ReefCleaners.org

100 Days of Nanos - Official Contestant FTS thread.

jedimasterben

FTS 9

20170705_092443.thumb.jpg.227fff288acac360290eefe870999239.jpg

20170705_092507.thumb.jpg.ace42a6c7d5290c925afae663fe398ee.jpg

Still chuggin along.  The nitrates are always fairly high in this tank do i ordered some XPort NO3 Cubes since @metrokat seems to have had good things to say about them.  That will come in Friday.  The NPS gorgs have turned a corner, when i got them every single tip had skeleton showing.  Now most of the tips are covered in flesh again.  I am pretty stoked about that.  still havent seen any noticeable recovery in the more heavily damaged branches, but it isnt progressing. So thats good.  The are also open far more often now.  The sponges have also showed signs of increased growth.  So all is well it seems.  fingers crossed it keeps going!

• Like 10

Hi everyone, here's my week 8 FTS. The electric flame scallop is still doing ok. I feed it once every other day. He has been moving several times though. This can be a bad sign. We will see! Have a great week everyone! 

IMG_0850.JPG

• Like 6

FTS #9 - First fish! So tiny!

This is about an hour after releasing him/her into the tank (lights off to minimize stress) on Saturday.

My remaining 4 RFAs survived the week and there no apparent signs of distress right now. Still on pins and needles with them though. 

IMG_0033.thumb.JPG.fab7f28f42f5aaaf14cc9387a2c6e8e0.JPG

• Like 8
36 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Looking good @lkoechle. What is the orange/red growing on the top rock?

Thanks! This fuzzy red macroalgae (excuse the water, I just added phyto)20170712_090302.thumb.jpg.06fbc7eb893446796fa08528be0174b8.jpg

• Like 4
sabrefencer

Great looking tanks 

I haven't done much- lots of corals in my 30 breeder so when I get some time to test  and make sure everything is okay I'll transfer over what I can - 

I did add a black perc - and am using dr. Tim's waste away -seems to have gotten rid of whatever hair algae I had - 

IMG_4211.JPG

• Like 3

Hi everyone, heres my Week 9 FTS. Ive added a Yellow Scissor Tail Cleaner Shrimp this week. All my anemones are severely stressed by the White Spot Anemone shrimp pair. They really get latch onto the anemones causing them to shrink greatly. I might have to isolate them throughout the week to give the anemones time to expand. 

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

• Like 6

Week 9 FTS - my new goby and pistol decided to dislodge all my macros from the mangrove planter over night. Now I've got macros everywhere! Also missing a blue mushie which I believe the shrimp took into their cave for decorating. But here's this week's FTS, macro mess and all:

• Like 7

Here is mine.......tank is on auto pilot :lol: I have only done 2 water changes since setting it up. The macros are keeping things clean and its great. Somewhere in there Q is still going but doesn't come out at all :angry:

IMG_3908.JPG

IMG_3909.JPG

IMG_3910.JPG

• Like 9

FTS 11

Havent veebbposting much because losing that red sponge really got to me :( I just have to remind myself it was my first loss (aside from the already damaged sponge) since having this tank.  I dont know if 10 weeks was a good run with a sponge or not, I am thinking not.  i just wish i knew why it died.  But everything else is happy! 

20170719_091456.thumb.jpg.e9c8993f54c1eafd3670dc65c54a362c.jpg

• Like 9
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic