inTank Media Baskets

365 day challenge - First timer Flower Power????

GtownSalty

I find excuses to go my office on the weekends just to see my little tank for a few minutes. I "forgot" my jug of rodi for my top on Friday. I guess that means I have to go by today! I just love this little tank. I think i have really found a great balance of cuc and fish. I love how active the silly domino damsel is. Watching the flowers get happy is so much fun. 

I also have a 32 biocube at home and I feel the same about it. And then there is my 125 I just can't get right..... oh this hobby. Full tank shot this week.

• Like 3

Had to believe there are 16 flowers in there. They are really starting to look pretty darn happy, I am excited to add 8 more.Any ideas on what I might put on that tallest rock. I feel like it needs more that a hammer sitting on top lol.

20200316_095050.jpg

20200316_094954.jpg

20200316_095101.jpg

• Like 4
NoOneLikesADryTang

I'd probably want to do something that moves a fair amount in the flow (which I'm assuming is where you were going with the hammer). Maybe a torch, or even some leathers move nicely in flow. 

14 hours ago, devaji108 said:

yup tank is looking great.

Thank you

does anyone know what the stringy stuff above the rock flower is? poo?

20200317_090424.jpg

Well hmmmmm. I need some tools for this tank so I can keep my hands out! Also I have a pistol shrimp in here that had a yellow watchman buddy who has straight up disappeared! I feel like I am going to find him dried up and crusty in 6 months. I literally took out the in tank basket looked back there picked up the 2 rocks nothing!I have looked all the floor my desk nothing!he was small in hopes he could hang out here for bit then I would move him to my tank at home..... 

Have you ever looked at you tank and felt like something was missing.. kind like when you taste your homemade spaghetti sauce and it needs a pinch of something! This tanks need a pinch of something........

22 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Even moving the rocks he could be in there. Maybe in the rock. 

I picked them both up and nothing. I did a pretty good look around but maybe he is a master hider. Who knows in a week or two he might pop up!

• Like 1

Ok guys I know these little flowers don't care to much about light, but I do. I want a better look when I have blues on. I know there are high end Primes and Kessils, but do I really have to spend a couple hundred dollars for that look? 

1 hour ago, GtownSalty said:

Y'all RJ @savagereefers out did himself on my last package! I even added a last minute added a torch pictures when it is happy!

20200318_133017.jpg

20200318_133025.jpg

20200318_133045.jpg

OH heck yeah! how many did you get from him? I want to add some new life to my tank SOOOO bad, 

4 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

OH heck yeah! how many did you get from him? I want to add some new life to my tank SOOOO bad, 

8 I won in raffle plus a couple freebies he graciously sent!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GtownSalty said:

8 I won in raffle plus a couple freebies he graciously sent!

is that the 2nd raffle you won with this tank? one at your LFS and now this one? if so you need to start playing the lotto like real fast. lol

Great looking flowers! Love it!

3 hours ago, GtownSalty said:

I want a better look when I have blues on. I know there are high end Primes and Kessils, but do I really have to spend a couple hundred dollars for that look? 

What do you mean - you just want a deeper more intense blue? 

1 minute ago, SeaFurn said:

What do you mean - you just want a deeper more intense blue? 

I think so. The colors are ok just not great. I was thinking maybe the redsea reef led 50? Or maybe pick up a prime used? I know I do not particularly want to spend a couple hundred dollars on a light. I do however have all these amazing creatures and.want them to their best.

You couldn’t go wrong with a used Prime. The Red Sea lights are so new I haven’t read much about them but I think they seem nice. I think @Dirté Sanchez is using one and may be able to comment.

I use a Kessil A80 for just the blues at night on my RFA tank. It’s the least expensive of the Kessil line and would work on your tank. The one drawback may be that it requires a separate controller if you want to control it by something other than the knobs on the fixture. If you can find one used that might be a good option too. 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, SeaFurn said:

You couldn’t go wrong with a used Prime. The Red Sea lights are so new I haven’t read much about them but I think they seem nice. I think @Dirté Sanchez is using one and may be able to comment.

I use a Kessil A80 for just the blues at night on my RFA tank. It’s the least expensive of the Kessil line and would work on your tank. The one drawback may be that it requires a separate controller if you want to control it by something other than the knobs on the fixture. If you can find one used that might be a good option too. 

I actually both the RedSea 50 over the Evo and the RedSea 90 over the SCA 50g. I like them especially for their wireless controllability. @spectra has RedSea 90s over his big tank, too. He coerced me into getting mine.

• Like 2

The Red Sea ones can run really blue if you want............I run mine on the 20K setting now...........plus have 4 blue plus T5s involved in the situation..............

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
33 minutes ago, spectra said:

The Red Sea ones can run really blue if you want............I run mine on the 20K setting now...........plus have 4 blue plus T5s involved in the situation..............

That's too much blue. I have both tanks running on 23K but with quite a bit of white mixed in so I can actually see stuff.

2 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I actually both the RedSea 50 over the Evo and the RedSea 90 over the SCA 50g. I like them especially for their wireless controllability. @spectra has RedSea 90s over his big tank, too. He coerced me into getting mine.

Thank you, where did you mount the 50 evo? Do you have pics @Dirté Sanchez