Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Arce's Tank

Arce

Ohhh. yeah, that might make it a tad more difficult then. unless you can chip parts off and re-cement them afterwards.

I was just going to do the whole structure at once. Each of them would fit in a standard 20 or even get another 29 and not fill it. Just need alot of water.

Anything not encrusted i will remove for ease and dip alone.

Just remember that any snails, crabs, pods, etc. that are on the rock will probably die during that dip. This may make a big impact on your pod population as I'm sure you have a lot of pods living within your LR. I mention this because I know you recently got a mandarin. The snaila and crabs are pretty easy to just take a look over the rock and get most of them off, but the pods are another story.

Whatever you end up doing, I wish you the BEST of LUCK!!! Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

Take the fuge offline and make it a stand alone system. Put the mandarin in there, he has pods there to eat. If you're going to dip your entire structure makes sense to do it in the tank it is in now. OR use an empty 20 to do the dips and put back in the original tank after a complete drain.

Tore the tank apart last night. Only corals left on the rock are two pieces that probably encrusted the most. Need to make a plan to remove them with as much of the encrusted growth as possible. Have to go buy bayer.. Where do you even buy it, last batch i had i got from a local free. Planning a series of dips weekly to hopefully nip this aholes in the butt. Everything got mounted onto frag rubble to make it easy for transfer for when i upgrade to a new scape.

Tore the tank apart last night. Only corals left on the rock are two pieces that probably encrusted the most. Need to make a plan to remove them with as much of the encrusted growth as possible. Have to go buy bayer.. Where do you even buy it, last batch i had i got from a local free. Planning a series of dips weekly to hopefully nip this aholes in the butt. Everything got mounted onto frag rubble to make it easy for transfer for when i upgrade to a new scape.

Dang, hang in there dude. You can get Bayer at Home Depot. Thats where I got mine.

• Like 1

Hey man, at least you got a plan and attacked. I would probably still be thinking about what to do and trying to find time to do it. You can also get Bayer at Walmart, in case you don't have a Home Depot near you. Maybe this is a sign from the Reef Gods that it's time for that upgrade!!! Might as well do it while the scape is in pieces! Good luck man.

Just did a dip of everything in bayer. Corals survived the dip. Did a quick inspection an hour after they went back in. I think i saw aefw but cant be sure it was a super small mark on one of the sps. Planning another dip next week. :(

Ontop of it all. When i was working on my tank i went to touch my light just to adjust it quick. Got a light shock from it, super afraid i have some kind of issue with my wiring or something because thats not normal. :unsure:

Just another thing to add to the list of crap piling up on my reef.

Partt of me wants to take a break from the sps and go softies / gorgs nd enjoy my mandarin and maybe get him a girly. Mayb get some horses. Idk.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Partt of me wants to take a break from the sps and go softies / gorgs nd enjoy my mandarin and maybe get him a girly. Mayb get some horses. Idk.

don't jump the gun man! it could be much less of a problem than you think it is. do a couple dips, keep inspecting on a regular basis, Kat has a good point, you could have been lucky and they were old marks and there's no AEFW

• Like 1

So no AEFW came out in the dip? Maybe you got lucky and the one colony had it so far. Dipping that colony also yielded nothing? What if they were old bite marks?

They are hard enough to see so i cant say for sure i saw any in the murky/milky dipping water. Im going to do another dip, maybe up the concentration and just continue to watch for them.

I mean i saw tons of dead inverts and life in the dip. So it did work, just dont know if it was working on the aefw. Only pieces ive seen them on are two of my sps. The blue voodoo and the green and blue tip tenius. My blue tenius is dead which i believe is from the aefw. Also lost another piece which i believe was aefw also. Only time will tell if theres any on other pieces

don't jump the gun man! it could be much less of a problem than you think it is. do a couple dips, keep inspecting on a regular basis, Kat has a good point, you could have been lucky and they were old marks and there's no AEFW

Yea, idk. With my job and the end of school coming up my times been tight so part of me wants to just go with something simple. But i wont go that route unless my acros all die. I couldnt have the heart to just toss them. And im definitely not giving them away cause of the bugs.

In other updates. I broght my royal gramma, chromis and cardnial back to my lfs and get a wrasse to try to get some biological defense against the aefw.

• Like 1

Next dip pour out the used solution to just a hair above the bottom to see if anything is sitting in the bottom

There was a ton of crap. Asterinas, spaghetti worms, bristle worms, micro snails. I saw some small tan things but they are ao damn small its hard to confirm they are the aefw

what about a swish in RO or salt water to dislodge the friendly critters before the dip.

Meh i got tons more of all the above on my rock so not too worried about those. Infact ive had tons of asterinas so i dont mind thinning out the population.

I meant it as a way to be able to see AEFW in the bayer dip more effectively if it wasn't littered with the friendlies. Not to save them.

Ohhhhhh. Not a bad idea but i doubt they would come off even with a good shake.

First inspection after dip i didnt see anything. Doesnt mean they are gone because its not like i had a huge infestation. When i saw them before the dip it was maybe only a couple small ones aside from the bite marks on corals. So i cant really go by a visual inspection. Only time will tell.

The melanarus is super cool though. Im sure its mad i dont have sand but it will have to deal with it. Hes pretty muchh got the tank to itself since the clown and mandy dont take much room.