Pod Your Reef

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

i thought you pre-ordered already?

I did but it hasn't shipped yet so I guess I still have time to decide if I want to cancel or not.

it does look more appealing than other dosers just because of its compatibility with the apex ( made for it lol)

It really does. I would also free up 2 outlets on my EB8 that I desperately need for controlling my fan if the tank gets too hot.

• Like 2

It really does. I would also free up 2 outlets on my EB8 that I desperately need for controlling my fan if the tank gets too hot.

See, practically paying for itself already :)

Are you by any chance controlling your Jabeo with your V/S ports on your Apex?

See, practically paying for itself already :)

Are you by any chance controlling your Jabeo with your V/S ports on your Apex?

I thought about it but I don't really trust the cables that people are making themselves. I don't want to fry my apex base module.

How is that ConeS working out?

Pretty well. The skimmate is lightly darker than the SRO 1000 INT and is much quieter and easier to adjust. It is a great skimmer and i would recommend it to anymore. I'm still dialing it in but I think I can fine tune it a little more to get a little darker nog in the waste collation bucket.

• Like 1

Nice. I have one coming for Christmas and my sump level is right at 9.5 so hopefully it won't take too much to get it dialed in.

9.5 is right where you want it. I had mine at 9 and it was too dry. 9.5 seems to be working alright. You will like this skimmer. Let me know if you have any questions once you get it from Santa.

Looking sweet Ark, been a while since I checked in but looks like all is well.

Thanks for stopping by man.

• Like 2

The first Apex DOS units are shipping! I hope I here from MarineDepot soon saying mine is in the mail! :D

What is your thought on the 120 degree TIR sense upgrade for more spread? Too much for the tank area?

More spread = more better.

I've never used them, but as Ben says "More spread = more better". :D

• Like 1

I was thinking bout the upgrade, not sure if I should pull the trigger. I agree with more spread equals better and less of a central hotspot. They had there chart at a 48 in 2 area.

jedimasterben

I was thinking bout the upgrade, not sure if I should pull the trigger. I agree with more spread equals better and less of a central hotspot. They had there chart at a 48 in 2 area.

You will still have a central hotspot due to the design of the fixture, but it will be a bit less intense. Not sure what you mean by '48 in 2 area' though.

• Like 1

I was thinking bout the upgrade, not sure if I should pull the trigger. I agree with more spread equals better and less of a central hotspot.

You should talk to Latteslave and see what he thinks about them. I know is using the wide angle lens on his Radions. I found the TIR lens to create hotspots. No bueno.

They had there chart at a 48 in 2 area.

?

The PAR map on the Echotech website had L and W of 48 inches for the 120 degree lenses.

Ahh, I see what you mean. I don't know how much stock I put into the PAR maps but they do provide a basis to work from.

jedimasterben

The PAR map on the Echotech website had L and W of 48 inches for the 120 degree lenses.

LOL. The charts that LED companies make are just flat-out laughable. A single fixture is good for 18x18 with decent coverage, anything beyond that would be considered 'poor', especially for SPS.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

In terms of normal 80 degree lens or the 120 degree lens?

Either. The 80 degree lenses are even worse for spread. You can't get more spread without having multiple units, even though no lenses lets it go a bit farther from the single points, you still need multiple points. A 48x48 area would need a minimum of four Radions for coverage, especially for an SPS tank where you need light coming from as many places as possible so they can keep their color in more places than just the ones that get the most intense light. Corals will always look far better top-down, but if you don't have more light coming in from other angles, then they'll just look blah from the front.

Did you see the superman colony? Was it yellow flesh with pink coralites?

No I didn't see it in person but I had pics texted to me. It's red body with blue tips.

Did you see the superman colony? Was it yellow flesh with pink coralites?

PC superman shouldn't have yellow at all, if it does it is not true PC superman... granted the yellow would make it even hotter as true yellow isn't overly common in SPS but still not true PC superman ;)

No I didn't see it in person but I had pics texted to me. It's red body with blue tips.

Just as it should be.

• Like 1