Innovative Marine Aquariums

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

My Aquamaxx zeovit reactor was well built, I imagine the skimmers are also well built. Hold up and keep looking; does some crazy stuff, I got a vertrx omega 150 for 250 last year.

I was repositioning some of my corals and cutting of the peg part of the frag disc when I noticed the shaded part of the stick was not as colorful as the rest. These are just frags. I also has a two sunset montipora, one 1/2 higher and more horizontal and one at a 15 degree angle and more robust coloration of the horizontal frag is remarkable.

These have really not gone past stick form but I can see what you mean about light reflection.

• Like 1

Why not look into the Pacific Sun Kore 5th doser - it's under $400(on special now)for 5 heads, an ATO and a temp monitor, add on water change module and it's incredible from every review I've read. It gets no love in the US though for some reason.

• Like 1

Why not look into the Pacific Sun Kore 5th doser - it's under $400(on special now)for 5 heads, an ATO and a temp monitor, add on water change module and it's incredible from every review I've read. It gets no love in the US though for some reason.

They are quality doser units, but I was really looking forward to trying out the stepper motors. They are supposed to be very quiet and long lasting compared to the DC motors.

• Like 1

I have been waiting for them too. I have also been waiting for my alkalinity and calcium to tank, but everything has been stable with 10% water changes.

Common corals, grow.

I'm sipping my Papua New Guinea coffee and watching my emerald crab eat bubble algae off some frags. It's been a good morning so far. This emerald crab does a great job at keeping anything it can climb on free of bubble algae. I only bubble algae in spots where it can't go.

Got any frags to share???

A bunch are going to a LFS in trade for some credit but I can make some more. I have lots of ORA Joe the Coral, sunset monti, green birdsnest, poccilapora, red setosa, and tricolor valida.

Steppers are the way to go. With you going back to T5, send me your Radion for outfit.... :blink:

Hah, I was wondering when you would mention that, Dave. I will let you know if I decide to have you go mad scientist on the radion and make a Franken-ATI-dion

• Like 1

I have added some height to my skimmer stand and it has helped a lot. My skimmer seems to be close to running normally again in about 5.75''-ish water level. I guess I put it in a little too low in the sump the last time I cleaned it. I'm glad because I didn't want to have to buy a new skimmer for this tank until the pump on this one dies.

• Like 2
Thanks man! I can chance it if you want! :)

Pretty sure it'll be fine. Last time bought in the winter too, how you ship it? Baggie and wrap it in a wet paper towel?

Pretty sure it'll be fine. Last time bought in the winter too, how you ship it? Baggie and wrap it in a wet paper towel?

I double bag in ziplock and ship with some water inside. This chaeto survived being in the box for 8 days one time when the USPS lost it and was fine when the person finally got their package.

• Like 1

Grrr, my alk has been swinging a little ever since I took the red cap and pink birdsnest colonies out of the tank. They were consuming about 1dkh a day combined. Trying to find the balance again.

when did you go back to T5? what did you have for light before?

your thread is so long, I can only read the first and the last.

I have a Radion gen 3. I am actually supposed to receive my new light today so I technically have not switched yet.

I received my ATI 6x24 and set it up.

First impressions - This thing is heavy! It is solid and well built. The fans are a little loud, but I wasn't used to my Radion being loud and all my other fixtures (250w MH and 4x24 TEK fixture) never had fans for cooling.

Currently I am using ATI x3 Blue+, x2 Coral+, and x1 Actinic. I am also feeling some heat coming from the fixture that I am not used to.

The spread is great. I am getting more light around the edges of my tank. and a bit more light around the edges/sides of the corals. It's not as much as I was hoping, but I it is better than before. This combo is very similar to my Radion 20k setting so I think I am going to go with this for awhile and see what happens. I got an extra Coral+ bulb just in case I thought the above combo was too blue.

The corals look almost the same under this light currently, but we shall see how they respond. I have it hung about 8 inches above the water line. I hope this is high enough to not bleach anything.

I am still going to hold onto my Radion. I will give this fixture a few months and see what happens. If it is not to my liking for this tank I will just hold onto it before another build and go back LEDs. It really is an experiment to see if I am getting the best color I can out of my corals or if I can push it further.

I'll tackle installing the Sicce Syncra 3.0 tomorrow. I have to remove the mag7, cut the return line, add the union, fit everything together. I really hope that it all goes well as I hate dealing with plumbing.

• Like 8