Innovative Marine Aquariums

100 Days of Nanos - Official Contestant FTS thread.

jedimasterben

sabrefencer

My submission for whatever week I'm in 

I added two Percs- and a couple of snails + a mag float 

On order is an aqua top heater with it's own controller and a mini tray or in tank media basket for compartment 1 or 2. Unfortunately I noticed some small pieces of bubble algae - on that big piece of rock I picked up locally ---

aquascaping isn't final - have a lot of live rock from my 30 breeder so still up in the air - 

switched out to sicce 1.0 - thanks everyone - so much more quiet and reliable and also the replacement pump I got from IM had restart issues - ugh piece of junk 

IMG_3868.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

• Like 6
HarryPotter
56 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

FTS #5 

20170606_140118.thumb.jpg.e46ab8eb4d442fdeaa4af3870823de04.jpg

20170606_140133.thumb.jpg.50aa2ca347673dcc4c25e172cd0ff346.jpg

20170606_140106.thumb.jpg.d5f34a54e22ddf9ebd2611c7ec75c7da.jpg

Would you like some water for your glass box of corals, sir?

looke awesome! 

• Like 2

Few minor changes for this week Added a few Macros for color, including a cool little "forest" of pine cone algae along the back. Moved the purple feather gorgonia to a new location and it is doing much better. Added masked goby pair to replace planned jawfish (still MIA and presumed consumed!(mail order bride was so disappointed)). One of the gobies is in hiding, he's very shy and waiting to begin courtship, but if you look you can see one of them.

34349231123_474251e6fb.jpgFTS 6/7/17 by Penny, on Flickr

34314187174_3b9bfd3b12.jpgFTS 6/7/17 by Penny, on Flickr

34994083102_62b629c114.jpgFTS 6/7/17 by Penny, on Flickr

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

This tank looks like it has been up and running for months not weeks.

agreed. Could easily win TOTM right now in my opinion.

• Like 9
38 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

agreed. Could easily win TOTM right now in my opinion

Thanks, but I actually just pulled that yellow tree sponge today after talking somethings over with @Boggers.  It was damaged when I recieved it and I was playing a waiting game to see if it would recover but on closer inspection (brought on by a comment from @Boggers)  I realized it was taking a turn for the worse. So next weeks fts will be very different!  Thats why TOTM tanks are a year or older! lol

I love your purple feather and pinecone forest!  my mandarin disappeared for a month,  maybe your jawfish with come back!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

my mandarin disappeared for a month,  maybe your jawfish with come back!

That would be nice. But then we'd have to find a new mail order bride and the honeymoon reef has no occupancy right now. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, lkoechle said:

FTS #5 

20170606_140118.thumb.jpg.e46ab8eb4d442fdeaa4af3870823de04.jpg

20170606_140133.thumb.jpg.50aa2ca347673dcc4c25e172cd0ff346.jpg

20170606_140106.thumb.jpg.d5f34a54e22ddf9ebd2611c7ec75c7da.jpg

Wow... your water level looks really low... do you have the return pump output turned way down or something??

34 minutes ago, LX20000 said:

Wow... your water level looks really low... do you have the return pump output turned way down or something??

no. its a 1/2 inch below th lid clips. any higher, and water would be up under the clips.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, lkoechle said:

no. its a 1/2 inch below th lid clips. any higher, and water would be up under the clips.

So you've cut back on the pump discharge flow?  To lower the level that low?  It's much lower than my two 14 IM tanks, and lower than many pictures in this thread.  So it just ended up here?  Or you adjusted things to get it here?

14 minutes ago, LX20000 said:

So you've cut back on the pump discharge flow?  To lower the level that low?  It's much lower than my two 14 IM tanks, and lower than many pictures in this thread.  So it just ended up here?  Or you adjusted things to get it here?

good lord, my flow is too high for you, now you somehow think I am running it low?  NO. I am running a sicce 1.0 at 211 gph (higher preferably but I cant because of the rules) and a koralia.  The water level just is what it is when it sits a 1/2 inch below the baffle of the third chamber.  Its the same level its always been and always will be.

this is the FTS thread if you have more to say, move it to my thread or the main contest thread.

and PS its the same level as @sabrefencer and @Pjanssen maybe yours is too high. And I am sorry for being snipy but every single post you make about freaking flow is driving me up the wall.  

Now move it to another thread if you want to continue this.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

good lord, my flow is too high for you, now you somehow think I am running it low?  NO. I am running a sicce 1.0 at 211 gph (higher preferably but I cant because of the rules) and a koralia.  The water level just is what it is when it sits a 1/2 inch below the baffle of the third chamber.  Its the same level its always been and always will be.

this is the FTS thread if you have more to say, move it to my thread or the main contest thread.

and PS its the same level as @sabrefencer and @Pjanssen maybe yours is too high. And I am sorry for being snipy but every single post you make about freaking flow is driving me up the wall.  

Now move it to another thread if you want to continue this.

AHAHAHAH.  Whatever.

Coral_chef
6 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Why do i feel like i don't see 18 new FTS's every week?

I've been posting mine on wrong days but everyweek 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Agreed.  Feels like only a handful...

Coral_chef
7 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

5 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Agreed.  Feels like only a handful...

@metrokat @jedimasterben 

Thoughts?

"Publish one FTS per week to your aquarium journal thread (we will have an FTS check in thread also)"

9 hours ago, stellablue said:

Here's week 5 FTS - but the side FTS this time! 

IMG_3645.JPG

The side?  Or the end?  Which is which?  Who can tell?! :lol:

Edit: oops I did it again... :blush:

• Like 2

Just to be a copycat, here's Week 5's FTS from the 'end' as well!

Behold the tank uglies! :P 

4aNhKgt.jpg

And sideways..

jqaFTHG.jpg

• Like 8

Week 5 I think...............hell who knows I don't keep track of my age anymore :blink: 

Added a yellow clown goby as it was cheap 8 bucks at a local dealer...............to big for Q to eat :lol: so I think it will be ok........I need to figure out money........do I get a discount for adding xenia :lol: added a 20 dollar zoa also........I figure when I can get a polyp for a buck or two its worth it.......

IMG_3759.JPG

IMG_3760.JPG

• Like 10
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic