inTank Media Baskets

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

bpounds1991

I emailed AI in regards to their PAR readings and how far the distance was from the light to the water level when they took the measurements, customer service told me the readings were based solely off of inches away from the light... so I wouldn't even say that the power of the lights is comparable to a Kessil 150.

I emailed AI in regards to their PAR readings and how far the distance was from the light to the water level when they took the measurements, customer service told me the readings were based solely off of inches away from the light... so I wouldn't even say that the power of the lights is comparable to a Kessil 150.

Wat8.jpg

Have no buzzing Issues at all, the only thing making a slight noise Is My MP10ES, As far as distance from water level I originally had mine at 8.5" Just because but knowing the amount of blue/violet LED's in comparison to my AI Nano I pulled out the old Nano Bracket and measured the distance from the water which was just almost 5" off, so Adjusted the Prime down to that. I bought a frack of Fire & Ice and a frag of Fruity Loops last week, the FL's have 3 new heads in a week and the Fire & Ice have 2 new ones(that I can see). My Open brain coral looks happy as do other corals. I just Introduced a couple new SPS so I will see how those do.

BilabongAthlete

I just got the AI Prime today with tank mount and theres good and bad about the light.( bad only comes from the tank mount)

The Good

- excellent shimmer (compared to the current orbit marine)

- The App is awesome and super easy to use

- The spectrum is great

- fits 20inches in length (even though it says it cover 18in)

-coral already is responding after a day

The Bad

- droops no matter what

-The mount on a rimless does not seem secure at all and this is my biggest concern. I really wish that the mount would stay in place, living in California if there were a small earthquake I would be worried about it falling in my tank.

I just got the AI Prime today with tank mount and theres good and bad about the light.( bad only comes from the tank mount)

The Good

- excellent shimmer (compared to the current orbit marine)

- The App is awesome and super easy to use

- The spectrum is great

- fits 20inches in length (even though it says it cover 18in)

-coral already is responding after a day

The Bad

- droops no matter what

-The mount on a rimless does not seem secure at all and this is my biggest concern. I really wish that the mount would stay in place, living in California if there were a small earthquake I would be worried about it falling in my tank.

umm something tells me your doing it wrong if your worried its going to fall in the tank.... The biggest issues for sum is the Light staying in whatever they are trying to position it, even if it slumps and falls forward it is connected to a bolt on the arm that will not allow it to just fall off

umm something tells me your doing it wrong if your worried its going to fall in the tank.... The biggest issues for sum is the Light staying in whatever they are trying to position it, even if it slumps and falls forward it is connected to a bolt on the arm that will not allow it to just fall off

I think he means the light, mount and all, loosing from the tank itself and falling in.

BilabongAthlete

I meant the mount. the light is fine even though it droops a bit, the mount seems very unstable, I am sure it would be fine if my tank was not rimless.

can you post a pic of how you are mounting it? I have a very thin rimless tank I have it mounted to and its very stable, So I'm curious as to where your concern is. maybe I can see the issue or at least give some reassurance

BilabongAthlete

The plastic screw is very small and does not seem very stable to me. Glad it worked well in your tank but for me, stability being an issue, is in fact an issue for me. Living in California, with earthquakes it seems like it would fall over, as for a pic, there really is not a way to tighten the plastic screw any other way.

The plastic screw is very small and does not seem very stable to me. Glad it worked well in your tank but for me, stability being an issue, is in fact an issue for me. Living in California, with earthquakes it seems like it would fall over, as for a pic, there really is not a way to tighten the plastic screw any other way.

Kinda ghetto but I cut a 3/4 piece of wood put it between the back of the tank and the mount. I have a piece of black acrylic that I am going to use in place of the wood to make it look better but haven't got around to it. For now the wood is working

I have the same slight buzzing noise that seems to come and go while adjusting different colors

Out of curiousity..which ones? Does the sound go away at 100%

Pretty important distinction. I assumed "AI Prime® has a peak PAR of 500µMol at a depth of 12 inches" was below water, not above water. Thanks Bpounds for posting.

Edit : I contacted AI customer service myself and yes, as Bpounds confirmed, the Par reading on their website was above water. On a side note, it was sure nice to get a fast customer service response, matter of minutes. Thanks AI.

davidanthony921

i used the flat side of my house key and tightened very well. it seems stable as a rock.

tdannhauser30

Someone please tell me! Im at the end of my rope with my nanocube LED lighting and want something new. Would this be enough for the jbj nanocube 28??? I dont understand lighting lol

I've had mine for 2 1/2 weeks now and i love it. Never even used the ball swivel thing. Just used an allen head bolt and a few washers feels very solid.

Someone please tell me! Im at the end of my rope with my nanocube LED lighting and want something new. Would this be enough for the jbj nanocube 28??? I dont understand lighting lol

Looks like a good fit for that tank!

Thank you! thats what i was looking for lol

You'll love the light! I am insanely pleased with it and I can't wait to get it over my Nuvo 20. (Currently over my standard 10)

• Like 1