Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Her butler would be great for 24/7 picture taking. :P

or even better , have the tank sitter take photos and then explain what he just took pics of . :lol:

• Like 1
jedimasterben

or even better , have the tank sitter take photos and then explain what he just took pics of . :lol:

OH MY GOD THIS, THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN RIGHT MEOW

• Like 2

Maybe get some professional photog's.. it's bout that time.

I am still hoping ReHype will come over one day, we have been talking about it for a bit. Just need to carve out some time.

Her butler would be great for 24/7 picture taking. :P

:slap:

OH MY GOD THIS, THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN RIGHT MEOW

:angry:

• Like 1

I'm putting this here because you'll be interested, Kat, but also your thread gets a lot of views so others may be interested, too.

A couple of books about nano tanks are being produced/written/etc. They want aquarists to submit photos of their tanks and cool shots they've taken of livestock, etc. to use in the books.

http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2013/06/03/101-nanos-wants-your-photos/

• Like 3

I'm putting this here because you'll be interested, Kat, but also your thread gets a lot of views so others may be interested, too.

A couple of books about nano tanks are being produced/written/etc. They want aquarists to submit photos of their tanks and cool shots they've taken of livestock, etc. to use in the books.

http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2013/06/03/101-nanos-wants-your-photos/

Thanks Doc. I've been corresponding with Matt Pederson!

Might interest some folks to know that the Christmas Favia that is bleaching is doing so on account of receiving one hour of sunlight every day. How about them apples.

Them's sour apples, Kat. :mellow:

What are you going to do?

Knowing Kat , she will force the sun to change positions in the mornings

theforce_zpsf8487f9a.jpg

• Like 5

I have curtains which I installed in my office to save the tank from the sun. Benny had said that the sunlight would be rather weak coming through double paned windows. Maybe it is getting magnified by the curve on the corners of the tank, I don't know. I know it sure feels hot to me. Except for the favia, everything else is doing fine in the color department. The loss of color is the coral expelling zooxanthelea and could very well color up with different zooxanthelae when it chooses. It seems happy other than slooooowly getting lighter.

Sun bleached favia

20130604_194733.jpg

Before

IMG_2581.CR2.jpg

Aww! And I found a picture of my clownfish when they were just added to the tank. look at these little babies. Ruby is HUGE now.

Nov2011clowns.jpg

• Like 6

Yes, you can really see a difference in the color of the Favia. It still looks pretty in a pastel shade. :)

Why are all babies cute? Even fish babies! :lol:

• Like 3

Recent FTS is very nice. Love seeing then and now pics. Baby clowns are adorable until they start nipping at you. :)

So far only the Midas blenny has bit me. Blasted fish.

That's the sun's IR that you're feeling, it'll feel hot no matter what.

I'm tan your hide Benny. That's how hot it gets in my fishy room.

• Like 1

Hello from HotLanta! I've been awake since 4am EST, had an early morning flight and besides the flight time, I finally JUST sat down. Anybody wants to share my egg drop soup? Oh too late I finished it, I was too hungry.

Was emailing with John Maloney to see if he had any blue knuckle hermits and tongan nassarius snails stashed in the back. I asked for his recommendation for GHA and cyano eaters and he suggested Florida ceriths. I got to telling him that my crabs have all died and the emerald crab I have is very lazy. He said something which I wanted to share with everybody.

High magnesium and potassium levels, he said, will kill hermit crabs. I know my porcelains did not fall prey to the hermits so it may have killed them too. I do have high mag levels. I mentioned that people intentionally raise mag to counter bryopsis and he said it should not be done with hermits in the tank. That was good info.

He said an emerald crab would take care of my GHA and turf algae. I have one and he is the laziest littlw crab ever! John said if he seems lethargic then it is due to high magnesium also. Like, wow, why did I not know this before! So when I get home im going to try to catch the emerald, if he proves easy, he is not feeling very crabby.

Thought I would share this with y'all.

Hey Batgirl, That sun coral is looking pretty dead :o

Of The 15 heads, the better ones are on the other side. I'm going to feed it to get healthy, it stays with me till then.

• Like 2

Hello from HotLanta! I've been awake since 4am EST, had an early morning flight and besides the flight time, I finally JUST sat down. Anybody wants to share my egg drop soup? Oh too late I finished it, I was too hungry.

Was emailing with John Maloney to see if he had any blue knuckle hermits and tongan nassarius snails stashed in the back. I asked for his recommendation for GHA and cyano eaters and he suggested Florida ceriths. I got to telling him that my crabs have all died and the emerald crab I have is very lazy. He said something which I wanted to share with everybody.

High magnesium and potassium levels, he said, will kill hermit crabs. I know my porcelains did not fall prey to the hermits so it may have killed them too. I do have high mag levels. I mentioned that people intentionally raise mag to counter bryopsis and he said it should not be done with hermits in the tank. That was good info.

He said an emerald crab would take care of my GHA and turf algae. I have one and he is the laziest littlw crab ever! John said if he seems lethargic then it is due to high magnesium also. Like, wow, why did I not know this before! So when I get home im going to try to catch the emerald, if he proves easy, he is not feeling very crabby.

Wow, John's the man. Thats such good info. Who would have known high mag levels could effect crabs like that, thanks for sharing.

HotLanta huh, any cool LFS there?

• Like 1

How high is high?