Innovative Marine Aquariums

365 day challenge - First timer Flower Power????

GtownSalty

ECLS Reefer
4 minutes ago, GtownSalty said:

Thank you, where did you mount the 50 evo? Do you have pics @Dirté Sanchez

Mounted the 50 from the back of the AIO middle chamber because of width of the light clamp. So it doesn’t completely reach the far end of the tank but that’s been okay so far because of the 3 nems that live there

ECB45A30-8186-4020-BD8D-6934CACDC9FC.jpeg

6AC370AA-7473-42B0-B273-7B4F8E8E62AB.jpeg

• Like 1

@Dirté Sanchez can I ask for 1 more favor.of information. Can you tell me the inside dimensions of the tank? I had written it down to being home but spilled a deink on it. I wantes to.cut a new acrylic top this weekend.

ECLS Reefer
14 minutes ago, GtownSalty said:

@Dirté Sanchez can I ask for 1 more favor.of information. Can you tell me the inside dimensions of the tank? I had written it down to being home but spilled a deink on it. I wantes to.cut a new acrylic top this weekend.

Remember I have the Evo XII, the 13 gallon not the 5. My dimensions might not help you out much.

11 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Remember I have the Evo XII, the 13 gallon not the 5. My dimensions might not help you out much.

Shoot you are right. Thank you 

• Like 1

@debbeach13 I did get the dimensions thank you! @banasophia  gave great measurements. I need to take it back home and add some ventilation and do a few things before pictures but I love it.

I am seeing some marks on my damsel, that I think is from the torch, he loves to rub all in it. I do feel like all is complete with RFA's and my couple other coral. I might work on expanding getting the zoa to spread out more down the branch.Also look who finally popped his head out that was in the back chamber so I literally took everything out and got him back in the display.

Here is shot from the end of the tank I think this might be my favorite view I rarely see. I am so ADHD lol I feel like I need to rearrange but can not decide how. Right now the upkeep has been so easy about a 1 gallon water change weekly and feeding what might be considered heavy I feel like everything appreciates it though. The ATO has made this 100% more enjoyable. I did pick up a prime for 120 bucks WOOT. And love the way it looks, I am having problems with it connecting to wifi but I am able to do everything on it's broadcasted network just fine.  There is a learning curve to them for sure hoping I do not fry any corals learning. 

I hope everyone is doing well during these crazy times. Working in health care is very scary right now, between protecting myself , my family and my patients it is all soooo much. I will say staring at my tank is huge help throughout the day.

Also Savage Reefer is doing another raffle on his web site. You buy a "seat" once all sold he does a live stream on youtube using random number gen. https://savagereefers.com/collections/coral-movies-prizes-more yall take a chance at some amazing RFAs

20200325_081824.jpg

• Like 7
NoOneLikesADryTang

The biggest downfall of the AI lights (the last generation - the new ones are Bluetooth only) was the WiFi connectivity. You literally have to be within 20-30 feet of the router for it to connect. You may have to take your light to your IT guys, and sweet talk them in to letting you connect and set it up next to the router. Once it’s programmed, it will run the program without having to be connected to WiFi, you just won’t be able to easily make changes. 

I love the AI lights, but they sure didn’t make them very user friendly, if you’re using them in a large house (or in your case building).  

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
47 minutes ago, GtownSalty said:

@debbeach13 I did get the dimensions thank you! @banasophia  gave great measurements. I need to take it back home and add some ventilation and do a few things before pictures but I love it.

I am seeing some marks on my damsel, that I think is from the torch, he loves to rub all in it. I do feel like all is complete with RFA's and my couple other coral. I might work on expanding getting the zoa to spread out more down the branch.Also look who finally popped his head out that was in the back chamber so I literally took everything out and got him back in the display.

Here is shot from the end of the tank I think this might be my favorite view I rarely see. I am so ADHD lol I feel like I need to rearrange but can not decide how. Right now the upkeep has been so easy about a 1 gallon water change weekly and feeding what might be considered heavy I feel like everything appreciates it though. The ATO has made this 100% more enjoyable. I did pick up a prime for 120 bucks WOOT. And love the way it looks, I am having problems with it connecting to wifi but I am able to do everything on it's broadcasted network just fine.  There is a learning curve to them for sure hoping I do not fry any corals learning. 

I hope everyone is doing well during these crazy times. Working in health care is very scary right now, between protecting myself , my family and my patients it is all soooo much. I will say staring at my tank is huge help throughout the day.

Also Savage Reefer is doing another raffle on his web site. You buy a "seat" once all sold he does a live stream on youtube using random number gen. https://savagereefers.com/collections/coral-movies-prizes-more yall take a chance at some amazing RFAs

20200325_081824.jpg

Looks good in there!

On 3/25/2020 at 7:40 AM, GtownSalty said:

20200325_081824.jpg

tank is looking good!

question how do you know how many seats are on the RFA movie? he has 7 "movies" up right now? all tho they all look the same maybe he combines them until one is full?

guess I should ask hem on FB and not bug you about it.

