ReefCleaners.org

Weetie's Zen Learning Experiment, Random Stuff

Weetabix7

Weetabix7
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

*points behind herself* :P:lol:

Lol!!

I only have 1 frag that isn't yet spoken for, apparently. 

• Like 2
Just now, money88 said:

Lol everyone look a butterfly. *sneaks to front of line*

*pulls money back to the end of the line*

I am picturing the minions from Despicable Me here. :lol:

• Like 2
Weetabix7
1 minute ago, money88 said:

:lol: :haha::lol:

Obviously I need to propagate faster. 

Luckily these particular Palys are good growers and very hardy, in addition being Sexy. 

Plus I have the two RPE frags as well. 

I'm annoyed, I had all these cool pics I was gonna post for an update here tonight, but the computer I'd have to use to upload them is arguing with me. :rolleyes:

Well anyway, just so ya know, I'm working on a fun update with pics, just cos I loves ya. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, money88 said:

We don't fall for that where frags are concerned. :lol:

• Like 2
Weetabix7

I just hand-fed everybody's frags & gave 'em a Pep Talk, told 'em they had to get fat & happy & pretty to go to their new homes. :happydance:

On 5/1/2017 at 6:35 PM, seabass said:

Just a fyi...

How Do Sharks Swim When Asleep? - R. Aidan Martin

- Jan Husar, Marine Biologist, Ocean Conservation

Cool!!!

On 5/1/2017 at 7:39 PM, Lula_Mae said:

omgomgomg

*Pitches tent in the frag line to claim her spot.*

So you're saying he's a cute little dummy? :lol:

Ummm, yeah, pretty much. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

I just hand-fed everybody's frags & gave 'em a Pep Talk, told 'em they had to get fat & happy & pretty to go to their new homes. :happydance:

Cool!!!

Ummm, yeah, pretty much. :rolleyes:

I had a betta like that once lol.  Pretty, but dumb as a brick.  Drop his pellets in and he swims around like he can't find them.  Meanwhile his neighbor (10gal divided) would jump and eat pellets off my finger (they'd stick with a tiny bit of water--hold it just above the surface and he'd aim, jump and grab it!).  He was a pretty cool little betta dude (not the dumb one, the other one lol).

• Like 3
Weetabix7

Hey guys, wanna see how happy my Brain is now??? Here 'tis!!

0b1c48b3-d843-471d-8487-2ed54f97590c_zps

It is really LOOOOVING life in the bottom of the Macro tank right now!!!

Here's a couple more pics of Fishy for ya:

P1060468_zpszunanxdi.jpg

P1060463_zpszs6w9on5.jpg

The white on it's side looks like the shape of some familiar but elusive country, hmmm...... I dunno. 

I really hope it figures out how to eat soon. I'd been trying the very small pellet food that SA sent as well as frozen mysis and frozen cyclops. 

I don't think it even saw the cyclops, mebbe they were too small. 

It would try to nibble at the others, then spit them back out. 

Yesterday I got some flake and crumbled that in there. 

It may have eaten some of that (if so, not much), couldn't tell for sure. Will try flake again today. 

So, moving on to the Waterfall!!

I have some kinda "behind the scenes", small details pics from when I did a WC on it the other night. 

When I do Waterfall WC's, I change out 100% of the water. 

I first take everything out and hold it in a styro cooler, then clean everything thoroughly. 

Here's everything in the cooler, complete with Tank Poo:

6c6661a4-7dc9-4c61-a692-0a23259fcd63_zps

I'm seeing some cool little microfauna pop up here & there, which I love since it's a sign of tank health!!

Here's a pic of one of the rocks showing some of the q-tip sponges that are popping up on it:

P1060480_zpsqztqanre.jpg

I put a few pieces of Macroalgae in the Waterfall when I got the big order in a couple of weeks ago. 

Most of them are smaller pieces that broke off of bigger ones. I tossed them in here just to see how they'd do and if they'd grow. 

I do have one pico-sized "bush" of Red Titan. 

It tends to look kind of a deep, dark red under the led lighting. 

Here's a pic of it in my hand, as I was moving it for the WC:

P1060487_zpsihqlfzmo.jpg

I noticed some kind of new Macro sprouting on a sprig of Galaxaura that I tossed in here. 

It's the light yellowish-brown Macro you see growing off the piece I'm holding in the tweezers. 

I suspect it may be Dictoya. 

4361ea95-fc57-48c9-ae15-641bc0dbce7e_zps

Lastly, I've got this tiny little sprig of unknown Macro that kinda found it's way into my order. 

I don't even know what it is, but it's been growing a little. 

It's kind of a light purple and has attached itself to the side of my Orange Yuma:

f0087073-9b79-42ac-b8b9-08501131b633_zps

• Like 11

weetiefish.jpg.23ed44ad7089d21881a3e23d3fedb715.jpg

Come on little guy, Weetie isn't trying to poison you.  We're all rooting for you!

Also, loving the corals and macros.

• Like 9

have you tried soaking the food in anything? even my pickiest can't resist picking at something soaked in selco boost.

• Like 1
RayWhisperer

Go to any Japanese market. Buy a small container of fish roe. Buy a small resealable container anywhere. Store roe in freezer. Watch fish chow roe like its the greatest food ever tasted. It's what I get all fish started on.

• Like 8
14 minutes ago, RayWhisperer said:

Go to any Japanese market. Buy a small container of fish roe. Buy a small resealable container anywhere. Store roe in freezer. Watch fish chow roe like its the greatest food ever tasted. It's what I get all fish started on.

totally.  My mandarins ate this stuff.  Its like crack. Its the sweetfish roe, small orange like teeny tenny tiny.  I got a mini ice cube tray (a little smaller than mysis cubes) and would freeze it in small cubes with a drop of rodi water.

• Like 1
Weetabix7
23 minutes ago, RayWhisperer said:

Oooh, I found one close to me, will try that today, thx!!!!

Weetabix7
1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

totally.  My mandarins ate this stuff.  Its like crack. Its the sweetfish roe, small orange like teeny tenny tiny.  I got a mini ice cube tray (a little smaller than mysis cubes) and would freeze it in small cubes with a drop of rodi water.

Quick question, what section do I find Fish Roe in when I'm shopping? 

The Picky Eaters section?? :P

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Weetabix7 said:

Quick question, what section do I find Fish Roe in when I'm shopping? 

The Picky Eaters section?? :P

seafood.  also frozen seafood.  it will be refrigerated 

• Like 1
Weetabix7
33 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I wanna be on the bus too!!! I have my helmet on for safety ???

Hey, this is a Zen Bus, no reckless driving here!!!

Welcome!!

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Hey, this is a Zen Bus, no reckless driving here!!!

Welcome!!

Gurrrrl, trust me. Imma need it..Im clumsy lol

• Like 1
Weetabix7
4 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Gurrrrl, trust me. Imma need it..Im clumsy lol

Well alrighty then, bring ya a couple pillows for cushioning too!!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Well alrighty then, bring ya a couple pillows for cushioning too!!

Haha already prepared...Im all padded up and enjoying the ride. I promise not to lick the windows ???

• Like 5
Weetabix7

I think it worked!!!

I put in a small bit of Fish Roe & it looked like Fishy ate part of it!!!

Not all of it, he's still not too bright.....

I only put a little in, but it looked like he ate part of it, will try to do small amount more in an hr or so. 

2 hours ago, Minmay said:

Haha already prepared...Im all padded up and enjoying the ride. I promise not to lick the windows ???

Well..... can ya manage to lick the windows artistically at least? In a Zen-like fashion?

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I think it worked!!!

I put in a small bit of Fish Roe & it looked like Fishy ate part of it!!!

Not all of it, he's still not too bright.....

I only put a little in, but it looked like he ate part of it, will try to do small amount more in an hr or so. 

Well..... can ya manage to lick the windows artistically at least? In a Zen-like fashion?

Sure thing!!! Imma need everyone on the bus to Hummmmmm.....so I can get my mind right lol

• Like 1
Weetabix7
1 hour ago, Minmay said:

Sure thing!!! Imma need everyone on the bus to Hummmmmm.....so I can get my mind right lol

Pretty sure we can pull that off. 

Right Gang?? 

Got the fishy to eat just a slight bit more. 

As soon as he saw me hovering over the water with the stuff he immediately went to the surface and waited for me to drop some. 

He seems to not realize that at least half of what I'm dropping in is the same thing he just gobbled down, but I got some into him and didn't put that much in. 

I need more Pods & Detrivores.... :ninja:

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Hey guys, wanna see how happy my Brain is now??? Here 'tis!!

0b1c48b3-d843-471d-8487-2ed54f97590c_zps

It is really LOOOOVING life in the bottom of the Macro tank right now!!!

Here's a couple more pics of Fishy for ya:

P1060468_zpszunanxdi.jpg

P1060463_zpszs6w9on5.jpg

The white on it's side looks like the shape of some familiar but elusive country, hmmm...... I dunno. 

I really hope it figures out how to eat soon. I'd been trying the very small pellet food that SA sent as well as frozen mysis and frozen cyclops. 

I don't think it even saw the cyclops, mebbe they were too small. 

It would try to nibble at the others, then spit them back out. 

Yesterday I got some flake and crumbled that in there. 

It may have eaten some of that (if so, not much), couldn't tell for sure. Will try flake again today. 

So, moving on to the Waterfall!!

I have some kinda "behind the scenes", small details pics from when I did a WC on it the other night. 

When I do Waterfall WC's, I change out 100% of the water. 

I first take everything out and hold it in a styro cooler, then clean everything thoroughly. 

Here's everything in the cooler, complete with Tank Poo:

6c6661a4-7dc9-4c61-a692-0a23259fcd63_zps

I'm seeing some cool little microfauna pop up here & there, which I love since it's a sign of tank health!!

Here's a pic of one of the rocks showing some of the q-tip sponges that are popping up on it:

P1060480_zpsqztqanre.jpg

I put a few pieces of Macroalgae in the Waterfall when I got the big order in a couple of weeks ago. 

Most of them are smaller pieces that broke off of bigger ones. I tossed them in here just to see how they'd do and if they'd grow. 

I do have one pico-sized "bush" of Red Titan. 

It tends to look kind of a deep, dark red under the led lighting. 

Here's a pic of it in my hand, as I was moving it for the WC:

P1060487_zpsihqlfzmo.jpg

I noticed some kind of new Macro sprouting on a sprig of Galaxaura that I tossed in here. 

It's the light yellowish-brown Macro you see growing off the piece I'm holding in the tweezers. 

I suspect it may be Dictoya. 

4361ea95-fc57-48c9-ae15-641bc0dbce7e_zps

Lastly, I've got this tiny little sprig of unknown Macro that kinda found it's way into my order. 

I don't even know what it is, but it's been growing a little. 

It's kind of a light purple and has attached itself to the side of my Orange Yuma:

f0087073-9b79-42ac-b8b9-08501131b633_zps

The brain looks 'maze-ing!  (see what I did there? :P)

I recollect you saying something about Pinky and the Brain earlier and since your new fish isn't all that bright I thought, hey you could call him Dinky so then you'd have Dinky and the Brain! :lol::rolleyes::slap::D

• Like 5