Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Deleted User 3

So far only the Midas blenny has bit me. Blasted fish.

I'm tan your hide Benny. That's how hot it gets in my fishy room.

My clowns nip at me. Freaks me out every time. I usually utter a few swear words and 'you little bastard' lol

• Like 1

Wow! Good to know. I do not have hermits but I do not want to make my emeralds lethargic.

I had high Mg levels (>1700) a couple of months back. It was not intentional. IDK what caused it. I change water regularly. I gotta measure again.

Thanks for sharing the info! You are so generous with your knowledge. :wub:

• Like 1

Wow, John's the man. Thats such good info. Who would have known high mag levels could effect crabs like that, thanks for sharing.

HotLanta huh, any cool LFS there?

Wish I had time to visit a store, I'm lucky I got to see the Georgia aquarium, loved it!

• Like 2

Umm yea, Georgia aquarium beats LFS and LSS (local shoe stores) any day :D

I don't know ...... Kat can't pass up on a good LSS (I think she's addicted)

• Like 1
oldSWseamomma

You are about 4 hrs away from the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga :) Can't wait to see what pics your tank sitter sent you !

oldSWseamomma

I know Chattanooga, I sell to a couple of stores there. Pics will have to wait till I get back to my desk, I can't link to picasa from my phablet for some reason.

I love Chattanooga - downtown is so fun ! And the TN Aquarium is awesome :D If you're ever in Knoxville I can let you know all about the great restuarants, pubs, brewerys, etc. hiccup......... :rolleyes:

Wish I had time to visit a store, I'm lucky I got to see the Georgia aquarium, loved it!

Going on a 2 week vacation next month and this is one of my planned stops.. I can't wait!

I love Chattanooga - downtown is so fun ! And the TN Aquarium is awesome :D If you're ever in Knoxville I can let you know all about the great restuarants, pubs, brewerys, etc. hiccup......... :rolleyes:

I'm tryin to grab a cabin in either Chattanooga, Nashville or Knoxville, I haven't decided. One of the days is reserved as a fishing day but still looking for things to do.

I am going to be overseas for 2 weeks very soon. Planning on beefing up the CUC crew this week. I will do a WC before I leave but not sure how to address the issue of changing out the filter sock in the sump while I am gone. Should I turn down the flow of the sump?

I'm baaaaaaack. Where's the fire?

:flower:

BELLA IS ALIVE! and eating something. She looks alright for not having been squirted with foods for the last 5 days. TS was pouring in some live BBS while I was away but without shutting off pumps so I am not even sure she got to eat any.

I have 10 days before I go overseas for 2 weeks. I decided to switch out the filter sock for the mesh one which doesn't catch anything, and put filter floss in it.

Can I tell you how absolutely OVERJOYED the SPS look? I have never seen such FAT polyps on the green slimer, or the ORA scripps acro. The tubbs yellow and the magic sauce birds have a beautiful color on them, the red planet frag that has been dormant for 6 months is turning all kinds of green yellow and pink. Wow.

I came home to 2 zoanthid frags (glued down) with a lot of GHA. I dipped those in peroxide and also nipped some sections of the ORA green bird that had macros stuck to it and taking over.

Doing agressive cleaning, dipping and daily water changes. I am seeing GHA in some spots and I don't want it to get worse. I have stopped the black worm feeding which likely contributed to the nutrient overload.

Ordered a CUC from Reef cleaners and pods from R2G. Did a 2G water change today. Planning to siphon the sand bed this weekend with a 5G.

• Like 4

Photo dump omgomgomg.

So the TS got a new lens which he says is called a pancake. A no frills thingamabob. Anyway the clarity is lovely and I have not enjoyed taking pictures like this in a long time. They came out too dark though so maybe next time he can help me take better ones.

ORA Scripps acro. Yeah it is suspended ont he back wall, another inspiration from Maria. Look at the turquoise polyps on this thing. Insane on an otherwise boring coral.

IMG_1338.CR2.jpg

I don't know what I focussed on but this is the Magic Sauce Bird.

IMG_1340.CR2.jpg

The Nasuta looks amazing

IMG_1341.CR2.jpg

Jungle bird

IMG_1342.CR2.jpg

This is my Tubbs yellow bird which went from this

20130131_140338.jpg

to this under T5s

IMG_1343.CR2.jpg

Random shot of the ORA spongodes and SPS

IMG_1351.CR2.jpg

Cali Tort

IMG_1349.CR2.jpg

Grandis Palys

IMG_1333.CR2.jpg

• Like 15

As usual, looking awesome and making me hate this hobby. I kid, I kid! :P

Well, I decided to do a systemic peroxide dose. Really nothing to lose and a lot to gain if it works.
Did a lot of reading. First dose tonight. 1.4 mL dose (14 gallon by volume tank). Everything got a little pissed.

But I do see things perking up. I'll update my thread as well. Just a quickie update here. :) W-

• Like 2