Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy

Lostandfound
18 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I got one extra bristle worm in my order of 6. So totally worth the $$, guys.  But now I'm rethinking whether I want to add them cuz they look gross. Lol.

IMG_20190508_193216_815.thumb.jpg.064dd75a6a7ee7885e1a03e4069ad3ac.jpg 

Nope. Don't like them. I accept them for tank duties enough to not catch all of them. I wouldn't add all 7 though. Bleeeeeeh.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I got one extra bristle worm in my order of 6. So totally worth the $$, guys.  But now I'm rethinking whether I want to add them cuz they look gross. Lol.

I’ll take them lol, I haven’t seen a single Worm in my 40b ever.

17 minutes ago, ef4life said:

I’ll take them lol, I haven’t seen a single Worm in my 40b ever.

Same reason why I got these. Are you in Socal?  You can have some. Lol. 

First of the Hawaiian CUC to go in!  This cute hermit!

IMG_20190508_204726_574.thumb.jpg.0861ed7220096f06d072a16e7be9691a.jpg

I don't know why I'm so excited about a CUC, but I am.  Haha.

I think it may be overkill, but I may post a photo breakdown of what I got after I'm done acclimating everything.

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
This guy is extra salty
25 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

First of the Hawaiian CUC to go in!  This cute hermit!

IMG_20190508_204726_574.thumb.jpg.0861ed7220096f06d072a16e7be9691a.jpg

I don't know why I'm so excited about a CUC, but I am.  Haha.

I think it may be overkill, but I may post a photo breakdown of what I got after I'm done acclimating everything.

Lol you got crabs!

• Haha 2

The Hawaiian CUC is in!  Phew.  That took a lot of work.  LOTS of extras.  Here's the breakdown! 

Nerites and super freakin' cute hermits with chubby claws.  I put 2 of each in the pico (rest in my janky tank).

IMG_20190508_203031_371.thumb.jpg.b3974a8d274fc4faa1b8f83a04a3cfae.jpg

Strombus snails.  I put 2 in the pico.

IMG_20190508_203341_613.thumb.jpg.bb004f20384d37dc82b5c698df9c6ca3.jpg

Trochus snails.  I put 1 in the pico.

IMG_20190508_203655_320.thumb.jpg.7be4e5ab584c84547ff3cb07bb86c4ad.jpg

Micro brittle stars.  I put 5 in the pico.

IMG_20190508_205857_480.thumb.jpg.8b985af335c1ad5e3abb6e89b19611fb.jpg

Tons of Gracilaria parvispora (red ogo).  Probably make a salad with this cuz I don't think it's going to end up in the pico.

IMG_20190508_211244_120.thumb.jpg.2238cf9ff172bb7e858198fd990ee58c.jpg

Not pictured: 7 bristle worms that I have not yet decided what to do with.  🤔  Oh, and the toadstool which is still adjusting to my tank.

Overall, I'm VERY happy with this order.  Would I do it again for a pico tank?  No way.  LOL.  All of this for a pico is just too expensive and too much extra work having to deal with all the extras.  Need to find homes for the rest now.  🤦‍♂️

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Still settling in, but here's the freebie pico-sized toadstool that came with my CUC order.  Perfect for the pico!

IMG_20190508_215026_859.thumb.jpg.6bcbee9ee32fc4428695a91a2006ba81.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow 2
12 hours ago, 748S911 said:

I think Ive been there before when I used to live in SD, was it in smaller gray commercial buildings? 

What LFS isn't in a small gray commercial building? :Lol:

Also, @Tigahboy sorry, toadstools don't occur in Hawaii. Wait. How did they get a toadstool? I thought you couldn't import any coral (even softies) that aren't native.. 🤔 I want a toadstool!

• Wow 1
1 minute ago, yoshii said:

What LFS isn't in a small gray commercial building? :Lol:

Also, @Tigahboy sorry, toadstools don't occur in Hawaii. Wait. How did they get a toadstool? I thought you couldn't import any coral (even softies) that aren't native.. 🤔 I want a toadstool!

Bummer.  You are always the bearer of bad news in my thread.  

• Haha 4
9 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Haha I should just keep my mouth shut and let you enjoy your Hawaiian toadstool 😅

• Haha 6
49 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

lmao!!!

39 minutes ago, yoshii said:

Haha I should just keep my mouth shut and let you enjoy your Hawaiian toadstool 😅

Keep up the good work Yoshi... lmao!!!  Tigahboy has been out of the reef game for a min😂

Yes enjoy that Hawaiian toadstool lol

• Haha 1

Well, it technically came from Hawaii; even if they aren't native to Hawaii.  I'm sure that the mother colony was imported many years/generations ago, and has been propagated numerous times since then.  Plus, their facility pumps in water from the ocean.  I'm sure that it's pretty chill. :wink:

But on a side note.  Leathers can release toxins that may affect other corals.  Usually running activated carbon is advisable to remove these chemicals.

• Like 5

Clean up crews can be shipped priority mail right? just send me 2 of everything too, and dont skimp on the worms... I know when they are cut in half....LMAO 

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Clean up crews can be shipped priority mail right? just send me 2 of everything too, and dont skimp on the worms... I know when they are cut in half....LMAO 

Lol.  I'm assuming they can.  If I can't get rid of these locally, it may come to that (the shipping; not the cutting).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Lol.  I'm assuming they can.  If I can't get rid of these locally, it may come to that (the shipping; not the cutting).

The chubby claws tho...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lostandfound said:

Nope. Don't like them. I accept them for tank duties enough to not catch all of them. I wouldn't add all 7 though. Bleeeeeeh.

I still haven't added any of them.  😬

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Like I said the other day.  Those worms are what the movie Tremors was based on.  You need a Burt Gummer action figure standing at the tiki hut.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
7 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

I still haven't added any of them.  😬

Just try not to touch them.  The bristles can break off in your skin.  Sounds worse than it is, but you still want to avoid it.  That said, I feel they are worth keeping.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Wingy said:

Those worms are what the movie Tremors was based on.

Julie calls them sand worms.

Image result for beetlejuice sandworms

Whoa, Sandworms. Ya hate 'em right? I HATE 'EM MYSELF!

image.jpeg.7d3decabe6a090d8b69ec7b3122b3304.jpeg
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, seabass said:

Just don't touch them with your skin.  The bristles can break off in your skin.  Sounds worse than it is, but you still want to avoid it.  That said, I feel they are worth it.

Duct tape is a good way of removing them, just make sure to pull it directly off, otherwise you push them in further 😷

• Like 1
1 hour ago, seabass said:

Just don't touch them with your skin.  The bristles can break off in your skin.  Sounds worse than it is, but you still want to avoid it.  That said, I feel they are worth it.

Yeah I'm not putting my hands or fingers anywhere near those things.  Gonna suck em out with a turkey baster IF I'm going to add them.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
13 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Well, most of the time you shouldn’t see them, correct? Lol how big are they? Hard to tell scale by the pic

Just now, MetaTank said:

Well, most of the time you shouldn’t see them, correct? Lol how big are they? Hard to tell scale by the pic

Honestly, they are bigger than I had expected.  I thought they were going to be tiny, skinny baby bristle worms, but they ended up pretty chunky.   Probably around 1" or so.    

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico