Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
16 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Same thing different name, I want one but dont know if i can cope with another invert that will rescape my tank

Mine surprisingly hasn’t rescaped my tank since be had him. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I have some depressing news. I’m so sad about this, I really loved this fish. My leopard wrasse was attacked by my hermit crab. I saw him attack the fish too. I tried to stop him and I did, but my wrasse had a big cut near his tale I didn’t know if I could’ve done anything. I woke up the next morning and he was dead. I really should’ve moved my hermit over to my other pest tank a long time ago. He’s a little bit bigger than a golf ball. He’s huge for a hermit. I shouldn’t of trusted him. He will get banished to the pest tank. 

• Sad 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
19 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Sorry 😞

What kind of hermit crab is it?

It was sold to me as a zebra striped hermit crab. It was the size of a dime when I bought it.

20 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

It was sold to me as a zebra striped hermit crab. It was the size of a dime when I bought it.

Photo?

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

F#ck

Serves me right for giving up at page 52 doesn't it

Yea, I just couldn’t believe that the hermit could actually strike out and grab the wrasse. The wrasse is so much faster than all the other fish in my tank. He just doesn’t seem very fast, but then I see him grab him with extreme speed. He always moves slow, but I guess if he really wants something, he’s gonna go after it

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

I am curious what type of hermit takes down a leopard wrasse. Mine kills small inverts and small gobies 😮 Mines a sassy little bitch 😲

I bought him as a zebra striped hermit crab or whatever. It was the size of a blue legged hermit crab when I bought him. I search up zebra striped hermit crabs on google and I can’t find any pictures that look like the hermit I bought.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ultimately the wrasse should have a much bigger tank. They are incredibly active...mine makes my coris look slow and has grown a fair bit. Can't wait to get mine into my 80g and watch her cruise.

• Like 4
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, Tamberav said:

Ultimately the wrasse should have a much bigger tank. They are incredibly active...mine makes my coris look slow and has grown a fair bit. Can't wait to get mine into my 80g and watch her cruise.

Yea, I can’t wait till I’m able to get a larger tank, preferably 75 or above.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I’m heading to college in half a year, so hopefully I’ll be able to get a larger tank then. My parents are the only people stopping me right now. I may be in a dorm tho for most of college, so I don’t know how big of a tank they will allow. I’ll probably only be able to have a 20 gallon or below if I’m guessing. When I get my own place tho, you already know that I’m about to get a huge tank😂.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

It’s also nice when you find a significant other who loves your hobby and wants to contribute. She wants me to get a tank that is installed inside the wall of a house. Preferably right as you walk in😂

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I’m heading to college in half a year, so hopefully I’ll be able to get a larger tank then. My parents are the only people stopping me right now. I may be in a dorm tho for most of college, so I don’t know how big of a tank they will allow. I’ll probably only be able to have a 20 gallon or below if I’m guessing. When I get my own place tho, you already know that I’m about to get a huge tank😂.

Generally 10 gallons max in dorms. Then you hope your roommate doesn't pour beer in it.

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
22 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Generally 10 gallons max in dorms. Then you hope your roommate doesn't pour beer in it.

Yea, hopefully that doesn’t happen. I would be pissed if my roommate did that.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
On 10/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, Ratvan said:

Train them to Vodka dose instead 😀

I haven’t had the time or money lately and it’s starting to come back to haunt me. I haven’t been able to get rid of that aptasia that was in my tank and now it’s multiplied quite a few times. I may get a peppermint shrimp just to get rid of the aptasia, then I can put the shrimp in my pest if he starts to do anything bad.

• Sad 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
9 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Can you get the Zoas out the tank and hit the nems with superglue?

No, the zoa frag is glued to the rock

• Sad 1