Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy

2 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

I saw some bristle worms in the live rock at LAX aquarium about a week ago crawling all about 👀

That's funny cuz that's exactly where I bought my LR.  LOL.  I've been on the lookout for them and haven't seen any, but they could be there hiding really well.  

Just now, Tigahboy said:

That's funny cuz that's exactly where I bought my LR.  LOL.  I've been on the lookout for them and haven't seen any, but they could be there hiding really well.  

It’s possible! I have at least one in my fluval tank and I’ve only since it twice since starting my tank beginning of February.

Just now, pricewayne said:

It’s possible! I have at least one in my fluval tank and I’ve only since it twice since starting my tank beginning of February.

But are they from Hawaii tho.  LOL.  I think I may need some Hawaiian-born bristle worms.   Haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A new page, so a new empty FTS that I took last night.  I used the ReefLens orange filter on my Pixel 2 for the first time and the photo looks very close to what I actually see in person (minus the orange hue on the wall behind the tank).

IMG_20190425_083806_216.thumb.jpg.350246fce1bcaf63cf02add905268a69.jpg

• Like 8
24 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

But are they from Hawaii tho.  LOL.  I think I may need some Hawaiian-born bristle worms.   Haha.

Ok, this is creepy... just got this text from LAX aquarium hahaha CAB5F58D-E0F6-4EA8-8778-01FB88F15F25.thumb.png.3ed4f655478ca4ff48fdd7675e3fd083.png

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, pricewayne said:

I saw some bristle worms in the live rock at LAX aquarium about a week ago crawling all about 👀

I wanna get back out there soon to check them out again. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

@pricewayne Oh wow.  That is creepy.   But if they have tiny pico sized Hawaiian fish, I'm there (but I doubt that).  

Lol I’ll meet you there, after seeing @Snow_Phoenix is adding a couple fish, I’m jelly and want one too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Since @yoshii won't ship me anything from Hawaii, I think I'm going to have to order some stuff from IPSF.com for my pico as well.   It is pretty pricey though since it is being shipped from Hawaii (Kona).  Like 6 baby (0.5-1") bristle worms for $19.99.  😐  As far as I can tell, I have zero bristle worms in my tank and bristle worms from Hawaii would be nice, but $19.99 though??  Hmmm...

And thanks @seabass for the link in @yoshii's thread.   Now I can finally compete with her in the Hawaiian macro department as well.  LOL.

PMed you.  If you give me a good deal, I'll add the following to the title of my thread: "Now featuring This guy is extra salty's ATO reservoir" or something like that.*  

*for a limited period of time.

I don’t need a title 😂 

you can have my bristle worm you just have to grab them with your bare hand and they’ll be free for the taking

• Haha 6
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I don’t need a title 😂 

you can have my bristle worm you just have to grab them with your bare hand and they’ll be free for the taking

You know when you see something just that little bit too late...

• Haha 2

This pico is officially cycled! 

giphy (1).gif

Dosed 2ppm ammonia again yesterday just to be sure and we are good to go.  

Took 19 days to fully cycle.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
23 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

giphy (1).gif

:happydance::happydance:😀:happydance:😀:happydance::happydance:

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

giphy (1).gif

About time!

:haha:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

giphy (1).gif

Whoot!!

• Like 1

I went ahead an placed an order from IPSF.com for my Hawaiian CUC. 

It was pricey, but I'm looking forward to having snails, hermits, and yes, 6 baby bristle worms, from Hawaii (Big Island)!  :happydance:

• Like 7
This guy is extra salty
26 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I went ahead an placed an order from IPSF.com for my Hawaiian CUC. 

It was pricey, but I'm looking forward to having snails, hermits, and yes, 6 baby bristle worms, from Hawaii (Big Island)!  :happydance:

🤣 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Wendy said:

What about macro algae, did you get any & what kind??

I just got the Red macro (Gracilaria parvispora) and rest are an assortment of tiny snails, hermits, and the 6 baby bristle worms.   

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico