little worried about him :unsure:

I think I finally got the desktop ghost skimmer dial dialed in. No microbubbles, and over the last week it pulled some nice dark skimmate. Between the improved skimming and having the tank sitter only feed some pellets for the fish, nutrients are way down now. Maybe too much. Nitrates are .75 and phosphates are .01. Colors and growth on the SPS are only so so, and some of the zoas on the sand bed are mostly closed. I think there's something bothering the zoas, but the rest is probably due to low nutrients since I basically have only fed the tank once in the last two weeks.

Pictures later - I just took some and they were all blurry. Boo.

Here are a few pictures for now. I'm hoping to get a few more later this week. I have to do a lot of late work from home so I'm sure I'll be doing a lot with the tanks to avoid the work I'm supposed to be doing :lol:

Quick top down:

27648639550_39b9c68307_b.jpg2016-06-26 IM10 Top Down by TeenyReef, on Flickr

This acro is doing pretty well:

27314398863_d0cb0734e3_b.jpg20160626-untitled-019-2-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The acans are a mixed bag. Almost all of them are nice and puffy, but the colors are not as good overall. For example, the red and white ones in the middle used to be rainbow. :(

On the other hand, the small ones on the upper right used to be solid red, and there are some signs that they are getting some more interesting colors. Fingers crossed!

27850487351_8932292b65_b.jpg20160626-untitled-014-2-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I got a new viweing porthole, which means I can get clear pictures of some corals I could never get before due to that angle of the camera relative to the surface of the water. These are angel eye favias:

27850489861_85638936ce_b.jpg20160626-untitled-016-2-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Finally, a status shot of some of the zoas. It's interesting, the ones on the right are doing great, while the ones on the left are all closed up. They all get the same lighting and all sit in the same spot. I'm wondering if there are some pests bothering them..

27314393683_e30db06142_b.jpg20160626-untitled-003-2-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 10

So much color in that tank! How do you get anything else done?!

I do tend to get distracted a lot because it sits on my desk right where I work when I'm not in the office. But on the other hand, that means that the little things get taken care of right away instead of being ignored :)

• Like 2

oooo :) things are looking great! I hope there isnt anything bothering those zoas

Something's definitely bothering them. I just found an aptasia that I thought I had killed a month or two ago. That' may be what's bothering them. Time to break out the Aptasia-X again.

I stopped buying acans for their colors. They always change anyways. Are yours in shaded spot?

Yeah, I know, right? Mine are not directly shaded, but since I switched to the Hydra 26, which as two pucks, they get more light than they used to. I know that's at least part of the problem.

• Like 1

Update: I just spotted Fitzgerald! He must have been asleep when I was looking for him yesterday, it was early evening and maybe he just went to bed early B)

• Like 4

Update: I just spotted Fitzgerald! He must have been asleep when I was looking for him yesterday, it was early evening and maybe he just went to bed early B)

You better not lose that little guy!!! :)

Your absence probably just messed up his schedule. He missed you.

• Like 1

You better not lose that little guy!!! :)

Your absence probably just messed up his schedule. He missed you.

Awwww, I think you're right! Actually, I seriously think it was a schedule problem. I changed the lighting schedule to come on earlier and go off earlier than usual when I was gone, so he had already gone to bed when I looked for him.

Awwww, I think you're right! Actually, I seriously think it was a schedule problem. I changed the lighting schedule to come on earlier and go off earlier than usual when I was gone, so he had already gone to bed when I looked for him.

It was a cover made my a fellow N-R member, Smiz. Sadly, he's retired from the business. Artfully Acrylic is another company that is making tops that seem similar, though.

• Like 1