On 3/26/2020 at 1:05 PM, devaji108 said:

tank is looking good!

question how do you know how many seats are on the RFA movie? he has 7 "movies" up right now? all tho they all look the same maybe he combines them until one is full?

guess I should ask hem on FB and not bug you about it.

I am so sorry I missed this post. I have been home sick and feeling sorry for myself.... I cought a possible cold, but because I had a fever I had to stay away from my office. We have patients who are seriously immunocompromised and with the pandemic you can't be to cautious. Even those of us in healthcare can't just get tested. 

I hope you got your answer @devaji108. I had not seen my tank in 5 days. I went up to office last night and everything is doing well. I did a fairly large water change, shortened the light cycle (there are fluorescents in the room) and feed everyone. No one had been given any instruction so this was a surprise test LOL. The tank passed with flying colors. It was pretty dirty I think I might need more cuc but every one was haapy to see me the feeding person. I really miss being at work and my staff. 

The sad part is when I go into the office later this week, it will be to tell everyone we have to cut hours and use PTO.  Ugh this whole pandemic SUCKS.  Y'all keep your heads up we will get through it.

On 4/1/2020 at 5:54 AM, GtownSalty said:

I am so sorry I missed this post. I have been home sick and feeling sorry for myself.... I cought a possible cold, but because I had a fever I had to stay away from my office. We have patients who are seriously immunocompromised and with the pandemic you can't be to cautious. Even those of us in healthcare can't just get tested. 

I hope you got your answer @devaji108. I had not seen my tank in 5 days. I went up to office last night and everything is doing well. I did a fairly large water change, shortened the light cycle (there are fluorescents in the room) and feed everyone. No one had been given any instruction so this was a surprise test LOL. The tank passed with flying colors. It was pretty dirty I think I might need more cuc but every one was haapy to see me the feeding person. I really miss being at work and my staff. 

The sad part is when I go into the office later this week, it will be to tell everyone we have to cut hours and use PTO.  Ugh this whole pandemic SUCKS.  Y'all keep your heads up we will get through it.

oh no get batter soon. I did not get an answer I FB messaged him but no response. oh well no biggie 

14 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

oh no get batter soon. I did not get an answer I FB messaged him but no response. oh well no biggie 

Oh shoot I am so sorry he normally answers. There is a torch movie going on right now I would love to buy you a seat! Seats 5,6 8,10, and 11 are open right now if you would like a gold torch @devaji108tell me your top two seats and i will get which ever is available. Just message me! Here is a screen shot of the torchScreenshot_20200402-211230_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6485acda1c96b6b3017fba603abe76f0.jpg

• Wow 1
NoOneLikesADryTang
1 hour ago, devaji108 said:

He regularly gets put in timeout on Facebook. You can message him on his website, or email him at savage.reef@yahoo.com

He's usually really quick to get back to you on questions or issues. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, GtownSalty said:

Oh shoot I am so sorry he normally answers. There is a torch movie going on right now I would love to buy you a seat! Seats 5,6 8,10, and 11 are open right now if you would like a gold torch @devaji108tell me your top two seats and i will get which ever is available. Just message me! Here is a screen shot of the torchScreenshot_20200402-211230_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6485acda1c96b6b3017fba603abe76f0.jpg

OMG WOW that is so kind of you!

Well a quick trip to work today and boy do I miss this tank. While I was gone the pistol shrimp and the watchmen found each other and seem very happy. All flowers look GREAT, heck everything looks good i did lower the light cycle last time I was here and the algae on the glass was for sure less this time. There was a hermit casualty though and this rock flower is seems to not be letting go. I am glad this little tank is holding it's own without much from me at all. I hope these shots will work for my Apsil shots. I will get back up here in another week and take a few more.

20200405_124149.jpg

20200405_125636.jpg

20200405_125810.jpg

• Like 2

nice to see the tank cursing along on autopilot! looks great.

dont forget to fill the ATO...I filled mine yesterday 9 gallon of fresh RODO that will last me a week or two! 

• Like 1

I do not have an auto feeder. I am feeding it just once per week right now. I would think it would like more, but that is all for now. My auto top off is only a 2 gallon jug. But once I put that solid top on it hardly uses any.

I can say the flower are moving a fair amount finding their homes. 

• Like 3

Y'ALL I miss and love this tank so much. I thought Mr. Crabby had gone to the other side last time as I posted that pic of the RFA having him as a snack. Nope no sir that was very convincing shed. He is still here doing well. Again everything is doing well. I have zero complaints other than I miss it. I wish I was here more to see it.  There is a bit of harder algae build up that my little bitty flipper is not tuff enough for. I will need to bring up a scraper.The only thing in the tank that looks mildly annoyed are the cloves. They seem to be getting buried by the pistol shrimp. Enjoy a few pictures after I cleaned it up a bit.

20200413_091045.jpg

20200413_081435.jpg

20200413_081308.jpg

• Like 4