Cultivated Reef

Tigahboy

9 hours ago, yoshii said:

Lol the volcano sign actually points to a volcano!

I bought the Tiki Lounge first, and when I saw the volcano directional sign, I started looking for a volcano.  And now here we are.  🙂

Update on the RFA migration: I accidentally knocked the Tiki Lounge last night and now BOTH RFAs are on the move.  🤦‍♂️😭

• Haha 5
Just now, debbeach13 said:

Between your tank and seabass I have an urge to go to Petco or Petsmart and get some decorations. 

Do it!

• Like 1

So a few on my RFAs just like to “take a spin” so to speak. 

They start moving one day and then end up back where they started a few days later. Hopefully yours do too.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

So a few on my RFAs just like to “take a spin” so to speak. 

They start moving one day and then end up back where they started a few days later. Hopefully yours do too.

Good to know.  I'm hoping for that because based on their trajectory right now, they are headed towards the BACK of the Tiki Lounge.  I'm gonna have zero visible RFAs soon.   😢

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Good to know.  I'm hoping for that because based on their trajectory right now, they are headed towards the BACK of the Tiki Lounge.  I'm gonna have zero visible RFAs soon.   😢

I guess you’ll just need to get a few more then!! Ups your chances keeping them visible. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

I guess you’ll just need to get a few more then!! Ups your chances keeping them visible. 😂

Me rn:

2zxr1e.jpg.0fb824f8902cd1dbc8707de634f370d5.jpg

• Haha 8

Got this cute coral poster for my son from Polyplab.  He correctly identified the zoas in our tank.  #prouddad

IMG_20190501_191809_364.thumb.jpg.2876aed377e9638e8fd62ba3290ad68f.jpg

• Like 12

After reading @Wonderboy's thread update about his ingenious undergravel fuge trick, I realized I had inadvertently done a trick myself.  I have a volcano fuge!  🙌

• Haha 3

Status update on the RFA migration.  

IMG_20190501_200631_239.thumb.jpg.01821f611e0b219572b0df0d5a04b017.jpg

1 in front, 1 in back.  Please don't move anymore, you rascally nems!

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
This guy is extra salty
19 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Got this cute coral poster for my son from Polyplab.  He correctly identified the zoas in our tank.  #prouddad

IMG_20190501_191809_364.thumb.jpg.2876aed377e9638e8fd62ba3290ad68f.jpg

I want to make one now...

• Like 3

Finally seeing some diatoms on the glass.  What a relief because I had no idea what my Hawaiian CUC would be eating when they arrive next week.  Also, what the heck am I going to do with 20-55g worth of CUC?  omgomgomg

And decision time: 

A. 1 pom-pom crab + 2 sexy shrimp

B. 2 pom-pom crabs + 1 sexy shrimp

C. 2 pom-pom crabs + 2 sexy shrimp

Still on the fence about adding a fish as well.  I've been looking for tiny tiny fish whenever I go to any LFS, but not much luck yet.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Finally seeing some diatoms on the glass.  What a relief because I had no idea what my Hawaiian CUC would be eating when they arrive next week.  Also, what the heck am I going to do with 20-55g worth of CUC?  omgomgomg

And decision time: 

A. 1 pom-pom crab + 2 sexy shrimp

B. 2 pom-pom crabs + 1 sexy shrimp

C. 2 pom-pom crabs + 2 sexy shrimp

Still on the fence about adding a fish as well.  I've been looking for tiny tiny fish whenever I go to any LFS, but not much luck yet.

I know nothing about those inverts. I'd say 1 pom pom and three sexy, personally...lol...

And I'm having trouble finding a pico sized fish as well. If I can find a baby clown, I may put it in the pico for a few months, then transfer to the 7 gallon till it grows up and is ready for something  bigger. Glad you FINALLY have some diatoms..lol...are you gonna stash all that CUC in the Pico till you can offload it? :scarry:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I know nothing about those inverts. I'd say 1 pom pom and three sexy, personally...lol...

And I'm having trouble finding a pico sized fish as well. If I can find a baby clown, I may put it in the pico for a few months, then transfer to the 7 gallon till it grows up and is ready for something  bigger. Glad you FINALLY have some diatoms..lol...are you gonna stash all that CUC in the Pico till you can offload it? :scarry:

I bought a heater for the CUC so I can put them in a separate container for the time being.  I have 2 extra HOBs and my original no-name powerhead lying around.  Maybe I'll just set up a janky 2.5g tank for those guys.  LOL.  

• Like 1

I vote for one pom pom and extra sexies, just because the pom pom crabs are SO special. Hold out for one with both its anemones and a really cool pattern on its back. That said they hide a lot so maybe two will give you a better chance of seeing them. Sounds like sometimes they fight each other to the death, and sometimes they are totally fine and even share anemones if one loses theirs. 🤷‍♀️

annnnnd mainly just commenting to show off my baby, Maraschino 😝:

pompom.thumb.jpg.9f69f85fe68e4caea68917834b98bf3e.jpg

IMG_20181117_234742.thumb.jpg.e0a378a2ef9fdfc7c51db38561d190f9.jpg

• Like 9

@lizzyann super cool pom pom!   Thanks for sharing!  I do like the idea of having 1 pom pom as the star and the sexies as the supporting cast. 

I'm also trying hard to find a nice pom pom with both nems locally, but haven't had any luck yet.  I do see sexies more readily available tho.  

• Like 4
fishfreak0114

I vote for one Pom Pom and three sexies. That’s the combo I bought and it seems like a nice balance. The crab is bigger and special, and a cluster of three shrimp looks nice. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

I vote for one Pom Pom and three sexies. That’s the combo I bought and it seems like a nice balance. The crab is bigger and special, and a cluster of three shrimp looks nice. 

I like how you and @MetaTank added an option D to the multiple choice question.  I'm leaning towards 2 or 3 sexies and 1 pom pom now. 

Just gotta find them.  I just left another LFS and they didn't have either.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why do you prefer local vs shipped? Not pushing you, you've got a lot more experience than me so I'm genuinely curious! I got mine from the LiveAquaria Diver's Den so it was nice to be able to see what I was getting and they have them in there pretty often.

NaturallyKait

Love the Pico, and love that coral poster. I just started a tank for one of my kiddos too and I bet he would love the poster, I may have to look for one for him. 

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
3 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Out of acrylic??

Yaaaassss!

Probably out of clear p95(matte)

• Wow 2
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico