inTank Media Baskets

My fish got a new home!

Tigahboy

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never got a chance to post these guys. I also got these in the 9 for 99 pack from blowfishaquatics. They look pretty awesome w/ their lime green/yellow on powder blue.

1027c.jpg

I think I'm about to do something I will regret...Basically, due to lack of foresight, I provided probably twice as much space behind my rockwork as in front. So this is an incredible waste of space.

So I will attempt today to push back the entire rockwork at least an inch or 2 towards the back of my tank. I know the inherent risks...and my rockwork (which I actually really like right now) may never look exactly as I have it now.

Wish me luck...*takes a deep breath*

Well you are right. I think personally that the tank would look better with it's rock work all the way to the back. The only problem I see is that it's very hard to clean back there. Basically no space, I have the same issue man. Good luck dude.

Exactly the reason why I didn't want it all the way back...but I went a little overboard and gave it TOO much space. I plan to still leave room in the back to have access, so just gonna push it back by 1" or so...should still have 1" of space left.

How are the rics doing?

I'd puch it back all the way bro. What do you need to clean back there, no one is ever gonna see it anyways. Just my thought, I love having a nice sandy bed in front of my rockwork. good luck, I would probably suggest taking all the corals off the rock and putting them to the side of the tank and then move the rocks back.

Thanks for the advice, bowfront.

I may consider pushing it back all the way...damn...i'm just lagging rite now...i was supposed to do it earlier today, but I'm hating the idea.

I especially hate the idea that i might mess up and drop a rock on my coral or put a huge nick or scratch in my acrylic...which I have already done many times.

true true... you never know, you might change your rockwork a little bit and after you step back and let things settle you might decide it looks even better. That's what happened on my old tank.

okay...i spent like 4 hours re-aquascaping my rockwork...what a PITA!

and the outcome? i'm not pleased. I liked my previous one way better....sigh....:*(

Hey Tigahboy, post some pictures of your new set up I would like to see how it looks. By the way the ric's are doing fantastic. The electric green, believe it or not has grown alot. You can see a difference already. The other ones looks a bit better but they seem to be very healthy. Thanx. If you get any more available let me know. Let me know first. LOL.

new rockwork...i'm not fully satisfied with it. but I'm too tired to start all over again.

rock2.jpg

The old one...which I like better.

1026full.jpg

What do you guys think?

Thanks...on the bright side, I guess now I have more floor space and my rocks go way higher up so I can put higher light folks up there.

Maybe I should get more rocks and build on the left side.

exactly... great start just add to it. I'm going to try and score some nicely shaped LR and add to mine. It will look similar to that with that peice in the lower middle forming a forward bridge to the front. That way I can have a cool cave running left to right.

Looks good tigah

Dr. Saltwater

Both are looking good to me! Your aquascaping is very nice.

What doesn't look good to me is the SPS frag placed vertical. If it grows in the future the foot will be very fragile because it has a small base to stand on and lots of heavy branches! Chanche of breaking is smaller if you place the frag horizontal. The base will grow bigger and you'll get more outgrowing branches what looks nice in the future.

Thanks for the advice, Dr. Saltwater. I have the least experience w/ SPS and those are my 2 "tester" frags to see if my lights are sufficient. I'll give your tip a try.

Thanks, Cesar. So I guess you are saying I shouldn't attempt to change it back...

And yes, I agree that it does look like it has more LR now. But actually I did not add any more.

I want to add more tho.

You LA guys are so lucky. You can just go to jeff's or even oceanproaquatics and pick up some LR super cheap. I wish someone in my area was taking down their tank so I could get more LR. It's ridiculous paying $5.00/lb.

Tigah do you ever notice pods coming from your sump. I was wondering if getting a bigger sump and filling it with LR would make a mandarin goby a possiblity.

Nah tigahboy dont change it. I guess you could add some more LR like to fill the corners, but it looks great. Man this makes me want to set up my 60 Gallon already.

You LA guys are so lucky. You can just go to jeff's or even oceanproaquatics and pick up some LR super cheap. I wish someone in my area was taking down their tank so I could get more LR. It's ridiculous paying $5.00/lb.

Us LA (or S. CALI) guys are lucky for many other reasons. ;) But the LR is a plus. But there are places that sell em for crazy prices...I once saw some cool shapes, and I just brought em to the register, and they told me it was $8/lb. I was shocked, but I hid it and I just bought it anyway since I really liked the shape.

Archived