ReefCleaners.org

365 day challenge - First timer Flower Power????

GtownSalty

NoOneLikesADryTang
2 hours ago, GtownSalty said:

Feeding has been pretty much the same. My light schedule did change and I Love the light, however I downloaded some settings someone else had. I have not had much luck shortening the light cycle as there are so many changes in it. Maybe I need to find an easier one. 

This morning I see that I am having zoa growth they have spread on the the surrounding rock SO exciting. I also think THINK i see a couple tiny new heads on the goni. 

I am so glad I joined this challenge and are getting to have this community  

It's really easy to change the AI light schedules... You just have to know the tricks! 

To shorten the length of your schedule, on the schedule screen that shows the graph, use two finger on the screen and pinch (left and right) them towards each other until it adjusts to what you want it to be. 

If you want to change the intensity of the light, do the same thing with two fingers, but pinch it up and down to your desired settings.  

GtownSalty
41 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

It's really easy to change the AI light schedules... You just have to know the tricks! 

To shorten the length of your schedule, on the schedule screen that shows the graph, use two finger on the screen and pinch (left and right) them towards each other until it adjusts to what you want it to be. 

If you want to change the intensity of the light, do the same thing with two fingers, but pinch it up and down to your desired settings.  

I had no idea about that it seems to work for intensity but not length. I had loaded the pirates settings I wonder if because of all the ups and downs it is the problem.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
GtownSalty

Y'all I can not get rid of this stuff it is every where I have been doing 2 water changes a week just sucking up this stuff with no luck! Everything but the goni an cloves seems to be ok the torches and as extended as they normally are but are still ok. I have done all I know to do HELP me please. I am willing to try anything. I do not know how well it shows u p in pictures. I even have now added one of those new Dr. Tims waste away gel packs. Do I just need to be more patient? 

20200603_085730.jpg

20200603_085714 (1).jpg

• Like 1

Hard to tell from the pics but Is it dinos? If so, I’ve read water changes are the last thing you need to be doing. 

Do you know what your parameters are? Nitrates? Phosphates? 

I had the same stuff. I had to do a big water change then pull the rocks & scrub them  in the old water. it helps for months but now it's slowly coming back.

I have used red slim remover  on other tanks in the past with great results. I think my NO3 and Po4 are low as I dont really feed the tank much at all.

anyway next time you do a W/C try taking your "fish tank" tooth brush and not the hubbies( unless you are mad it him ) and give the rocks a scrub worked very weel for me.

I also dose vibrant too,  helped with the GHA i had a while back.  but not sure on the this stuff. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I am here but barelyI lost my two biggest cheerleaders with in 1 week of each other. I will be absent for a while. I also am not able to get any time off because I have several employees out and someone has to be there, that someone is me. I am not even sitting at my desk so can't even see my tank all day. The red slime is gone but now have some other algae trying to take over. I am still doing the weekly water changes and this week will scrub the rocks to try to combat it some. I hope everyone is well and the tanks are great. I will try to update a picture maybe after the water change this week.

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So, i also recently purchased this tank and just wanted to throw in that i did put 3 little holes in my return hose to help move the water around for heating and my Temp has been really stable,    BUT my heater is also overkill and suprisingly fits in that back chamber lol.   " Finnex 150W heater, with electronic temp control & Guard "   i'm also having the same issue you were having where i hate the color of the stock light its so bland, being canadian im having a real hard time to find a cheap light strip just for a nice color pop... 😞

• Like 1