SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy

On 5/3/2019 at 12:30 AM, Tigahboy said:

Is your entire home made out of acrylic?  Like an acrylic dining table, chairs, couch, bed.  Sounds very uncomfortable.

Ive seen people slice anemone with razors and they are fine afterwards. Maybe cut off dead or dying tissue and dip it afterwards ? again im no expert  

14 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Face down doesn’t sound good but was it attached face down?

Can you get it to attach face up with the ph off? 

The major thing to look for is if it starts churning it’s insides out of its mouth...or if the tentacles seem to be dissolving (you’lol know it when you see it - trust me on that) 

Face down not attached to anything.  Looks like it's attached to the rock now after having the circulation turned off.  Debating whether to take it out now or later. 

21 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

do you still have all those micro powerheads? you can prolly set up a quick quarantine tank?

Yeah I have extra stuff to set up a separate tank (just not tank).  I was actually looking for a 2.5g janky tank but couldn't find any locally.  Hard to find. 

3 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Ive seen people slice anemone with razors and they are fine afterwards. Maybe cut off dead or dying tissue and dip it afterwards ? again im no expert  

Yeah I used to slice my maxi minis, but don't think this RFA would survive that.  

4 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:
26 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

do you still have all those micro powerheads? you can prolly set up a quick quarantine tank?

Yeah I have extra stuff to set up a separate tank (just not tank).  I was actually looking for a 2.5g janky tank but couldn't find any locally.  Hard to find. 

Jank trip! petco, petsmart, local lfs?

5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:
8 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Yeah I used to slice my maxi minis, but don't think this RFA would survive that

Tough call, I think I wouldve save more corals fragging them, but I always feel like they will pull through and dont. Hate it when that happens.

• Like 1

I’d leave it in unless the tentacles are dissolving. 

It doesn’t sound good if it was face down and not attached. 

However it’s tentacles didn’t seem all that shriveled and their mouths can gape like that.

Ive had a couple that were problematic getting them to stay attached. 

Keep us posted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Yeah I used to slice my maxi minis, but don't think this RFA would survive that.  

Yeah that doesn’t work with RFAs. 

Noticed the sick RFA moving a lot. Took a quick time-lapse.  He actually seems a little better now.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

Good video. I’m less worried about it now.  

It’s clearly not inflating it’s tentacles in that one section but it may. Was it like that when you got it? 

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

I have never had an RFA but I think it looks better.

Yeah he efinitely looks much better than this morning.  He was a hot mess!

1 hour ago, SeaFurn said:

Good video. I’m less worried about it now.  

It’s clearly not inflating it’s tentacles in that one section but it may. Was it like that when you got it? 

No, I don't think the tentacles were deflated when I got it.  It's been exactly a week now since I added the RFAs to the tank. 

The sick/weak RFA didn't make it.  😢 Just came home to find it basically melted.  Removed and did a big water change.

• Sad 7
58 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

The sick/weak RFA didn't make it.  😢 Just came home to find it basically melted.  Removed and did a big water change.

I feel for you, I hope your other one makes it. right now one of my Ricordea Yuma has been all shriveled up for 2 days now, it’s been in the tank for 5 years or so now I’m not sure what to do.

• Sad 2

So a bit of a crazy RFA weekend. 

Was looking closely at the larger RFA last night because I was clumsy and accidentally ripped away a piece of rock rubble from it's grip (🤦‍♂️), but saw a tiny tiny nem at the base of the RFA.  Then it disappeared.

But just looked again and found it up towards the top of the Tiki Lounge!  Looks like a baby RFA! 

IMG_20190505_163818_952.thumb.jpg.e71d853f0892c8266d4928d823002ff7.jpg

Death and life in one stroke.  True circle of life.

• Like 7
  • Wow 4
1 hour ago, ef4life said:

I feel for you, I hope your other one makes it. right now one of my Ricordea Yuma has been all shriveled up for 2 days now, it’s been in the tank for 5 years or so now I’m not sure what to do.

Wow. 5 years.  That's a major bummer.  Hopefully it pulls through. 

On 5/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, Tigahboy said:

Noticed the sick RFA moving a lot. Took a quick time-lapse.  He actually seems a little better now.  🤷‍♂️

Looking good! definitely adding some RFAs to my next tank. ordering online since the LFS wants' 60+ for tiny baby RFAs.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
This guy is extra salty

Very nice and sucks about the RFA

I go by a very strict guideline for anemones, never mess with them when they’re in the tank otherwise you’ll regret it.

Ole lady wanted to move this one out the pot it loved..E8C111F7-CD5C-440E-8353-F982476439CE.thumb.jpeg.e87e2b714b278c4d4ca57be2696c83ea.jpeg864AB4BB-4E2D-4FDD-8152-3ADBB007AE57.thumb.jpeg.23dd5b4a8abbaa6f74ea256910435fb5.jpeg

got chewed up by powerhead day or so later..

• Sad 2
9 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Sorry to hear about the rfa..That happened really fast. At least you have the baby now so not a total loss. 

Thanks. Yeah, the baby is pretty cool.  Looking forward to seeing how it turns out when it grows.  

• Like 2

Dang I was hoping it would pull through! At least you got a baby out of it! 

• Like 1
Lostandfound

So sorry to hear about the RFA, beautiful piece to loose. Excited to see that baby grow. I have had mushrooms do the same, corals death left behind new life.

In my second tank I completely fractured a small frag of gonaporia/flower pots on accident and watched them die off to an algea covered skeletal remain. Last week (5 months later) I have gotten 3 heads growing back from the remains. 

Hoping good things will come of your baby rfa

IMG_20190505_075448.jpg

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Lostandfound said:

So sorry to hear about the RFA, beautiful piece to loose. Excited to see that baby grow. I have had mushrooms do the same, corals death left behind new life.

In my second tank I completely fractured a small frag of gonaporia/flower pots on accident and watched them die off to an algea covered skeletal remain. Last week (5 months later) I have gotten 3 heads growing back from the remains. 

Hoping good things will come of your baby rfa

That's awesome your goni is coming back from the dead!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this baby RFA grow up into an upstanding reef citizen.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

IMG_20190506_085125_270.jpg

When is the cuc arriving? Hopefully those Hawaiian bristle worms are hungry 😋 

• Like 1
Just now, MetaTank said:

When is the cuc arriving? Hopefully those Hawaiian bristle worms are hungry 😋 

Lol.  My Hawaiian CUC arrives on Wednesday.  Vacation's over for those guys.  They'll have to put in long hours.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Lol.  My Hawaiian CUC arrives on Wednesday.  Vacation's over for those guys.  They'll have to put in long hours.  

They’re flyin to the mainland to feast on an AYCE diatom buffet...sounds like a pretty good life for a worm to me 😂 

• Haha 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico