Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy

4 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Briarium abestinum? Or was an actual branching variety of gsp dug up? If so I need some XD

It looks like regular GSP to me, but the mat underneath is kinda rigid and curls into a tube to form the branches and vertical.

• Like 1

Yay!  My Hawaiian CUC is in LA and will arrive today!  @William I set up the jank tank just to house the extras temporarily until I can find them homes.  Won't be running for long.  

Screenshot_20190508-063214.thumb.png.2761afafb245fc52d5a2f78144540132.png

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Travis said:

Hmmmmmmm....Sounds interesting.

Ordered a CUC package from IPSF.com.  Various snails, tiny hermits, 3 micro brittle stars, and 6 tiny baby bristle worms all from Kona coast.   

Just like everything else in Hawaii, it was ridiculously expensive.   But hopefully worth it.  LOL.  

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Ordered a CUC package from IPSF.com.  Various snails, tiny hermits, 3 micro brittle stars, and 6 tiny baby bristle worms all from Kona coast.   

Just like everything else in Hawaii, it was ridiculously expensive.   But hopefully worth it.  LOL.  

Lol, my clean up crew consist of one margarita snail and one small hermit crab. lol

I threw in a turbo for a few days, he cleaned house also knocked and moved stuff around he got kicked out.  When rock looks dingy I will throw him back in. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

How much CuC do you have in here?

2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Yay!  My Hawaiian CUC is in LA and will arrive today!  @William I set up the jank tank just to house the extras temporarily until I can find them homes.  Won't be running for long.  

Screenshot_20190508-063214.thumb.png.2761afafb245fc52d5a2f78144540132.png

Ohh, I was really hoping you were setting up a Hawaiian bristle-worm species tank..... 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Lol, my clean up crew consist of one margarita snail and one small hermit crab. lol

2 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

How much CuC do you have in here?

So my CUC package will come with 3 types of snails (3 trochus, 6 turbo, and 6 nerites), 6 micro hermits, 3 brittle stars, and 6 baby bristle worms.

I plan to just add 1 of each type of snail (so 3 total snails), 1 or 2 hermits, all 3 micro brittle stars, and all 6 baby bristle worms.  That's it (tho that's probably still more than I need, but my tank looks pretty dirty rn).  

Just now, William said:

Ohh, I was really hoping you were setting up a Hawaiian bristle-worm species tank..... 

LOL!  Well, it will be a Hawaiian snail and hermit-only tank.   I need the bristle worms in my volcano pico.  

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

I may pick up some more when I go down this weekend. I was looking at Aquatic Warehouse's Yelp page the other day and in one of the random interior photos it looks like they have (I think) an enormous branching GSP colony in one of their display tanks. 

Yep, they do! It's a huge colony. They usually have some frags for sale too. Aquatic Warehouse was probably my favorite LFS when I was in SD. And it's down the street from AquaSD so you can check out both.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, yoshii said:

Yep, they do! It's a huge colony. They usually have some frags for sale too. Aquatic Warehouse was probably my favorite LFS when I was in SD. And it's down the street from AquaSD so you can check out both.

I think Ive been there before when I used to live in SD, was it in smaller gray commercial buildings? 

1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

So my CUC package will come with 3 types of snails (3 trochus, 6 turbo, and 6 nerites), 6 micro hermits, 3 brittle stars, and 6 baby bristle worms.

I plan to just add 1 of each type of snail (so 3 total snails), 1 or 2 hermits, all 3 micro brittle stars, and all 6 baby bristle worms.  That's it (tho that's probably still more than I need, but my tank looks pretty dirty rn).  

LOL!  Well, it will be a Hawaiian snail and hermit-only tank.   I need the bristle worms in my volcano pico.  

Ah makes sense, was trying to work out how grubby your tank was

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your new dragon's breath definitely looks like the real thing. The other looks like plain old gracilaria hayi or something, still pretty but not as cool. Alas, dragon's breath always dies on me straightaway and the other stuff thrives....and dragon's breath is my favorite macro. Go figure. :rolleyes:

If you end up getting sexy shrimp, I've always heard they do best in odd-numbered groups. I would definitely suggest a pom pom, and maybe an anemone shrimp like a Peterson's because they're awesome.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Your new dragon's breath definitely looks like the real thing. The other looks like plain old gracilaria hayi or something, still pretty but not as cool. Alas, dragon's breath always dies on me straightaway and the other stuff thrives....and dragon's breath is my favorite macro. Go figure. :rolleyes:

If you end up getting sexy shrimp, I've always heard they do best in odd-numbered groups. I would definitely suggest a pom pom, and maybe an anemone shrimp like a Peterson's because they're awesome.

I hear a lot of people don't have much luck with the dragon's breath.  So we shall see.  

I am definitely on the lookout for a good pom pom (i.e., with both nems).  Haven't had much luck yet.  Peterson's is a great suggestion!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

It looks like regular GSP to me, but the mat underneath is kinda rigid and curls into a tube to form the branches and vertical.

>_> Hmmm, I might need to find a source for some of this, if it's truly branching and somehow less prone to its' infestation tendencies then it would be an incredible coral. I absolutely love how yours almost looks like a branch from a Pectina, but covered in GSP tentacles.

Just now, Amphrites said:

>_> Hmmm, I might need to find a source for some of this, if it's truly branching and somehow less prone to its' infestation tendencies then it would be an incredible coral. I absolutely love how yours almost looks like a branch from a Pectina, but covered in GSP tentacles.

You should call Aquatic Warehouse in San Diego.  Based on their Yelp photo, they have a huge colony in their display (and yoshii confirmed it).  

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

I've seen branching GSP at our local petco.  I already have too many green corals lol.

Green is a popular color XD I have almost nothing but green come to think of it, I'm surprised how okay with that I am now lol... I should really find some blues or reds... Certainly haven't seen anything local though.

I like green too @Amphrites @Travis, and I'm trying for green heavy with a few red/pink/yellow highlights here and there so it looks kind of like lush green landscape with a few colorful flowers. 

• Like 3

Hawaiian CUC arrived from Kona!!

IMG_20190508_190536_706.thumb.jpg.64cd4cefab0b1f5521113ba6eab2441c.jpg

Pretty excited about this freebie.  Looks like a pico-sized toadstool or a similar coral.

IMG_20190508_190714_057.thumb.jpg.9c5b4b7f4541ae092585d2faa4b2f0bc.jpg

And no idea what's in this plastic wrapped shell.  Kinda scared to open it.  Lol. 

IMG_20190508_190618_925.thumb.jpg.9fd401d384d180421fa49c598d667a3d.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

• Like 6
  • Wow 3

What do I gotta do to get a "freebie"?  I've ordered tons of corals and not once have I've gotten the "freebie" lmao

• Haha 4
WV Reefer
2 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Hawaiian CUC arrived from Kona!!

IMG_20190508_190536_706.thumb.jpg.64cd4cefab0b1f5521113ba6eab2441c.jpg

Pretty excited about this freebie.  Looks like a pico-sized toadstool or a similar coral.

IMG_20190508_190714_057.thumb.jpg.9c5b4b7f4541ae092585d2faa4b2f0bc.jpg

And no idea what's in this plastic wrapped shell.  Kinda scared to open it.  Lol. 

IMG_20190508_190618_925.thumb.jpg.9fd401d384d180421fa49c598d667a3d.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Tiny toadstools are their “go to” freebie...... they sent me two. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

What do I gotta do to get a "freebie"?  I've ordered tons of corals and not once have I've gotten the "freebie" lmao

Lol. This is my first freebie too actually.  

21 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Tiny toadstools are their “go to” freebie...... they sent me two. 

That's awesome.  Do you know if these toadstools are from Hawaii waters as well?  

• Haha 1

I got one extra bristle worm in my order of 6. So totally worth the $$, guys.  But now I'm rethinking whether I want to add them cuz they look gross. Lol.

IMG_20190508_193216_815.thumb.jpg.064dd75a6a7ee7885e1a03e4069ad3ac.jpg 

• Haha 8
  • Wow 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico