ReefCleaners.org

100 Days of Nanos - Official Contestant FTS thread.

jedimasterben

19 hours ago, Coral_chef said:

@metrokat @jedimasterben 

Thoughts?

"Publish one FTS per week to your aquarium journal thread (we will have an FTS check in thread also)"

Some may be posting on their own threads. 

Why don't we get back to a chatter free FTS thread that so that @jedimasterben and I can keep better track?

If you made a post by mistake, use the delete button. Edit - there is no delete button. :lol:

Thanks.

• Like 4

FTS #5

Day light in the contest tank. It's sharp contrast to the look the lights give it.

Was out of town most of the week but did pick up a pair of anemone crabs yesterday. They are settling in - much to the chagrin of one of the anemones which they dog piled on top of! GSP may have kicked into gear - finally. And one anemone appears to be nomadic by nature - he's all over the place. IMG_9694.thumb.JPG.ce32e994f74f0a4225339e5c8a4bed9c.JPG

IMG_9696.thumb.JPG.a066fa01d3ad4f284986ef4a442061d6.JPG

IMG_9695.thumb.JPG.c68859bda5c735c63ab41bf2c0f4f761.JPG

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, HouseOf1000Corals said:

How do you attach sea ferns to your rock? 

I dont know what a seafurn is, but a combination of coral epoxy and superglue is probably what it will be.  Thats what 99% of everything is glued to the rocks with.

ETA:  I mean make a ball of putty then a little divet in the ball for the base of whatever you're attaching to go into, put some superglue in the divet, put the coral in the divet and hold together for a few seconds then smoosh the epoxy ball combo on to the spot.  

• Like 4

Week 6 FTS: A little more macro, a little less hair algae :P  I'm loving how gross it is in there, and by the looks of it so do the porcelain crab and sexy shrimp...

5KuXQhK.jpg

• Like 12

This weeks FTS. Made a few changes. At the suggestion and request of several visitors, I added a lovers arch. If you use a little imagination you can clearly see the it is a heart (C'mon, you can do it). I feel the Honeymoon reef is fully occupied now with 2 neon gobies, 2 masked gobies, 2 coral banded shrimp, 2 anemone shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, and a full staff of housekeepers and entertainment, including but not limited to a beautiful flame scallop and a very efficient red mithrax named Sebastian. The only other thing I may consider adding is a pair of sexy shrimp, but I doubt it will fit in the budget.

I've decided to keep the light canopy where it is for now. I don't think I have anything in there requiring a lot of light. I'll keep on eye on everything and make adjustments if necessary.

35282611576_9577b1d7cc.jpgFTS 6/15/17 by Penny, on Flickr

35282611356_1bcf49b840.jpgFTS 6/15/17 by Penny, on Flickr

34479178394_0bcf391bbd.jpgFTS 6/15/17 by Penny, on Flickr

• Like 14

Couple pics of week 6 or ? who knows.........busy and haven't even done a water change. Tank is pretty much algae free don't even need to scrape the glass. Macro needs a trim also.........

IMG_3791.JPG

IMG_3792.JPG

• Like 12

FTS #6

Getting some coralline spots on the sides of the tank. Set-up a refugium in chamber 2 using a submersible light (pics will be on my thread). Mounted the rest of my GSP. 

IMG_9786.thumb.JPG.c900b3362b6daff69eb4e3f45d7c9d53.JPG

IMG_9787.thumb.JPG.0497637dcea0bff538da7566c6a7e618.JPG

• Like 11
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic