Jump to content
Tigahboy

Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico

Recommended Posts

kimberbee
On 11/10/2019 at 10:42 PM, Tigahboy said:

 

 

I love this! Excellent choice of music... my kid was dancing the whole time it was playing. Glad he's a TMBG fan!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

I love this! Excellent choice of music... my kid was dancing the whole time it was playing. Glad he's a TMBG fan!!

I'm glad you and your kid liked it!  I made quite a few of these reef music videos back in the day.  I thought I was going to make one for the volcano pico, but you know, #life got in the way.  

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84

Who remembers  Tigah's experimental surge nano tank?? 😜

Beat me to it, dammitt

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
ReefahBarra84

Let's face it, you're OG. Haha. Everybody knows Tigahboy. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

Pico is completely offline now.  Some final shots of its inhabitants.  Goodbye, pico.  😢

IMG_20191115_062729_527.thumb.jpg.dd91a39dece02f9c2d635d03ed362e53.jpg

 

IMG_20191114_211909_318.thumb.jpg.c2d8f0136f21f8d972d3a26e6a26d7de.jpg

 

IMG_20191114_205441_107.thumb.jpg.4f895ddd3569a24b6fa5d6a4afe60ad8.jpg

 

The end.

IMG_20191108_224349_447.thumb.jpg.4f8d38eaa1c5017b75b8bfbd17426d73.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

We all enjoyed it.  Thanks.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
5 minutes ago, seabass said:

We all enjoyed it.  Thanks.

😊 Thank you for all of your helpful feedback and suggestions along the way.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen
On 11/10/2019 at 11:42 PM, Tigahboy said:

As I was organizing my stuff for the move, I found a very cheesy video I made of my 2.5g custom surge pico that I set up for the very first Nano-Reef.com pico contest 14 years ago!  Sorry for the terrible video quality, but it was 2005.  LOL.  Play with sound!  

 

 

Love the Video, But especially loved the music! It took me back to the days when I use to watch Sha Na Na with my dad, who sadly is no longer with me. So thanks for the morning smile. Also, congratulations and good luck with the new job-I think there are several talented reefers up in the PNW that you can probably connect with. I will miss your little Hawaiian old school pico, but looking forward to your next build.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks

This sure was a fun pico reef! The tank that got @Tigahboy back into the hobby! 🙌

 

Thanks for sharing the journey with us, and congrats on the new job! No doubt the next reef in Seattle will be equally fun to follow along. 
 

I love seeing the old video of the surge pico reef too, that was really something special!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Love the Video, But especially loved the music! It took me back to the days when I use to watch Sha Na Na with my dad, who sadly is no longer with me. So thanks for the morning smile. Also, congratulations and good luck with the new job-I think there are several talented reefers up in the PNW that you can probably connect with. I will miss your little Hawaiian old school pico, but looking forward to your next build.

I'm glad you liked it! And thank you!  Definitely sad seeing this tank come down, but looking forward to setting up something new once I get settled in Seattle.  

 

44 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

This sure was a fun pico reef! The tank that got @Tigahboy back into the hobby! 🙌

 

Thanks for sharing the journey with us, and congrats on the new job! No doubt the next reef in Seattle will be equally fun to follow along. 
 

I love seeing the old video of the surge pico reef too, that was really something special!

Thank you, sir!  And thanks so much for putting on this contest.  Looking forward to the next one. 😄

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

Yay!  Won the Best Use of Color category!  So stoked!  Thanks to everyone who followed along!  Congrats to all the winners and participants!

 

Also my wife was certain I was gonna lose to @William in that category.  😅

  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

Well done indeed. Just got to wait for your next one. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Pjanssen

 

43 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Yay!  Won the Best Use of Color category!  So stoked!  Thanks to everyone who followed along!  Congrats to all the winners and participants!

 

Also my wife was certain I was gonna lose to @William in that category.  😅

Yay! congratulations. I voted for you for best aquascape too. Not sure how an arch beat out a volcano and a luau, but congrats to joevember too.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Congratulations! You will be able to start your new coral collection once the new tank is cycled! Well done.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tempestas

I'm know I'm late to this, but congrats on the win!

 

I'm also sad that this tank had to be taken down and I'm also going to miss it, but I can't wait to see what you cook up in Seattle

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
On 11/19/2019 at 4:07 AM, debbeach13 said:

Congratulations! You will be able to start your new coral collection once the new tank is cycled! Well done.

 

2 hours ago, Tempestas said:

I'm know I'm late to this, but congrats on the win!

 

I'm also sad that this tank had to be taken down and I'm also going to miss it, but I can't wait to see what you cook up in Seattle

Thank you!  Still thinking about what to set up next, but will definitely be back sooner than later.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...