ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I had it paired with my other Bangai that's in my main display and it was getting abused and bullied 24/7 and stayed quite small, because the other wouldn't even let him eat. So after a few weeks of hoping they would pair up and finally get along, i moved him over to the frag tank and assumed i ended up with two males. I seen that you can sex them by counting the triangular bumps on there underside but i couldn't ever tell if i was seeing one or two or what down there. Since i moved him to the frag tank he has gotten fat and developing a bulldog like jaw like the other bangai in the main display.

I think mine has gotten fat and developed the bulldog jaw too. Hmmm.

Got back from NC last night in some crazy weather (in all my years of flying, I've never been in a jet that hydroplaned on landing until last night). Found a place. Good news - they will let me have an aquarium. Bad news (maybe good news in some ways as I'm still learning), it has to be 10g.

• Like 4
jedimasterben

Got back from NC last night in some crazy weather (in all my years of flying, I've never been in a jet that hydroplaned on landing until last night). Found a place. Good news - they will let me have an aquarium. Bad news (maybe good news in some ways as I'm still learning), it has to be 10g.

1366608790835.jpg

I read that as it has to be AT LEAST 10g :D

• Like 1
Deckoz2302

You picked the wrong spot lol...I got 106 gallons on the 3rd floor....lol 1370ish pounds...my apartment manager loves it haha...as soon as you turn into the conplex you see my apartment. .lit up like a pot grow out. I even had a police officer knock on my door. Apparently someone made a report of someone smoking in my building and the cop saw the lights and tried to play dumb like I had a growout haha...of course let him in and asked him if my tank was like the best growout he'd ever seen...

• Like 5

You picked the wrong spot lol...I got 106 gallons on the 3rd floor....lol 1370ish pounds...my apartment manager loves it haha...as soon as you turn into the conplex you see my apartment. .lit up like a pot grow out. I even had a police officer knock on my door. Apparently someone made a report of someone smoking in my building and the cop saw the lights and tried to play dumb like I had a growout haha...of course let him in and asked him if my tank was like the best growout he'd ever seen...

lol

Yeah, stinks about the 10g only, but it'll be fine. Good place to start and I can make it look KILLER.

lol, nah, I'd rather not deal with the fines and shit. Besides, they are really nice landlords. They just have a no pet policy and don't want aquariums breaking and causing water damage everywhere.

Deleted User 3

lol, nah, I'd rather not deal with the fines and shit. Besides, they are really nice landlords. They just have a no pet policy and don't want aquariums breaking and causing water damage everywhere.

Yeah i have no idea what size aquarium i can't have lol. I think i read somewhere 20g was max, but i dont even know anymore. It's a bottom floor apartment, only concrete under this beast so not a huge deal.

Howdy from Dallas!

Bella was not feeling any better. Yesterday while I was still home I read up on Mandarin fin rot disease which appears to be common. Stress and water quality bring it on. I know it isn't my water quality but it could be stress because of her complicated relationship with Draco.

I put in a small dose of melafix marine which is the best I could have done given my travel, and also because I did not want to stress her further by putting her in a QT tank that I do not have.

Am not sure she has fin rot or just retracted pectoral fins due to stress but I could see some of her tail missing and thought to take action rather than wait it out.

Not sure how the clam will respond to it, have to check with the tank sitter.

• Like 1
Polarcollision

We've offered to carry insurance for any damages a failed aquarium might cause. It goes a long way toward appeasing the condo or house rental anxieties. But you can do a lot with 8 gallons--I sure do love my little aquarium. Even the tiny frags don't looks so small and desolate growing out in it. :-)

I survived. Landed at 12:30 and stalked the tank for half an hour with a flash light. I am happy to report Bella is still alive, I felt sure she was going to croak. I think I arrested the free willy flight of the clownfish babies while I was stalking the tank, but they certainly hatched last night.

My cat is very upset, because he was put on a diet while I was away. :furious:

This morning I changed the filter sock and peroxide dipped some frags to get rid of nasties, the TDS i n the water has resulted in some GHA which I have never had before. Spot treated a few places in the tank. I might do a water change later today or tomorrow.

Most likely have a 2 week overseas trip coming up in the middle of June and I need to make sure any algae is not on a fast track towards tank domination. The fuge looks alright but I see GHA in there too. Need to step up nutrient reduction. Canister filter needed asap.

I see my original advice has now become words to live by. I can make a plaque and send it to you for pondering over.... :flower:

Always a good idea to start small and build from there. Build your confidence. We all started with small first tanks, mine was a 14G.

• Like 3

:lol: is that a trick Q? They vanished.

Aww shoot that's too bad. But they'll spawn again. Planning on raising some babies next time?

Sigh. Yeah. :wub: This is why I trust my instincts with my tank. Thank you T5s.

Crappy cell phone pic. The flesh color looks amazing.

20130602_134857.jpg

Same bird, March 28

IMG_0610.CR2.jpg

Top down using only the flash from the cell phone

20130602_134723.jpg

20130602_134714.jpg

Aww shoot that's too bad. But they'll spawn again. Planning on raising some babies next time?

Probably not for a while, I still have a full month of travel planned, when I'm back end of June then I could start to get the 2.5 G ready to house babies. WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT THIS? stop it!

Kat you really need to set up a clown fish nursery tank! And then sell them! :lol:

:slap:

Errbady is now drinking the clownfish kool aid! stop it!

• Like 5