Coral Vue Hydros

So now it's just leaking a little where the fitting connects to the cap?  I'd try to tighten it a bit more by hand before using Teflon tape.  But if that's the only thing which works, then use the tape (but try not to over tighten).

• Like 2
Kindanewtothis
5 minutes ago, seabass said:

So now it's just leaking a little where the fitting connects to the cap?  I'd try to tighten it a bit more by hand before using Teflon tape.  But if that's the only thing which works, then use the tape (but try not to over tighten).

Yup and a drop here and there from the cap. 

Tested the water for sillicate and its 0.03 < 0.00. It was 0.10 before so not bad and it's below 0.05 so not so bad according to the link you posted.

In the tank, phosphate is 0.05 without any more dosing.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

20221122_105108.jpg

Is it just an optical illusion or is there no O-ring inside the theads on this housing?  That would be a problem, if so.

If the O-ring is there (along with the other seals) but you get leaks AND there's nothing in the threads like dust or whatever, then it should just need another small 1/8- or 1/4-turn to get tighter.

Make sure you use a towel to dry out the cap and housing after any attempted fix as water can continue to come out that leaked BEFORE you made the fix....can fool you (and me) into thinking it's still leaking.

BTW, leaks upon first assembly aren't uncommon.   It often takes me a couple of tries to get it right/no leaks after changing my filter modules.  Don't panic!  🙂 🙂 

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
3 minutes ago, mcarroll said:

Is it just an optical illusion or is there no O-ring inside the theads on this housing?

Ok if I understand correctly, no there is no o-ring inside the threads, just one where the cap meets the canister. Sorry for my bad english.

23 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

20221121_154757.jpg

You can see a slightly dislodged O-ring on this cap...if your O-ring isn't quite seated properly, as in this photo, that can also be a problem.

7 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

I have 3 seals but don't know what to do with them exactly.

All caps should have an O-ring like the one above.

I don't think I see that O-ring in the earlier housing pic (where the housing is threaded onto the cap) that I quoted...which again is here, just for the reference back to the original post:

4 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

20221122_105108.jpg

Just for clarity, there is also the rubber gasket on the filter module, and a rubber gasket in the housing.  (Not O-rings.)  I think you have both pictured here:

7 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

20221122_084129.jpg

Those ARE NOT what I'm talking about that seems missing.  They look like they should.  👍  🙂 

BTW, if the O-rings weren't installed before you got the unit, then it's possible there is no silicone lube.  (You'd know if there was.....it's a PAIN to get off your hands.)

Did they supply any lube with the O-rings?

Kindanewtothis
1 hour ago, mcarroll said:

You can see a slightly dislodged O-ring on this cap...if your O-ring isn't quite seated properly, as in this photo, that can also be a problem.

All caps should have an O-ring like the one above.

I don't think I see that O-ring in the earlier housing pic (where the housing is threaded onto the cap) that I quoted...which again is here, just for the reference back to the original post:

Just for clarity, there is also the rubber gasket on the filter module, and a rubber gasket in the housing.  (Not O-rings.)  I think you have both pictured here:

Those ARE NOT what I'm talking about that seems missing.  They look like they should.  👍  🙂 

2 o-rings on the box but I got 3.

20221122_165806.jpg

1 hour ago, mcarroll said:

BTW, if the O-rings weren't installed before you got the unit, then it's possible there is no silicone lube.  (You'd know if there was.....it's a PAIN to get off your hands.)

Did they supply any lube with the O-rings?

No but I have some I used for my canister filter seal.

• Like 1

From Geekpure's site, it looks like they only use one O-ring.  

image.png.a2f73230de0f70f8df4540fe99ef3450.png

It doesn't appear to go on the cap at all – just in the groove on the housing.  

The other two O-rings in your package are claimed (here) to be spares:  

(Wish I had my RODI in front of me to compare...thought there was an upper O-ring on the cap, but maybe not.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Kindanewtothis

Found on my skimmer, good or not? 

Is this a trochu? 

20221123_085907.jpg

20221123_085653.jpg

Edit: Found at least 6 others in the sump, looks like free snails. Should I try to move them in the display? Let them grow in the sump?

• Wow 3
Kindanewtothis
10 hours ago, seabass said:

Move them to the display.  They are awesome snails.  Yes, Trochus.

Moved 3 of them for now, thinking the hermits might find them being an easy meal...

I think it'll be alright.  Blue legs and scarlet reef hermits don't usually wear trochus snails.  And if the hermits get enough food, the snails should be fine.

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
3 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

These two are almost always together.

20221125_190411.jpg

No idea how snails reproduce (eggs on the glass but then what) but would be nice to get conch babiea to go with the trochus! I also have mexican turbos, nassarius (a.k.a. zombie snails coming out of the sand when feeding) and asterinas. Of all these snails, none are a good as conch except maybe mexican turbos that are a close second.

Kindanewtothis
2 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

Nero 5 nemguard came in.

20221128_174255.jpg

Looks like plenny of movement. Much better than my sicce xtream. 

The kenya tree clearly appreciate.

While I talk about the kenya tree, it has branch changing colors sometimes. Also one was floating and went in the rocks. Am I right to think that it is just propagation? 

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
15 minutes ago, seabass said:

Probably.

Sweet, I want more.

The hammers are growing too.

I got a sample of reef roids, corals seems to like it. It's just a 5g sample and I have use only a little.

Kindanewtothis
40 minutes ago, seabass said:

I assume that it was custom printed from a file you provided.

No they were selling guards for specific pumps models. It looks like the one @Melfy77 gave me for the Nero 3 but the fit is not the same for the cable. I feel like there is too much space, the opening is too big. I feel like I should find something to close it.

The LTA only moved a few inches but who knows where it will be tomorrow morning. It was on the side of the tank but now I think it will face the front... just hoping it's not going to hide in the back...

20221128_215917.jpg

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis

My LTA went back where it was so I suppose it was just exploring its surrondings. It litteraly went from under one rock to under another then back where it was. 😀

• Haha 1
Kindanewtothis
12 hours ago, Kindanewtothis said:

My LTA went back where it was so I suppose it was just exploring its surrondings. It litteraly went from under one rock to under another then back where it was. 😀

It was just a pause, it moved again in direction of the back...

• Like 1
  • Kindanewtothis changed the title to Kinda's Large Tank Adventure (LTA)