Top Shelf Aquatics

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

FYI your acan frag has bubble algae on it.

Yes I know. How do I rid bubble algae? Won’t emerald crabs get rid of it? I have two in the tank. Got home today and the hammer is looking a lot better. As well as my little acan garden. I also spotted one of the emerald crabs. 

02452F9C-A2BB-4F95-994D-5085C1B872E2.jpeg

452B442A-AE0B-4A9A-92BF-8A4DC2A91A09.jpeg

FF19B0D3-24B1-44A0-8094-F6156049A7C8.jpeg

0F19D372-E509-40C7-9CF2-A6737FACD607.jpeg

D19E9AC2-A226-4175-A41B-4612E07C5EEC.jpeg

Pull the bubble algae off by hand before it spreads, carefully so you don't pop it. And fiddlers need a decently large area of damp sand, above the water, to burrow in. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
49 minutes ago, Tired said:

Pull the bubble algae off by hand before it spreads, carefully so you don't pop it. And fiddlers need a decently large area of damp sand, above the water, to burrow in. 

I really don’t think that they need a place to burrow, I think the most important thing is that they have a place that they can go to get air.

BearTheSquare
3 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

By the way, how fast do hammer corals grow?

From my experience branching Hammer corals split heads a lot faster/more than they grow new branches. Mine grew from one head/mouth to ten/eleven in 6 months, but still hasn’t grown a new branch.

• Like 3
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

And here’s the earliest picture of anything In my tank. I bought this clown from a friend and he was already really old and mature. Not sure if he died of old age or what. He was my first fish.

04F695E2-61CD-43D1-99D2-9E95201914B5.jpeg

Fiddlers need air, yes, but they do in fact need to burrow in damp (not submerged) sand. It's part of their natural behavior. It gives them a territory, a safe place. They won't die without it, but they will be stressed, and it's not kind to deny an animal such a basic part of its instinctive behaviors. Like how you have to give birds that want to nest materials to nest with.

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
8 hours ago, Tired said:

Fiddlers need air, yes, but they do in fact need to burrow in damp (not submerged) sand. It's part of their natural behavior. It gives them a territory, a safe place. They won't die without it, but they will be stressed, and it's not kind to deny an animal such a basic part of its instinctive behaviors. Like how you have to give birds that want to nest materials to nest with.

Well for now, I’m just gonna have to leave him with what he has right now that will let him survive. Bc I don’t have a lot of money at the moment bc I just bought a bunch of stuff. Whenever I get the money, I’ll try to make something for him.