SaltCritters.com

Pico Reef Contest Ideas 🤔💭💡

Christopher Marks

6 hours ago, duderubble said:

I'd love to do this again but I think I'd love staying married even more. 

Your wife and my wife must have spoken to each other.

Since im officially out. No sense in keeping my awesome idea to myself. I planned, and sketched up a drop off 2.5g. It was gonna be fabulous.

This guy is extra salty
13 hours ago, seabass said:

JTP1.jpg.9a9a69f14a92057e16086f72534be702.jpg

Lmao 👎 no

i got it back up and running but I can only cut half sheets (48x48) instead of 48x96

This guy is extra salty
12 hours ago, Friendly said:

what the deuce?  :blink:

Yea someone wasn’t watching the machine.. caught a .220x48x96  sheet on fire and didn’t notice until it was really bad.. I had to run over with a fire extinguisher hence the powder all over it

• Sad 1
This guy is extra salty
13 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

I’ll be posting the official announcement this week!

Thank you 🙏 

this  🎶Jeopardy music🎶 Has been killing me 😅 

This guy is extra salty
8 hours ago, JBM said:

Your wife and my wife must have spoken to each other.

Since im officially out. No sense in keeping my awesome idea to myself. I planned, and sketched up a drop off 2.5g. It was gonna be fabulous.

Keep said 2.5g in the “sump” area of your original tank lol

she will never know 

just don’t look at it all the time lol

my ole lady gave me the go ahead to build one (the 2.5gal) cause she wants a “softy” tank with the possibility of having nems 

this was after i had to bribe her new lids for her 150.. she had .220 acrylic on it but kept wondering why it was “bowing” every week.. I upgraded it to 1/2in, unfortunately I have to remake them cause she can’t measure and is wanting “cut outs” to go around the lights. Or a trap door so she can feed her fish on either end.. F00B93A9-9BE2-4A03-9080-E9074EEC9DB5.thumb.jpeg.39c2773e1a11819f464d7d6842754716.jpeg

13 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Stop trying to sell me your infested LR guys. I told you, I’m doing dry this time. 😈

But it would be nice to persuade most of you to do the same. 😂

12 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

I would like to see more tanks that start with frags and document the progress, failure and success. 

I'm doing both of these 

A Little Blue
5 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

I'm doing both of these 

I like that. Even plainfield gonna make this race a little more interesting. 

What light are you going with, something new or closet treasure?

4 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I like that. Even plainfield gonna make this race a little more interesting. 

What light are you going with, something new or closet treasure?

Not 100% sure yet.  

I have a tide that I can use but also have been looking at a low profile strip like an orbit pro . 

A Little Blue
2 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

Not 100% sure yet.  

I have a tide that I can use but also have been looking at a low profile strip like an orbit pro . 

Tide should do the job. Why bother with crap that will end up in the closet bin? 

I’m going with my old Kessil 150. When new Kessil 360X comes in, I’ll probably swap one of 160s for better color. You don’t have any controllability over 150 other than ON/OFF. It’s not bad but it makes this hissssssing noise that drives me insane. Besides, I like my tank white (between 8-12K for the most part). 

9 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Tide should do the job. Why bother with crap that will end up in the closet bin? 

I’m going with my old Kessil 150. When new Kessil 360X comes in, I’ll probably swap one of 160s for better color. You don’t have any controllability over 150 other than ON/OFF. It’s not bad but it makes this hissssssing noise that drives me insane. Besides, I like my tank white (between 8-12K for the most part). 

not so sure that it will "end up in the closet bin" this tank will be on my desk and I plan to keep it going as long as I can after the contest. Im going sps so the more even light coverage the better. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Same here. 

tank is out for delivery now so I will have plenty of time to play around and decide on something. 

MainelyReefer
3 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

Not 100% sure yet.  

Current Trulumen 12” fit well with the aluminum feet, not sure if I want 3 or 4 , also hard to choose between blue only or marine blend, I have 3 of each so I can play around to nail the spectrum.  They will definitely provide the most even coverage possible thoughB8485E56-D6DE-4149-B37B-CC8C0B3640BD.thumb.jpeg.488bb03381a3b89f238b01aaab19ec20.jpeg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Friendly said:

heads up for Canadians who would like a chance to join this. Angelfins.ca has this 2.5 gallon tank under the brand Seaspora for $18.00. I just emailed them and they said they have 5 in stock at this moment:

https://angelfins.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1207

shipping to my remote location is actually more than the value of the tank, LoL!  :lol:

That's the tank I have. So it must be 2.5g. 😁

Shipping is ridiculous here.

Do you have big al's where you are? They sell them in the store but not online.

22 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

That's the tank I have. So it must be 2.5g. 😁

Shipping is ridiculous here.

Do you have big al's where you are? They sell them in the store but not online.

I have a lil mom & pop shop called Leanne's Pet Shop, who doesn't get anything but what Hagen has under their umbrella. apparently the 2.5 gallon by Marineland has been discontinued as it's not in their order catalog anymore.

MainelyReefer
1 minute ago, jbb_00 said:

I would think they are ok with a good rinse. I have the tiki head thing in my 65 with gsp hair

I was thinking even if it leached, 100% weekly WC would make it so it never hit toxic levels too?

23 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

anyone know if these kind of decorations are reef safe?

Those are made of resin.  I'll be sporting one in my tank too. :smilie:

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic