Pod Your Reef

Weetie's Zen Learning Experiment, Random Stuff

Weetabix7

Just now, Lisa166 said:

Hey Weetie! Been a bit preoccupied with my tank (as you may have noticed :blush:), but as it's got a no touch break now, here I am reading all up on other things!

The live sand rocks! :happydance:

Or well, not rocks.. but ya know ehat I mean! Love the macros, and yeay for eating dinky!

Thanks!!

Always nice to have you stop  by!!

1 hour ago, stellablue said:

That's some cool macro!!

Thx!!!

It'll look even better when I'm able to get stuff more arranged and get some decent pics. 

Just fed Dinky his daily Mysis Mush.

3 hours ago, calvin said:

Good for you. I've kept caulerpa before but I'm wary of adding it

Yep, I'm wary of it too, I'm very selective in what types I get. 

I've kept the Cactus Caulerpa before and I know there's no danger of that one taking over. 

The rare Caulerpa clearly looks as if it roots in the sand, which makes it much easier to control. 

The Grape one I'll just be sure to keep off the rockwork. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Looking forward to a few tank shots once every thing is settled in to the tanks.

Me too!!!

I wanna get everything settled in so I can take a break and stop fiddling around with everything. 

• Like 4

I was looking at the C. barbata and cactus caulerpa too!  Good to know the cactus caulerpa won't try to take over lol.

2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I was looking at the C. barbata and cactus caulerpa too!  Good to know the cactus caulerpa won't try to take over lol.

No, it totally won't. 

I had actually been looking for it from various vendors for a month or so, so I was thrilled when John put it on the site. 

It's one Caulerpa that I've always really liked. 

• Like 3

Very nice macros.  I will be anxious to see them in your tank and how they do.  I would love to have more macros in my seahorse tank.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

omgomgomg

They are totally gesturing and doing the Clown Dance at each other. 

I hope nobody dies. :scarry:

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

They are totally gesturing and doing the Clown Dance at each other. 

I hope nobody dies. :scarry:

Ahhh exciting and scary at the same time!

Who will win?  Who will lose?  May the best woman err fish win!

3 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Dinky Pal pics please? 

Haven't taken any yet. 

Will tomorrow if he/she survives. 

They were going at it a little hard a couple times so I turned the lights off. 

1 minute ago, Weetabix7 said:

Haven't taken any yet. 

Will tomorrow if he/she survives. 

They were going at it a little hard a couple times so I turned the lights off. 

I've had to put fish in "time outs".  If you have a qt tank, remove Dinky for the night, put him in the QT and put him back in the display the next day.  It's like a whole new tank.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

I've had to put fish in "time outs".  If you have a qt tank, remove Dinky for the night, put him in the QT and put him back in the display the next day.  It's like a whole new tank.

Hmmm. 

I have an option for that if I need to, tho I need to adjust salinity. 

I think at this exact moment I'm going to take out the powerhead Dinky's been hosting, and see if that helps. 

It won't hurt anything if I do that for one day, I have another powerhead in there. 

It does seem like Dinky is the aggressor. 

He keeps going up and gesturing at the other Clown, and the new Clown just tries to ignore him for the most part. 

• Like 2

Ok, Dinky is being less territorial now that I took his "property" out (the nano koralia). 

Now he's mostly just hanging out by the new fish, so it's looking better. 

If he gets too aggressive again, I'm totally set up to move him for one day. 

Thanks for the suggestion @lkoechle!!

• Like 5

How is your barbata looking? I got an order from John as well and mine looked about about like yours which it shouldn't be black on the ends like it is ( I had some from Stella but lost it in a tank transfer) so I sent him a pic and he refunded me. I left it in the tank to see if it might come back or any little part might but its basically just falling apart.

I also got the cactus caulerpa and love it and I got flamingo feather which is awesome looking:)

6 hours ago, jstuver said:

How is your barbata looking? I got an order from John as well and mine looked about about like yours which it shouldn't be black on the ends like it is ( I had some from Stella but lost it in a tank transfer) so I sent him a pic and he refunded me. I left it in the tank to see if it might come back or any little part might but its basically just falling apart.

I also got the cactus caulerpa and love it and I got flamingo feather which is awesome looking:)

I need to take a closer look at that today, will do and try to arrange Macros better and get better pics. 

Clownies are doing better so far this morning. 

Here's a bad pic of them, best I could do so far. 

New Clown is the one you can see the best, is a "Vivid Fancy" Ocellaris. 

ef4a817b-fcc3-4603-bb70-bc0941db5446_zps

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

I need to take a closer look at that today, will do and try to arrange Macros better and get better pics. 

Clownies are doing better so far this morning. 

Here's a bad pic of them, best I could do so far. 

New Clown is the one you can see the best, is a "Vivid Fancy" Ocellaris. 

ef4a817b-fcc3-4603-bb70-bc0941db5446_zps

Glad they both survived the night!  How's your sargassum doing, it looks pretty good in the pic!

• Like 1

So, something cool happened yesterday. 

Just to put this in context, I need to go back to the beginning of this thread & remind everyone that this has been a Zen Bus Experiment of taking one step, seeing where it leads, then taking more steps as things become possible. 

It can be summed up perfectly by the following quote from a book that I love:

"Instead of wasting hours & days & years trying to figure out your perfect next move, just DO something already. Get out of your head & take action. You don't have to know where it's going to take you, you just need to start with one thing that feels right & keep following right-feeling things & see where they lead. Most answers reveal themselves through doing, not thinking."

(from You are a Badass, by Jen Sincero)

Yesterday, through the help of a friend, I picked up a super clean, used 40B for $30. 

So cool. 

(Thx @calvin!!!)

I do have plans for this, not gonna tell ya what they are. 

Just gonna keep taking one step and then another as things continue to become possible. 

Happy Birthday to me!!! :happydance::wub:

19 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Glad they both survived the night!  How's your sargassum doing, it looks pretty good in the pic!

They are doing much better!!

Dinky continues to try to be the boss, though not too aggressively, and the new Clown mostly ignores him/her and just kinda goes with the flow. 

Dinky seems pretty happy. 

I think the Sargassum is ok?

I am hoping to get in there and do some rearranging of Macros today, and I'll be able to tell better when I get a look at the holdfast at the base of the Sargassum. 

I do know that they have been photosynthesizing, cause I see "pearling" along the leaves later in the light cycle every day. 

• Like 8

40B is a great birthday present!  Glad the fish are doing better, is Dinky eating any better with his new frenemy to show him the ropes? :lol:  Fingers crossed that the sargassum starts taking off!  I am selfishly hoping it does well enough you will have to frag and sell it some day... :D

• Like 1
4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Wow a 40B. So many possibilities! Although I was hoping for pic's of the waterfall or all the new plant's.

Working on it....

Took some Waterfall pics yesterday but wasn't happy with how they came out. 

Working on organizing Macros and getting them settled in today, and am taking pics as I go along. 

7 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

40B is a great birthday present!  Glad the fish are doing better, is Dinky eating any better with his new frenemy to show him the ropes? :lol:  Fingers crossed that the sargassum starts taking off!  I am selfishly hoping it does well enough you will have to frag and sell it some day... :D

He's been eating just fine, he gets a little Spunky at eating time now, lol. Silly fish. 

You know Sargassum is a slow grower, right? 

It seems stable, but I haven't seen new growth. 

Thanks for the bday wishes, everyone!!!

Tomorrow is my 11 yr. bday on N-R. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Working on it....

Took some Waterfall pics yesterday but wasn't happy with how they came out. 

Working on organizing Macros and getting them settled in today, and am taking pics as I go along. 

He's been eating just fine, he gets a little Spunky at eating time now, lol. Silly fish. 

You know Sargassum is a slow grower, right? 

It seems stable, but I haven't seen new growth. 

Thanks for the bday wishes, everyone!!!

Tomorrow is my 11 yr. bday on N-R. 

I do, I'm not in a rush. :happy: I've pretty much never seen it in stock anywhere. :( The sprout I had on my LR forever ago took about a year to reach multi-branch status and about 6-8 inches high, starting from nothing...took its sweet time and then the zebra hermit decimated it in like two days. :angry: Zebra hermits are da debil!

Happy birthday, and happy N-R birthday! :lol:

• Like 1