ReefCleaners.org

Pico Reef Contest Ideas 🤔💭💡

Christopher Marks

27 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Small ones are in season right now. Check with your LFS to see if they can get some. I love them, they'll pick an Aiptasia right out between zoanthid polyps without damaging them and they love GHA.

They won't go after BTA will they ?

StinkyBunny
2 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

They won't go after BTA will they ?

I've never had one do it and there are several people that have them in tanks with BTAs. They seem to only go after Aiptasia.

• Thanks 1
A Little Blue
10 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

Probably won’t be allowed in the contest... but one can always dream.

342DD757-44D9-417D-8382-FA810B9D319A.jpeg.d27c6fbdbb5f3d3114f3aebd2600b2dd.jpeg

DB6EC2A0-36F1-419F-87B1-A9313B2BFF07.thumb.jpeg.0f1f00eb4afc5e77d2af11a4e57e8cf7.jpegD502945C-DF3F-42A4-B59D-F72B934C9F48.thumb.jpeg.5e427e2afef2b63081232b7b490d1420.jpeg

I don't know what that is but I like it.

• Like 1

Hey! Stop making the silicone job on my janky tank look good! 😜

2 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

DB6EC2A0-36F1-419F-87B1-A9313B2BFF07.thumb.jpeg.0f1f00eb4afc5e77d2af11a4e57e8cf7.jpegD502945C-DF3F-42A4-B59D-F72B934C9F48.thumb.jpeg.5e427e2afef2b63081232b7b490d1420.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
MainelyReefer
3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Hey! Stop making the silicone job on my janky tank look good! 😜

If I had used clear all around it would have looked like an aqueon!  Don’t worry it will all be concealed by completion

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

I like it.........a friend did that with a 5 gallon for a contest on a local forum. I think he is still running the tank today.

9 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Want some more before I throw the Scats in the tanks? I have some from Vietnam, Fiji, Indo and Tonga. miserable effing things, but the Scats think they're yummy.

Any cute little majanos with the pink tips??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I think I’m going with predator theme. Maybe an angler or octopus. 

I had an angler they are ok..........but this small of a tank not so sure..........

its going to be hard to figure out what to do..........

I keep looking for that odd duck at the fish store............

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, spectra said:

I had an angler they are ok..........but this small of a tank not so sure..........

Ducks huh ? 

That will be interesting 🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆

• Haha 3
A Little Blue
15 minutes ago, spectra said:

You’re ruining my deception game Spectra. And honestly I have no idea what I’m going with. Had a plan earlier this morning and now it’s gone. Lol 

ADHD doesn’t help either. 

Anglers are cool BTW. But I’m too old for that. 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

You’re ruining my deception game Spectra. And honestly I have no idea what I’m going with. Had a plan earlier this morning and now it’s gone. Lol 

ADHD doesn’t help either. 

Anglers are cool BTW. But I’m too old for that. 

Sent you something

11 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Saw it. Cool but risky. 

Couple of baby sharks should be fine . Will add a speaker behind the tank and play jaws music. 

• Haha 1
On 3/15/2019 at 5:38 PM, Wingy said:

Does anyone have a Lominie Asta 20 or Pixie 30?   Does it fit on the rimmed Aqueon?  

I hope it fits, cause I have an Asta 20 on the way for this tank, and the Tetra tank I have is rimmed. Pretty sure it fits rimmed and rimless. Just hoping it's not completely terrible and under powered.

23 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I was interested in those if they were able to grow stuff 

I was interested too, ordered one. I figure the 60 degree lens might focus things a bit, and since these 2.5 gallon tanks are so shallow, it should grow SOMETHING...lol... The power Supply says it's outputting 15W, so if that is true,  6 watts/gallon?

8 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Any cute little majanos with the pink tips??

@StinkyBunny - you laugh, but I was actually serious! Some pics of majanos I've seen are super pretty. Dark green with pink tips = :wub:

@Snow_Phoenix gets it!! I had a dream last night I was trying to grab some majanos out of someone's tank who didn't want them. It was made complicated because the majanos lived deep in holes like RFAs, the BTAs behaved like jellyfish, and the aptasia were aggressive and attacked when hands went into the tank!!! Dreams are weird. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Snow_Phoenix
33 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

@StinkyBunny - you laugh, but I was actually serious! Some pics of majanos I've seen are super pretty. Dark green with pink tips = :wub:

@Snow_Phoenix gets it!! I had a dream last night I was trying to grab some majanos out of someone's tank who didn't want them. It was made complicated because the majanos lived deep in holes like RFAs, the BTAs behaved like jellyfish, and the aptasia were aggressive and attacked when hands went into the tank!!! Dreams are weird. 

I've only had one majano before. I got it so that it would split but the little sucker stayed single and pretty. It was a beautiful pink/green. I eventually gave it (and the rock it was on) away to another reefer who expressed interest in it. I regretted it. 

• Wow 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic