Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

TDS went from 085 to 008 today. I changed the sediment filter (after 1 year) from 1.0 micron to 0.5 micron.

I also changed the DI block. I found no information anywhere on what the color in this color indicating cartridge is supposed to change to. I even emailed spectrapure who are ridiculous about never getting back to a customer, I should have PMd DesertRat. Anyway.

It looked like this, which I am sure means it needed replacing:

20130526_152057.jpgspectrapure%20DI%20Canister%20with%20DI%

I have a new membrane and a new carbon block still in the packaging. Spectrapure's website and RO/DI manuals say that the way to check if your RO membrane has exhausted is to check chlorine from the waste water. I did and it was clean which meant that both the carbon block and the membrane are still intact and doing their job.

• Like 1

TDS went from 085 to 008 today. I changed the sediment filter (after 1 year) from 1.0 micron to 0.5 micron.

I also changed the DI block. I found no information anywhere on what the color in this color indicating cartridge is supposed to change to. I even emailed spectrapure who are ridiculous about never getting back to a customer, I should have PMd DesertRat. Anyway.

It looked like this, which I am sure means it needed replacing:

20130526_152057.jpgspectrapure%20DI%20Canister%20with%20DI%

I have a new membrane and a new carbon block still in the packaging. Spectrapure's website and RO/DI manuals say that the way to check if your RO membrane has exhausted is to check chlorine from the waste water. I did and it was clean which meant that both the carbon block and the membrane are still intact and doing their job.

The spectrapure resin always confused me too , so I now use this :

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-bulk-deionization-resin-color-changing.html

All of my other filters still come from spectrapure & I keep everything in the .5 micron range with great results. I change my sediment & carbon every 6 months .

The spectrapure resin always confused me too , so I now use this :

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-bulk-deionization-resin-color-changing.html

All of my other filters still come from spectrapure & I keep everything in the .5 micron range with great results. I change my sediment & carbon every 6 months .

What does that blue change to?

Oh, says brown on the site. that will certainly help.

Lady Katherine , what type of clam is Oreo ? I bought a clam today that looks like Oreo for 10$ again.

Oreo is a Tridacna Maxima, farm raised in French Polynesia. Oh wait, Im not Lady Katherine, but I answer to all bat signals.

1reefluvr2

Oreo is a Tridacna Maxima, farm raised in French Polynesia. Oh wait, Im not Lady Katherine, but I answer to all bat signals.

thank you Zeph aka lady Kat's personal assistant . One last question Zeph I think my new clam is gaping since I did buy it for 10$ I'll take a pic and see if Nicole has time to post a pic .
  • Like 1
chippwalters

:wub: I love my tank

IMG_7142.JPG

Wow, Pooja, Stunning what you've been able to accomplish here. Great job! Over 400 pages of messages! And the tank looks great too! ;)

• Like 2
Deleted User 3

thank you Zeph aka lady Kat's personal assistant . One last question Zeph I think my new clam is gaping since I did buy it for 10$ I'll take a pic and see if Nicole has time to post a pic .

I need a personal assistant :( I am thee personal slave at work :(

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. She's not quite as big today and is active, swimming around and eating, also chasing Draco. Yup, she had gas. Incarcerated flatus.

OR... draco and bella :naughtydance: and it was leftover.......

I'm not finish the sentence, figure it out.

• Like 1

Hey everybody. In Tank news I tried to set up the new IM Mini Mac reactor but the size I got (mid-size) is too small for both GFO and Carbon which I like to run. So I'm getting another IM reactor, but the desktop size to run GFO and Carbon separately.

Tank looks good and fluffy. I think Bella is a sick fish. Her body looks fine but she goes through carb coma or something halfway through the day where she basically is very still and starts to loose color from a certain spot. Her behavior at this time is listless, vacant, and generally pretty stressful to watch. If she has internal parasites, her body would be showing signs of decline in body mass, caved in stomach or such but she is fine in that respect. I wish I knew what causes her to be this way.

• Like 1