Cultivated Reef

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

I'm jelly, I'll get one once they release the reservoirs aswell

I'm undecided if I am going to get the resevoir as of yet. They look nice but it all depends on price.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I'm letting my tank adjust first and seeing if the wwc pink milli continues to grow but importantly if it brings back the pink color.

If it does, I'll order a new acro.

Im still skeptic i can keep certain colors in my tank.

• Like 1

dont feel too about the sunburst ark, at least from their reputation over here they are real heart breakers, going great in your tank for months then one day just going belly up.

dont feel too about the sunburst ark, at least from their reputation over here they are real heart breakers, going great in your tank for months then one day just going belly up.

Yeah, I've read that too. They are also very reclusive from what I have read. I will find something else to go in the tank.

I'm letting my tank adjust first and seeing if the wwc pink milli continues to grow but importantly if it brings back the pink color.

If it does, I'll order a new acro.

Im still skeptic i can keep certain colors in my tank.

What makes you think you can't get certain colors? Which colors?

• Like 1

Oh, I see. I think that Watchguy adjusts his pics a bit. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens with this frag. I think that it may change in different tanks based on lighting/params as you suggested. It is very possible that the base encrusting that this frag will put it will be greenish-yellow too.

Oh wow, you bought stuff from Watchguy? I've heard he has some legit stuff and I've been dying to buy some pieces from him.

• Like 1

Oh wow, you bought stuff from Watchguy? I've heard he has some legit stuff and I've been dying to buy some pieces from him.

Yeah, my palmer's blue mille, red dragon, and steve elias stag are all from him. He definitely has some really awesome pieces.

• Like 1

i cant remember if you have a leopard wrasse or not..if you dont then get one they are awesome. so much personality. i have a mystery, leopard wrasse and candy stripe hog fish its a great combo

• Like 1

i cant remember if you have a leopard wrasse or not..if you dont then get one they are awesome. so much personality. i have a mystery, leopard wrasse and candy stripe hog fish its a great combo

I've had a few in the past. I have trouble getting healthy ones from the LFS around here. I had a beautiful potters leopard for about 4 months - ate everything from frozen to pellets but up and died one day for no reason. I've kept ornate leopards with a lot of success too. They are one of my favorite genus of wrasses but I think I am looking for something different this time.

I'd like to try a purple dottyback again. I'm probably going to hold off on getting another fish for awhile since I have been spending a bit on the equipment upgrades though.

• Like 2

yeah i'm just the opposite, i'v had a bunch of luck with leopard wrasses, my current one is snacking on everything at the moment. but with dotty backs, they have always turned out to be the biggest bullies.

i can understand the urge to upgrade, hopefully i have a t5 retrofit from dave in the mail by now, and just recently swapped from making saltwater to getting a 1000L IBC and buying NSW.

• Like 1

Yeah, my palmer's blue mille, red dragon, and steve elias stag are all from him. He definitely has some really awesome pieces.

Palmer's Blue Mille is on my list. If you have room, try to pick up his "Planet Earth". It's a rare frag and I think he's the only guy out there who has a giant colony of it. Here's what it looks like (from the original person who named it):

IMGP2844.jpg

• Like 7

Palmer's Blue Mille is on my list. If you have room, try to pick up his "Blue Planet". It's a rare frag and I think he's the only guy out there who has a giant colony of it. Here's what it looks like (from the original person who named it):

IMGP2844.jpg

that is just fantastic

so is the 50% deal at your LFS ark...you merica guys get all the good stuff

• Like 1

that is just fantastic

so is the 50% deal at your LFS ark...you merica guys get all the good stuff

Which is funny because it is coming from your country. How does that work? lol

Palmer's Blue Mille is on my list. If you have room, try to pick up his "Planet Earth". It's a rare frag and I think he's the only guy out there who has a giant colony of it. Here's what it looks like (from the original person who named it):

IMGP2844.jpg

that's a nice one.

Which is funny because it is coming from your country. How does that work? lol

the market is just so small for it over here in comparison so all good coral get sent straight to you guys, i have a mate that is interning at Cairns marine in a week so hes gonna bring some stuff back with him.

the good thing is that when something decent does come along it doesn't cost an arm and a leg the OTHER bad thing is that our fisheries and quarantines has a single sided sheet of toilet paper of whats allowed in this country.

the market is just so small for it over here in comparison so all good coral get sent straight to you guys, i have a mate that is interning at Cairns marine in a week so hes gonna bring some stuff back with him.

the good thing is that when something decent does come along it doesn't cost an arm and a leg the OTHER bad thing is that our fisheries and quarantines has a single sided sheet of toilet paper of whats allowed in this country.

Wow, that is really weird that there is such a limited list for Aus but the collectors have no problem exporting everywhere else.

WHERE IS HIS FS THREAD!

He doesn't sell often. You have to check on the RC for sale page or sometimes in the SoCal club forum on RC. He may sell on R2R too but I'm not sure. I bought from him a year ago and that was the last time he sold. I have met him at frag swap meets for frags too.

• Like 1

How did you get your potters leapord to survive that long, I can't even get 24hr from the two I tried.

It was healthy coming in I guess. It was eating mysis, brine, pellets, and flake from day one. I thought I got really luck - and I was for awhile. I found it stuck to a powerhead one afternoon after feeding a ton that morning. It had eaten like a pig too.

Did some testing this morning.

Ca- 450

DkH- 9.6

Mg- 1230

My params are swinging and I am not sure why. I normally add 2ml Mg weekly to keep it around 1350 but that seems to not be working. I have also slowly lowered the amount of calcium carbonate I am dosing but my DkH is still high. I normally set it around 8.5 but it has been high for the last month. Ca is where I want it though.

Could be worse. :)

Everything still looking good?

Well, my green slimer has been very, very slowly losing some flesh over the last 2-3 weeks. I think it has stopped now but other than that everything else is looking OK. Growth has slowed though. I think it's the change in lighting and the adjustment period i am experiencing... I hope!

• Like 2

Big difference is you know what you're doing. You also know what to look for. I am sure it will be back to your expectations soon.

Hah, don't give me too much credit, Brian. Do any of us really know what we are doing? :D

• Like 1