Pod Your Reef

365 day challenge - First timer Flower Power????

GtownSalty

On 4/13/2020 at 11:00 AM, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I love the top down shot of your tank! 

Thank you ! It looks like there is but a few RFAs when really there are 30! Which has stopped me from buying them for home aquariums as they are a 125 and a 90. I could put hundreds in those and it not look they are even there.

4 hours ago, GtownSalty said:

Thank you ! It looks like there is but a few RFAs when really there are 30! Which has stopped me from buying them for home aquariums as they are a 125 and a 90. I could put hundreds in those and it not look they are even there.

I hear ya - I have something like 70-80 adults in my 45 and it still looks empty. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

FIRST I AM IN THE OFFICE!!!!

Second man I miss this tank and y'all!

So some updates this tank does just fine without me. That being said I don't know that is is flourishing, everything looks good and nothing seems stressed. But I am not seeing alot of growth. I was hoping to see some baby zoes by now. I know I do not have much in here to gage good growth by really lol now that I think about it. My banded coral shrimp did molt again so that is good. I hate to feed more because it is so small. 

What would be the first thing you would change to see more growth? 

How is everyone else doing? I am going to catch up on everyones tanks. I hope everyone is safe and healthy. I will flood the post with picture this week cause I AM IN THE OFFICE. Did I mention I was excited about it!

I just did the water change so there is still some RFAs with some sand on them.

20200427_111550 - Copy.jpg

20200427_111908.jpg

20200427_111844 - Copy.jpg

• Like 5

So happy for you. The tank looks so good. I am not seeing much growth either. Starting to think that maybe the stock light doesn't promote much growth. What is your light cycle? I know you have added light strips are they mostly for viewing?  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

So happy for you. The tank looks so good. I am not seeing much growth either. Starting to think that maybe the stock light doesn't promote much growth. What is your light cycle? I know you have added light strips are they mostly for viewing?  

I went crazy and bought an older AI Prime that I am not sure how to use lol.

Thank you these two torches are very first torch I won both of them. I am not about to get colors very well, but one is an Aussie Gold and the other is a Joker...

20200427_124131.jpg

20200427_124147.jpg

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Wait you won them. A contest or an auction! They both look nice. Good luck with them.

In a raffle! This tank should really be called Winnings, the only coral purchased in this tank are the goni, zoas, cloves and a couple rfs's. I won everything else in the tank minus the fish and cuc and shrimp.

Editing because the hammer came from home tank and was also purchased.

• Like 2

Well this morning I came into this...... I do not think they are just holding hands

So do I let it be or do I find that hammer a new home or move the torch.....................

Also gosh these pictures sure look better on my phone

20200428_094615.jpg

20200428_094622.jpg

• Wow 2
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

I would move the Hammer myself 

That is my first thought too. I put it down on the other point near the zoas, but I am thinking it will look very good there. Guess I will do it and see how it looks

6 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Now you need a Hammer garden to mirror your torch garden 😁

Oh my gosh yes! Wonder where I can get a yellow hammer is that even a thing I googled it is a thing, but not in my budget right now.

• Haha 1

Your tank looks great! I’m really loving your coral selection and RFAs. Definitely good to separate the torches from other euphilia like you did, and your torches look really happy. Other euphilia can touch each other but usually not torches, which can have a more powerful sting and they do not play too nicely with others. 

Also, you sure are lucky... have you ever bought a lottery ticket? 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

well, if you guys know me, you probably know that my big thing is that I have stock lights on my Biocubes... I’m going to try to keep stock lights on the Evo for a while as well, to see how it works out... one thing is I think people may sometimes give up on their stock lights too soon when they aren’t seeing much growth in the beginning, but it could be they just didn’t wait long enough for the tank to mature a bit and for parameters to really stabilize and the ecosystem to develop... 

the downside to these lights for me, though, is that they don’t seem to photograph as well, but I think that could just be that I need to adapt my photography to the tank better

• Like 2