Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I need to check to see if the additives you use/feed are banned by the MLB, if not, I think there are some baseball players I could sell them to....

It's called FOOD. Everybody should have a prescription for it. Maybe I'm a poster tank for coral feeding? Did you see my jungle bird?

Eeeks. The tank in June 2012 look at the pink bird size

IMG_4721.JPG

After being fragged about 20 times, I even made 2 mini-colonies

June 2013

IMG_7142.JPG

• Like 7

It's called FOOD. Everybody should have a prescription for it. Maybe I'm a poster tank for coral feeding? Did you see my jungle bird?

IMG_4721.JPG

June 2013

IMG_7142.JPG

I think the interesting part of this is how you've managed to create a system that can deal with the excess food. Your fuge is largely responsible for that IMHO.

• Like 2

I think the interesting part of this is how you've managed to create a system that can deal with the excess food. Your fuge is largely responsible for that IMHO.

And the really recent problems I have been having is further proof that the fuge is a life saver. The light on the macros in the fuge was really bad for at least a month if not more causing a lot of die off of the macros. They are slowly getting back but in the meantime I started feeding more, mostly very dense protein in the form of live black worms for the mandarin that refuses to eat frozen. In addition I had high TDS water. The resultant nutrient spike shows up as GHA here and there in the tank, but mostly the stupid red dictyota species of macros is sporing like mad and growing even in dark corner. The fix is obvious but will take time to actually work. I am concerned that unwanted macros will take over the tank while I am away for 2 weeks.

I ordered TWO enormous mexican turbo snails from Reefs 2 Go. I can't wait for those guys to clean up that red dictoyota. I'll have to hide the star grass in the fuge though. That is fine.

And I have some Blue Ochtodes and Red Grape also growing in the display. I guess I could sacrifice those for the greater good.

• Like 1

IMG_4721.JPG

June 2013

IMG_7142.JPG

Awesome Kat!

• Like 1

IMG_4721.JPG

June 2013

IMG_7142.JPG

All that, and in heels no less. You def scored one for the girly-girls.

• Like 2

EVEN MOAR PICTURES! Who doesn't like to hate crappy cell phone pictures. :lol:

FTS June 2013

IMG_1402.CR2.jpg

Top Shelf including Oreo the Clam.

20130611_185430.jpg

The coralline that encrusts and scrolls omgomgomg

20130611_151010.jpg

Spaghetti worms, have about a bazillion of these and the clear ones too

20130611_150820.jpg

Asternias have been multiplying too

20130611_150709.jpg

OMG! NEKKID SPAGHETTI WORM!

20130611_150637.jpg

Peroxide dipped this little rock of Captain America palys. The red dictyota turned orange. Die die die!

20130611_151107.jpg

• Like 4

All that, and in heels no less. You def scored one for the girly-girls.

Yessss.

I have a bacteria Q. My tank is 1.5 years old and has a ton of gunk. It is holding it's own but that could change for a number of reasons. Would you know of any product or variety of products which have the best combination of bacteria to replenish and refresh old systems?

I'm currently sporadically dosing Dr Tim's waste away and Microbacter7. I have a bottle of Eco-balance on the way. But I wonder if I can do more. Thoughts?

Deleted User 3

Nice new name Kat ! :) I haven't kept up much im a few pages behind, been couponing... looking for the diabetes care book from Walgreens w/ the black couple on it, it has a $10 bayer contour ez coupon I neeeeeeeed. lol. A little preoccupied.

I'm baaaaaaack. Where's the fire?

:flower:

BELLA IS ALIVE! and eating something. She looks alright for not having been squirted with foods for the last 5 days. TS was pouring in some live BBS while I was away but without shutting off pumps so I am not even sure she got to eat any.

I have 10 days before I go overseas for 2 weeks. I decided to switch out the filter sock for the mesh one which doesn't catch anything, and put filter floss in it.

Can I tell you how absolutely OVERJOYED the SPS look? I have never seen such FAT polyps on the green slimer, or the ORA scripps acro. The tubbs yellow and the magic sauce birds have a beautiful color on them, the red planet frag that has been dormant for 6 months is turning all kinds of green yellow and pink. Wow.

I came home to 2 zoanthid frags (glued down) with a lot of GHA. I dipped those in peroxide and also nipped some sections of the ORA green bird that had macros stuck to it and taking over.

Doing agressive cleaning, dipping and daily water changes. I am seeing GHA in some spots and I don't want it to get worse. I have stopped the black worm feeding which likely contributed to the nutrient overload.

Ordered a CUC from Reef cleaners and pods from R2G. Did a 2G water change today. Planning to siphon the sand bed this weekend with a 5G.

I'm glad im not the only one with a GHA issue right now.. this weekend im going to dip some rocks.

Deleted User 3

:mellow: you're glad I have GHA? :o

Well... no... well... yes... well... i don't know how to answer this, sucks you have GHA, but I am glad that i'm not the only one? lol

Well... no... well... yes... well... i don't know how to answer this, sucks you have GHA, but I am glad that i'm not the only one? lol

Haha I was thinking the same thing.

My anemone is harboring some GHA around it's base where he CUC cannot get so I have to manually pluck it myself. There are also some spots cropping up in my zoa colony. Nothing too bad though.

• Like 1

Haha I was thinking the same thing.

My anemone is harboring some GHA around it's base where he CUC cannot get so I have to manually pluck it myself. There are also some spots cropping up in my zoa colony. Nothing too bad though.

How do you pluck it out? My tweezers don't manage to grasp it. Do you use human hair plucking tweezers?

I do use tweezers or my fingers depending on how lazy I feel. I also use a siphon while pulling and I just siphon up what I pull off. The GHA is usually pretty thick and comes up in tufts.

I do use tweezers or my fingers depending on how lazy I feel. I also use a siphon while pulling and I just siphon up what I pull off. The GHA is usually pretty thick and comes up in tufts.

Not mine, filamentous and fine haired this species is.

WHERE BE MY MEXICAN TURBO SNAILS!!! omgomgomg

Reefs2Go called the Tank Sitter today! Better update the TS thread.

• Like 2