Coral Vue Hydros

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, Snow_Phoenix said:

Ethan, you have made incredible progress! The tank looks good and the pics are amazing. 😊👍

Thank you so much. This means a lot to hear that😁

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
11 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

You’ve come a long way. Keep it up man! 

Any update on the mantis? 

I’m really starting to consider if it’s even actually a mantis. I saw something weird last night and one of the eyeballs was expanding and then coming back. Like a kind of filter feeder, but on the other hand, the other eye looks like it’s following my every move tho. It’s weird 

I took a video, but I can’t post videos. I sent a video of it to WV Reefer, but she didn’t know either. It’s just a mystery to me.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I’m really starting to consider if it’s even actually a mantis. I saw something weird last night and one of the eyeballs was expanding and then coming back. Like a kind of filter feeder, but on the other hand, the other eye looks like it’s following my every move tho. It’s weird 

I took a video, but I can’t post videos. I sent a video of it to WV Reefer, but she didn’t know either. It’s just a mystery to me.

That sounds weird. A good weird though I think. And yes well done a big jump again in how stuff looks. Everything, especially your photo skills

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

That sounds weird. A good weird though I think. And yes well done a big jump again in how stuff looks. Everything, especially your photo skills

Thank you very much😁. I’m probably gonna enter in the next photo contest again, when does it start? Is it gonna be just the beginning of the next month?

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

The thing I don’t understand is how a filter feeder can seem very intelligent. It just seems intelligent to me. If it even is a filter feeder. It also ate a piece of mysis. 

1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Pm me your number, I’ll send you the video of it.

3 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

The thing I don’t understand is how a filter feeder can seem very intelligent. It just seems intelligent to me. If it even is a filter feeder. It also ate a piece of mysis. 

What's your international data plan like for hidden costs? 

• Haha 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
26 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

What's your international data plan like for hidden costs? 

I don’t really know too be honest, I forgot that you don’t live in the same place I do😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

You should get an instagram account just for posting fish stuff. That's what I did-it allows you to post videos to your threads, and a very large number of people from this forum are on IG.

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

You should get an instagram account just for posting fish stuff. That's what I did-it allows you to post videos to your threads, and a very large number of people from this forum are on IG.

Hm, I like that idea, I may just do that when I get home. I’ll have to get everyone’s Instagram tho.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Thank you very much😁. I’m probably gonna enter in the next photo contest again, when does it start? Is it gonna be just the beginning of the next month?

This month is Green? Seems to run every month or has so far

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

So my carpet nem is for some reason looking a little bleached? It’s a little bit lighter then usual? Is it bc I’m mainly just feeding but mysis and scallops? I just bought some fresh ocean perch? Could I feed that to it? Would that be better than scallops?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I don’t understand what’s going on with my long tentacle nem. It has changed colors like 5 different times. It’s now green. It was at first blue, then white, then a darker blue, and now green

13 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Does anyone know why this could be happening? Why is it changing colors yet again?

It could be maturing. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Have you done anything different? Different foods? 

Looks good though. 😊

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
45 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

It could be maturing. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Have you done anything different? Different foods? 

Looks good though. 😊

Yes actually, I started feeding it fresh ocean snapper instead of scallops and mysis.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Yes actually, I started feeding it fresh ocean snapper instead of scallops and mysis.

Maybe the change in nutrition could have something to do with it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Go do some science and find out. 😄

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Maybe the change in nutrition could have something to do with it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Go do some science and find out. 😄

How would I do science to find that out?😂

• Haha 1