Coral Vue Hydros

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Narzyzz_12

You'll love them,mine is super chill his day consist of perching in the shadows and keeping a watchful eye on activity outside the tank.Also pecking at micro algae on the live rock.

• Like 1

You'll love them,mine is super chill his day consist of perching in the shadows and keeping a watchful eye on activity outside the tank.Also pecking at micro algae on the live rock.

Awesome! I'll definitely keep one on the list of fish I'm considering :)

Those blue and green Acanthastreas are beautiful!

Thanks! I really like these, they look so neat and formal in their little suits B)

• Like 1

After I fed the tank I got a few new coral pictures. Things are already looking much better under the Nanobox light, I never should have left the fold with this tank :lol:

Top rock acros - the top guy is finally coloring up a little bit again after turning brown. I've seen it get green highlights before but now it's getting some purple and dark blue. Hopefully it will continue to color up.

28142918835_3cd5504d0d_b.jpg20160706-untitled-016-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Blue acro is still doing well, it should start to encrust soon:

27861424310_5f780dbb38_b.jpg20160706-untitled-017-2-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The pale green acro is encrusting nicely and starting to get some hints of additional color on the bright side. There's another acro to the upper left that had almost died on the frag rack. I moved it over here and it's been stable for two or three weeks, so there's still hope.

27861426330_dd4dcbc41b_b.jpg20160706-untitled-018-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

This is the so-called "frog in a blender" coral, which I'm pretty sure is actually a spongeodes montipora. It turned all purple under the old light but is starting to get some green back now.

27861428820_50b69d49df_b.jpg20160706-untitled-020-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The angel eye favia is getting lots more color now. It originally had lots of cool blues but then turned all green. Now that conditions are better it's looking like it's going back to the way it's supposed to look

27861430960_c403851036_b.jpg20160706-untitled-021-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I don't think I've posted a pic of the sunset monti in quite a while.

27861432540_630be7ef2a_b.jpgSunset Montipora by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Hungry acans eating dinner :)

27861436570_64e56a5d96_b.jpgAcans Eating by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Closeup of the green ones:

27861433820_e4053c7faa_b.jpg20160706-untitled-023-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The colors are definitely there when I zoom in and dim the lights. I'm really hoping they will really color back up now.

27861440360_b749c93f5a_b.jpg20160706-untitled-027-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 12

I can't get enough of this tank! I'm legitly scared to try sps and I love my softies but sps is really beautiful! I'm not gonna do it still :P but it's really cool to see it in tanks like these! I absolutely love the pictures too :D

• Like 2

Hah...cool. Now you have to dispose of it :scarry:. Knowing me I'd jsut take it to my LFS and ask them if they want it because I'd feel too guilty LOL.

lol! I know that feeling, I tediously pick pods out of my filter floss......

• Like 3
FlowerMama

I love the way the angel eye favia is consuming/growing over that end of the rock. It has all the colors of Gena's tank!

• Like 1

Wonderful photos teeny!

Thanks!

I can't get enough of this tank! I'm legitly scared to try sps and I love my softies but sps is really beautiful! I'm not gonna do it still :P but it's really cool to see it in tanks like these! I absolutely love the pictures too :D

Not all sps is hard to keep. The stylo/birdsnest I had in my 4g tank was one of the first corals I got and it always did great. But thanks :)

:lol: I used to have a soft spot for pods, but I ended up with some huge amphipods that really bothered the zoas. Now I'm happy to see those guys go.

I love the way the angel eye favia is consuming/growing over that end of the rock. It has all the colors of Gena's tank!

Yeah, it's kind of melting onto the rock like a chalice. I'll have to add it to the list of corals I frag for Gena when I frag the blastos for her :)

• Like 1

OMG...me too :lol:. And baby limpets. I find those in there as well.

Teeny....tank looks amazing. Those pictures are incredible :wub:.

• Like 2

Dang, looking great- that spongeode is an interesting looking piece. Top downs ?

Thanks! I like it too, it will be interesting to see how it grows.

OMG...me too :lol:. And baby limpets. I find those in there as well.

Teeny....tank looks amazing. Those pictures are incredible :wub:.

Thanks, Gena! I have lots of baby limpets too, but I really don't mind them.
  • Like 3

I expect so! Supposedly the cross between border collie and Australian Shepherd results in a quieter, calmer dog. But we'll see what happens :scarry:

I managed to dig a picture up of ours at 14 weeks, and she's now ~45 lbs and even more high energy than when she was a puppy..

IMG_002_zpso72vn44k.jpg

Oh and the best part, if you're around small children running around, these crosses will more often than not try and instinctively herd them so you may find some episodes of nipping at feet / ankles.

• Like 2

Love the acro pics, hopefully they continue to color up. The Nanobox lights seem far superior to most other LED fixtures.

Thanks, Mark. So far so good :)

I missed so much on this thread!! Looks great and as usual, I love the photos

I notice a "Stella-like-storm" in my notifications :lol: Thanks :)

I managed to dig a picture up of ours at 14 weeks, and she's now ~45 lbs and even more high energy than when she was a puppy..

IMG_002_zpso72vn44k.jpg

Oh and the best part, if you're around small children running around, these crosses will more often than not try and instinctively herd them so you may find some episodes of nipping at feet / ankles.

Awwww, what a cutie :wub:

We're pretty familiar with all that, as we've always had Shelties, which have a lot of the same behaviors. The trick is always to train them well and take lots of walks.

This is our male Sheltie, Jasper, playing with Presley. It's really cute how gentle he is when he plays with the puppy :)

28242203815_13ef3c9dc1_z.jpg20160710_200843-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Here are both our Shelties, Molly and Jasper.

28092613882_a8e89f805e_z.jpgdownload_20160709_120419.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 7

I did some minor re-arranging and gluing today and yesterday. It all started when I wanted to get a stubborn aiptasia out of the radioactive green eyed zoas, which ended up with me splitting their frag in half to get it out last week. I reglued the zoa rock, and then I re-arranged the acans and glued all the plugs together under the sand so they wouldn't shift round any more.

Finally, I moved the chalice off the sand bed up onto the rocks, at an angle, out of the light. It's been slowly declining in it current location, I think due to the higher light levels I've had on the sand bed over the last three of four months. Hopefully it will do better in it's new location.

I did have one minor disaster - when I was gluing one of the acan frags, I dropped it and got superglue all over one of the other acans :furious:. It's already lost flesh right down to the bone where the glue touched it. I hope it will come back but I'm not overly optimistic as the damage was pretty severe.

I will get more detailed pictures in another day or so, but in the meantime here's a quick FTS to show the new arrangement.

28301281901_f5cba1e1a5_b.jpg20160717-untitled-045-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 11

I love the acan island on the left and that little river of space down the middle. Zoas add nice height right there, like a little forest.

• Like 2

I love the acan island on the left and that little river of space down the middle. Zoas add nice height right there, like a little forest.

That's exactly the look I was going for! Thanks :)

Marc.The.Shark

Man, haven't been in here in a while. Beautiful! Love the contrast of the caps as the centerpiece, stunning!! Gotta love the growth pattern of a cap! Makes for such an interesting look!

• Like 1

Hey Teeny what's the possibility of testing the par beside your montis for me? :)

Sure - I just checked. It's about 195 at the bottom edges, and about 275 at the upper edges (which are really high up). But they will grow well and color up under much lower PAR. The frag in my 40g tank is at about 145 and doing just as well, just a slightly darker green.

oh hot damn your acros are looking awesome :haha:

Thank you :)

I'll try to get some closer pictures of the new arrangement.

Man, haven't been in here in a while. Beautiful! Love the contrast of the caps as the centerpiece, stunning!! Gotta love the growth pattern of a cap! Makes for such an interesting look!

Thanks, and welcome back! I love monti caps although I'm always trimming them back in this small tank, otherwise they'd shade the entire tank :)

• Like 1