Pod Your Reef

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Congrats Teeny! Your tank certainly deserves it! :wub:

Well congrats man!!!

As for the zoas, when the weather cools down I'm going to start shipping a few things out. We'll be down your way in a few weeks. I still have a few zooanthids laying around the QT tank. I think 99% of the shit encountered is Indo cooties. I've been trying to get hold of some of Walt Smith's raspberry zooanthids, damn they're nice.

Zoanthus8.jpg

Woah, I need these

• Like 1

Congrats teeny!!!!

How has the puffer been behaving? I'm tempted to add one to my future stocking plans?

He's been a model citizen so far. He cruises around all the rocks and corals, looking at them very carefully. Every once in a while he very delicately picks at something tiny in the rocks. He hasn't bothered the corals at all, and I still have lots of snails. Hopefully he'll develop a taste for vermetid snails soon!

Zoas are so annoying. They used to do great in my first tank, but I never had luck with them in either of the fusions.

My rastas had zoapox and I dipped them in iodine a few times. It cleared up for a week or so then it appeared again. I just gave up on them and they went from about 25 polyps to 4. Meh.

That's what I've noticed too. Zoas that struggle in one tank perk right up when I move them to another, even with similar lighting and parameters. I've decided that I'm just going to go all out to get these zoas healthy in this tank no matter what it takes :)

congrats on TOTM! so glad it happened AFTER you got the puffer so the puffer is forever in NR history!

Me too! He's my new favorite fish :wub:

Finally TOTM! Congrats! The epitome of a thriving nano reef

Thanks, Harry!

TOTM Way to go Teeny you've always been an inspiration to me!

Awww, thanks :blush: You're making great progress with both of your tanks!

Well congrats man!!!

As for the zoas, when the weather cools down I'm going to start shipping a few things out. We'll be down your way in a few weeks. I still have a few zooanthids laying around the QT tank. I think 99% of the shit encountered is Indo cooties. I've been trying to get hold of some of Walt Smith's raspberry zooanthids, damn they're nice.

Zoanthus8.jpg

Wow, those are awesome!

What are you coming down my way for? I know we have MAMAS down here but I think that's still a ways off. Let me know when you come!

Congrats! Well deserved!

Thanks! I hope the house is coming along well!

I sent them an email asking who I have to kill to get a couple rocks of them, lol. when I get them and the frags heal they'll be up for sale. I've ordered them 6 frickin' times and got 0. I mean, hell, if I have to order large rocks, so be it. Just let me know because I'm not a zooanthid person, but I like those. I also want one of their blue tip ritteris. Sorry for the derail teeny, lol. If anyone wants to look at what they have, here's the link to the photo gallery. Not everything is available all the time and some thing don't do well in shipping. http://waltsmith.com/PhotoGallery.htm

Anemone_BlueTipRitteri.jpg

Wow those are awesome too. So much stuff I don't have that I didn't know I wanted :lol:

Congrats!!

Thank you!

Congrats Teeny! Your tank certainly deserves it! :wub:

Woah, I need these

Thanks, Martha!

Me too :)

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

M wants some seahorses and we found out that they can be had around the mouth of the Rapahannock river. Her uncle inherited her grandma's place so we'll swing by and see him when we go there to collect. I was chatting with a guy that gets them on his crab pots and he knows where there's a grass bed that has them in it too. I'd like to get 2-3 pairs and start a captive breeding program.

• Like 2

M wants some seahorses and we found out that they can be had around the mouth of the Rapahannock river. Her uncle inherited her grandma's place so we'll swing by and see him when we go there to collect. I was chatting with a guy that gets them on his crab pots and he knows where there's a grass bed that has them in it too. I'd like to get 2-3 pairs and start a captive breeding program.

That should be a fun trip, it's really pretty there. It's almost a two hour drive north of where I am, though, in the City of Chesapeake :)

not enough corals....just saying

I'm thinking about moving the little zoa island back to connect the circle between the acans and the cyphastrea. That would leave the lower left corner open for something else. But I have no idea what. And the open sand looks so nice :)

• Like 2

I'm thinking about moving the little zoa island back to connect the circle between the acans and the cyphastrea. That would leave the lower left corner open for something else. But I have no idea what. And the open sand looks so nice :)

http://uniquecorals.com/coral/lps/scolymia-australis-aussie-scoly-2-wysiwyg-specimen-9418.html

only 2"

or

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+8&ddid=315808

1"

B):P Plenty of room to grow in

• Like 2

orange plate coral!

• Like 2

orange plate coral!

Hmmmmm...that might work. And I could move it to the 40 when it outgrows the corner.
Hmmmmm, ditto :)

NanoBox Reef tanks FTW - congrats on TOTM Teeny.

Thanks Kat! I just realized this came almost right after I switched back to the Nanobox! The colors under that light really are so much better :)
  • Like 5

Ahh those montis get me every time!!

Thanks, when I think back to when they were all pale yellow-brown I am so happy with the way they came back :)
  • Like 1

Thanks, when I think back to when they were all pale yellow-brown I am so happy with the way they came back :)

My latest tank move saw my green monti go worse than brown... more like bleach white. It is turning green again though... but thats algae :)

• Like 1

My latest tank move saw my green monti go worse than brown... more like bleach white. It is turning green again though... but thats algae :)

Yeah, bleached white is no good. That's what happened to the Idaho Grape monti. Fortunately there was another little piece that had grown out separately, so it grew back from that.

Congrats! And I agree a small plate would be cool my neon orange/ yellow hasn't really grown since I got it maybe a little so it would be a long while before you'd need to move it out.