Coral Vue Hydros

Tigahboy

1 hour ago, 748S911 said:

Ive never had rfa but thinking about it now.... have fun at the movies :haha: You going 3d or reg?

Thanks!  Reg.  I'm old school.  

14 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Thanks!  Reg.  I'm old school.  

same here, bro picked 3d....Its supposed to be better reg

• Like 1

I like the maco, and it makes total sense where you put it.  But I kind of miss the bubbles.  It added a little action, or looked cleaner, I'm not sure.

I'm sort of on the fence about macro vs no macro.  However, either way, it looks great.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, seabass said:

I like the maco, and it makes total sense where you put it.  But I kind of miss the bubbles.  It added a little action, or looked cleaner, I'm not sure.

I'm sort of on the fence about macro vs no macro.  However, either way, it looks great.

The first thing my son said when he saw the macro was "take that down!  You can't do the bubbles."  So he agrees with you.  The bubbles do add a cool effect.  We'll see how it plays out. For now I like the macro where it is tho.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

The first thing my son said when he saw the macro was "take that down!  You can't do the bubbles."  So he agrees with you.  The bubbles do add a cool effect.  We'll see how it plays out. For now I like the macro where it is tho.  

How does it look with bubbles and algae?

1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

How does it look with bubbles and algae?

I suspect the macro will float away since I didn't anchor it down.  But I'll give it a try.

2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Love the tank and can't wait to see it mature. Also so glad to see a OG member back! 

-D

Thanks, Dave!  Super stoked to be back in the hobby.  And thanks again for the sweet sweet light!

23 minutes ago, Wendy said:

I have got to say your tank is looking awesome! You have a very unique theme, you sure are embracing it & showing how engenious you are!

Thank you!  I'm having a lot of fun with this tank and theme.  Looking forward to getting this pico fully stocked and watching it grow.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, ef4life said:

The tank looks awesome, the frosted back and backlighting just pull it all together so well.

Thanks!  I've cycled thru a lot of backlight colors and I always end up back at the aqua blue/green shown above, red, or pink.  Sometimes standard white too.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Took a couple macro shots with my ReefLens.  Pretty good for cell phone camera pics.

IMG_20190429_205332_597.thumb.jpg.c0137b14c353c98bc5ad89b04aa7e1cc.jpg

IMG_20190429_205954_315.thumb.jpg.4278761055f5b37ff0334554189bd6e1.jpg

😦look like a dslr with a dedicated macro lens, that RFA look amazing 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, allesluge said:

😦look like a dslr with a dedicated macro lens, that RFA look amazing 

It's amazing what you can do with cell phones and such now.  Great time to be in the hobby.  :)

One of my RFAs is on the move now.  Who knows where it will end up.  Hoping it will still be viewable when it settles on a spot.  Sad I won't have both in the front side-by-side anymore, but that's #anemonelife.  😢

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Status of the great RFA migration: the smaller of the 2 has moved directly behind the larger one onto the Tiki Lounge (at the base of the palm trees).  Where it will stop, nobody knows. 

IMG_20190430_194905_445.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
31 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Status of the great RFA migration: the smaller of the 2 has moved directly behind the larger one onto the Tiki Lounge (at the base of the palm trees).  Where it will stop, nobody knows. 

IMG_20190430_194905_445.jpg

Under the palm tree must be prime reef estate 😂 

• Haha 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico