Cultivated Reef

100 Days of Nanos - Official Contestant FTS thread.

jedimasterben

1 hour ago, Friendly said:

are there just a lot of new tanks being started and photo's being put up...or am I missing something about the LFS picture contest?  :wacko:

Everyone posts a FTS per week? :) 

9 hours ago, Friendly said:

are there just a lot of new tanks being started and photo's being put up...or am I missing something about the LFS picture contest?  :wacko:

It's a contest. There are 16 of us that started a new tank on the same day and we are suppose to post a new shot of it every week.

• Like 3
fishfreak0114

3 hours ago, Friendly said:

so it doesn't matter if it's new or mature? 

All of the tanks were started within a week of each other so they're all pretty new. 9 weeks old now I think?

On 7/20/2017 at 9:25 PM, Friendly said:

:)

(This is the official FTS thread for the contest, so they are trying to keep chatter on this one to a minimum).

• Like 2
On 7/21/2017 at 9:35 AM, Friendly said:

so it doesn't matter if it's new or mature? 

I think you're confused.  This is a FTS page for a competition.  so the only photos are of tanks in this competition so they are about 10 weeks old at this point.

Hi everyone, here's my delayed week 10 FTS. The smaller neon blue goby disappeared a few days ago. He was being picked on by the bigger guy for a while but I thought they would get over it soon enough since they had their own corners to hang out. I finally received my Venus anemone shrimps from a back order. I suddenly received a shipment notice from LA.com after the 2 week back order hold. They are doing well....

IMG_1025.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

• Like 9

Week 10 update! So I have some funny news and some good news after a couple rough reefing weeks. Pip, the black and white occy I got for my female daVinci made it out of the hospital tank and has now moved into the contest tank! Since I had brook in the reef tank, I wasn't putting him back in there after successfully coming out of treatment. The good news is he now has a new soon-to-be lady friend! They aren't designer clowns - just your run of the mill clowns, but I think they're so pretty. You can see them in this shot. Other funny news: Mr. Red, the pistol, continues to rearrange the macro algae for me so I've given up gluing it back on the main rock as he rips it off nightly. Apparently he doesn't like macroon his roof. But he does like to drag it into his cave. 

• Like 8

Good morning Week 12!

(literally morning lol yes there is a sponge that needs to be reglued)

only change I have made is we are on week 2 of no waterchange.   I will make one friday.  I just want two weeks gaps.

IMG_20170726_081957_471.thumb.jpg.56ecb015d8c585b6d697651c5f7bd7d3.jpg

• Like 10

Ah yes, the messiest little tank... I ain't even mad. At least it's not freaky bacteria.

dQfkCMG.jpg

Also, I just want to call these two 'Grumpy' and 'Steve'. Grumpy and his shrimp are featured below, on the potato camera :P

• Like 8
1 minute ago, Mariaface said:

Ah yes, the messiest little tank... I ain't even mad. At least it's not freaky bacteria.

dQfkCMG.jpg

Also, I just want to call these two 'Grumpy' and 'Steve'. Grumpy and his shrimp are featured below, on the potato camera :P

so in the top pic, is that 2 gobies, or 1 gobies and his reflection? I don't see a shrimp

2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

so in the top pic, is that 2 gobies, or 1 gobies and his reflection? I don't see a shrimp

Two gobies :) They're cute little wheelers. The shrimp is in the video; it doesn't really make an appearance except when it needs to push back the sand that has gotten into the burrow entrance..

On July 31, 2017 at 8:41 PM, Mariaface said:

Two gobies :) They're cute little wheelers. The shrimp is in the video; it doesn't really make an appearance except when it needs to push back the sand that has gotten into the burrow entrance..

LOL I didn't realize it was a video. Cute shrimp.

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic