inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy

This guy is extra salty
3 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Finally seeing some diatoms on the glass.  What a relief because I had no idea what my Hawaiian CUC would be eating when they arrive next week.  Also, what the heck am I going to do with 20-55g worth of CUC?  omgomgomg

And decision time: 

A. 1 pom-pom crab + 2 sexy shrimp

B. 2 pom-pom crabs + 1 sexy shrimp

C. 2 pom-pom crabs + 2 sexy shrimp

Still on the fence about adding a fish as well.  I've been looking for tiny tiny fish whenever I go to any LFS, but not much luck yet.

I have been looking for a tiny goby...

no luck

D1638573-2925-4438-9D79-E28672B82959.jpeg

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, lizzyann said:

Why do you prefer local vs shipped? Not pushing you, you've got a lot more experience than me so I'm genuinely curious! I got mine from the LiveAquaria Diver's Den so it was nice to be able to see what I was getting and they have them in there pretty often.

I just like to see things with my own eyes (and being cheap on shipping costs) but definitely not opposed to ordering online.  It'll probably come to that.  

1 hour ago, NaturallyKait said:

Love the Pico, and love that coral poster. I just started a tank for one of my kiddos too and I bet he would love the poster, I may have to look for one for him. 

Thanks!  It's a nice poster, and on sale right now at Polyplab ($9.99).

• Like 3
Snow_Phoenix
14 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I just like to see things with my own eyes (and being cheap on shipping costs) but definitely not opposed to ordering online.  It'll probably come to that.  

^Me too. I noticed pics online (especially coral pics) won't necessarily look the same once you get a frag and put it in your own tank. Plus, seeing something firsthand - you can usually see how sick/healthy something is before buying it. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Yaaaassss!

Probably out of clear p95(matte)

Is your entire home made out of acrylic?  Like an acrylic dining table, chairs, couch, bed.  Sounds very uncomfortable.

• Haha 5
This guy is extra salty
4 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Is your entire home made out of acrylic?  Like an acrylic dining table, chairs, couch, bed.  Sounds very uncomfortable.

I could lol

I have two nightstands, I just finished.

Its just a poster for wall lol

• Haha 3

Holy crap tigah is back, your mentos pico es a huge inspiration for me and now after 8 years I am getting back in and after all this time I come back here in time to see your next great adventure, good luck.

• Thanks 1

Hey @pheallox!  Good to hear from you!  And glad to hear you are getting back in as well.  I've been out for like 10 years before I jumped back in for this pico contest.  I'm working on setting up a main tank too, but nothing firm yet. 

1 minute ago, vlangel said:

I love how you put the red macro algae shooting out of the volcano.  That is brilliant!

Thanks!  I turned on the bubbler last night (shown in the night shot above) and the macro stays in place.  So best of both worlds!  

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Ruh roh.  Found the smaller RFA (the one that moved to the back of the Tiki Lounge) shriveled up and face down in the sand.  I moved it onto a rock, turned off the powerhead and prayed to the reef gods.  But not looking good for the little guy.  😟 

Paging Dr. @SeaFurn.

• Sad 4
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Ruh roh.  Found the smaller RFA (the one that moved to the back of the Tiki Lounge) shriveled up and face down in the sand.  I moved it onto a rock, turned off the powerhead and prayed to the reef gods.  But not looking good for the little guy.  😟

do you think he was sucked in the powerhead and spit back out?

29 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

face down in the sand

That's never good.  Try keeping it in a low flow area for awhile.

20 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

do you think he was sucked in the powerhead and spit back out?

I don't think so. The ph is really far away and he was facedown near the rock he was on last night. A portion of his tentacles looks a little messed up (like maybe torn) but could just part of his overall decline?  Not sure tho.  First time keeping RFAs for me so this is all new.  I presume I need to monitor closely and take him out if he looks too far gone to avoid contaminating the rest of the tank.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, seabass said:

That's never good.  Try keeping it in a low flow area for awhile.

Yeah.  He's in a low flow area now and I'll keep the ph off for awhile.  

I would prob take him out now, so he doesn't get the other rfa sick.  You could prolly keep it in a jar or something like that. Things happen real quick in a 2 gal, 

And do a water change just incase. 

Hmm...I wonder what could have happened! They looked so healthy, then to have something happen overnight light that...I hope it pulls through! 

• Like 1

Face down doesn’t sound good but was it attached face down?

Can you get it to attach face up with the ph off? 

The major thing to look for is if it starts churning it’s insides out of its mouth...or if the tentacles seem to be dissolving (you’lol know it when you see it - trust me on that) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico