inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I drank some clownfish water once while vacuuming the tank. Salty with a tangy, fish taste and a peculiar odor.

It could be a fun project, is all.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Unless you want a full-time job, I'd just leave the clownfish and their eggs be. Growing them out is not easy.

Kat your tank looks sooooo pretty! The FTS is especially killer with the Zoas giving it exceptional depth. LOVE IT! :D

The color and PE of the birds nest is very dramatic. Great call on the new lights!

• Like 1

John Maloney has a flying sea hare on sale!

does it come out of the water and fly around ? if no , then I call it a swimming sea hare.

• Like 1

John Maloney has a flying sea hare on sale!

I just placed an with him, not for a sea hare though. You clam looks perfect. I think the natural sunlight has a lot to do with it. You and OMGSIIK are doing well with your maximas, and both utilize natural light, as we all know Dr. Mac does too. My outdoor patio off he fish room would be really sweet for a sun lit tank, I can plumb right into the big system if I added another chiller.

HMMMMmmmmmm......

Why does the female clownfish still have her genital tube visible? They are supposed to spawn every few weeks, admittedly the 2nd round was within a few days of the first clutch of eggs hatching but I felt I had interrupted their alone time the first time they had the eggs.

Bella looked alright today but still with retracted fins. I am strongly contemplating another melafix marine dose.

tanks looking great! When are you going to come down and spend more than a single night with us? We need like a week long reefing getaway. Or at least a three day weekend extravaganza!

• Like 2

Not bad...But that sandbed is ACHING for another clam...maybe a nice little medium light squammy.

Stop it!

tanks looking great! When are you going to come down and spend more than a single night with us? We need like a week long reefing getaway. Or at least a three day weekend extravaganza!

:wub: I hear you, I've been thinking about it too, and JBB and I were talking about that after dinner, I could fly in a day early next time but that would be a week day so maybe I will fly out a day later.

I finally put together a home made screen top last night. I took the netting that I bought from kidninja and used it on the window screens I was using to acclimate the tank to the T5s. The size is a little off , short on one side, long on the other. I might have to get the parts from BRS or somewhere after all.

I was surprised to discover that my christmas favia is showing signs of bleaching. This coral is at the lowest light level in my tank and is lower by 6 inches than 2 other favias. Go figure.

The results of the T5 on the SPS is rather dramatic. TuBbs yellow bird is showing lavender polyps again and the flesh is back to being a true yellow instead of a dark mustard with dark polyps. Magic sauce bird also is showing the multi flesh coloration that it had when I first got it. Nasuta polyps look more deep purple than ever. Zoanthids are growing like crazy. I have to re locate one of the echinatas, I found it trying to eat the grandis paly yesterday. Chalice showed tentacles foe the first time last week too.

• Like 2

Tank looks lovely!

Thank you! How is the eel?

Yes..yer tank always looks lovely......somehow different each time.......but lovely!

Thank you Mark. :blush: I re-arranged some corals this morning, even before the lights were on. :blush: the next FTS will look different again. :blush:

Gorgeous coloring on your corals Kat :wub:

Thank you! I wish I had my friends high end camera to take pictures of actinics again. The colors blow me away.

• Like 1