Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Creative Container Pico Contest - Official Announcement

Felicia

5 hours ago, seabass said:

100617a.jpg

3 hours ago, Orangutran said:

Woohoo I'm in!

Awesome!  I have both of your official entry and have added your name and a link to your thread to the list of contestants in the first post of this thread.

19 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Well. Here’s mine :) 

DABD3852-81FD-4871-93ED-B57C8C2676ED.jpeg

Very pretty vase!  Sharbuckle, post a link to your build thread and then I can add you to the list of contestants.

Please let me know if I'm missed your entry!  I think I have them all!  The list of contests at the end of the first post in this thread is up to date with all the entries.  Please let me know if I missed any!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, Felicia said:

Awesome!  I have both of your official entry and have added your name and a link to your thread to the list of contestants in the first post of this thread.

Very pretty vase!  Sharbuckle, post a link to your build thread and then I can add you to the list of contestants.

Please let me know if I'm missed your entry!  I think I have them all!  The list of contests at the end of the first post in this thread is up to date with all the entries.  Please let me know if I missed any!

I didn’t see mine - I haven’t posted the condiment photo yet as I’m uploading some stuff but I did post my tank thread on the previous page 

1 hour ago, Farmboyreef said:

I didn’t see mine - I haven’t posted the condiment photo yet as I’m uploading some stuff but I did post my tank thread on the previous page 

As soon as you post the photo of your container with your favorite condiment, I'll get you added to the list of contestants.  :)

1 hour ago, Sharbuckle said:

Oops. Forgot to post link. Here we are!

Perfect!  Thank you!  I'm adding your name and link to your thread to the list now!

• Like 4
On 4-10-2017 at 2:53 AM, HarryPotter said:

I ordered a 3 gallon beverage dispenser off amazon warehouse for $4. If anyone copies me we KILL them all :)  @Felicia and @Christopher Marks will back me up! 

Built in easy water change functionality!!! 

F0L7vi6.png

Teying to  decide if it is worth getting an avada kedavra over this. As i just found one of these in the perfect dimensions and the cheapest of allthe bowls i could find... 

I'll look further first. But if not. I may risk it. (Starts practicing her patronus)

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Felicia said:

As soon as you post the photo of your container with your favorite condiment, I'll get you added to the list of contestants.  :)

Perfect!  Thank you!  I'm adding your name and link to your thread to the list now!

Ok here we go! It’s official 

93C387AA-BC29-4341-B8D6-D8CA73E32089.jpeg

• Like 9
27 minutes ago, seabass said:

Yes!  I'm glad someone decided to do a gumball machine.

Were you thinking of it? I saw it and thought “hell yes, this needs to happen” - I need to do some mods to make it water tight but shouldn’t be too bad. 

2 hours ago, Lisa166 said:

Teying to  decide if it is worth getting an avada kedavra over this. As i just found one of these in the perfect dimensions and the cheapest of allthe bowls i could find... 

I'll look further first. But if not. I may risk it. (Starts practicing her patronus)

Go for it :)

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone! I'm at RAP today so I won't be on to answer questions and add new entries to the contestants list. I'll get caught up this evening after RAP is done for today.

• Like 4

So I am probably bailing on the head... I have a very specific idea of how I want it to work, but can't make it happen the way I want to. 

I also found another cool container, pictures when I get home. 

GunslingerGirl

I'm officially in! Going to make my thread tonight! 

Found an old cookie jar in my parents basement while I was helping them clean. 

15074202836681033281039.jpg

• Like 9

very nice, GSG, very nice! I like the shape of that. any idea what it's volume is? 

I'm going to bring my pico gear home from work. I was debating tearing down the Fluval 5 gal I had up, but nothing in it with the pico, but with this contest, I'll just order the InTank basket for the tank and do the pico at home.  B)  

GunslingerGirl
14 minutes ago, Friendly said:

very nice, GSG, very nice! I like the shape of that. any idea what it's volume is? 

I'm going to bring my pico gear home from work. I was debating tearing down the Fluval 5 gal I had up, but nothing in it with the pico, but with this contest, I'll just order the InTank basket for the tank and do the pico at home.  B)  

It's going to be a gallon of water once I get everything in it. But volume like 1.5 ish. Mom said she filled it at 2... absolutely no way. So I'll have to rethink my livestock plans. But that's alright.

I have a fluval chi thats just sitting empty. I use it as a QT currently.

GunslingerGirl

Tah Dah! Follow along for my grad student fried from tests and practicals rants and ravings (I think I'm funny but you can be the judge)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

This is so tempting, I have to work a lot in October but that really just means I'll be looking for reasons to procrastinate. :D

And I already have a light, air pump, and airstone. Just need to look around the house for a container and figure out where to put it. 

Are we allowed to use live rock that's already in a tank? 

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

This is so tempting, I have to work a lot in October but that really just means I'll be looking for reasons to procrastinate. :D

And I already have a light, air pump, and airstone. Just need to look around the house for a container and figure out where to put it. 

Are we allowed to use live rock that's already in a tank? 

Oh please join!!

I don't think there are limitations on anything but equipment. 

• Like 1

I'm kinda curious. is the canopy Granite intends to use an allowable light fixture?  :unsure:  

not trying to cause you any grief Granite, but so many other aquarium focus bits have been confirmed disallowed.  :ninja:

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic