Pod Your Reef

My fish got a new home!

Tigahboy

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, guys. Yeah, warrior, those are one of my fav shrooms as well. Got em about a month and a half ago when they were dime sized. Now they are like silver dollar size, and spreading like crazy.

Hey Tigah!

as you know i got the same 250w light as you, but I havnt hooked it up yet since my tank isnt running yet. I was wondering if the pendant spreads a lot of light to other parts of the room besides the aquarium. If so, is it annoying?

well..for my 36 X 12...it just spreads a little more....maybe a foot or two in front of the tank...i dont have anything else near it so it's not a big deal. If your tank is like near your bed, it would be annoying and bright..haha. if your dimensions are similar to mine, it should be okay.

Thanks, mccorkell! I think that's my number one frustration. Not that a better camera (or better photography techniques) would make my tank better than what it looks like, but I think those are necessary to at least depict my tank closest to what I enjoy everyday. I think a lot of nano-reefer's pictures don't do their tanks justice. But I know that when given the choice of spending hundreds on a nice camera or spending the hundreds on improving the quality of the tank, most here would choose the latter. hehe.

Oh, Shaz...here's a pic I posted in another thread to give you a better idea about spread from the lights.

balc1.jpg

A little more than what I characterized in my first response to your question.

Took some quick snapshots while I had the flow shut off. Just got him a couple of hours ago from B16A2NR. He had 3 left when I picked up mine, so check out his thread here if you want one: B16A2NR's RBTAs $40 each

Anyways...here's my RBTA!

R1.jpg

R2.jpg

R3.jpg

R4.jpg

My clowns are already starting to hover it, getting ready to molest it...they better play nice.

WOW that RBTA is beautiful man. It looks so good under those lights. That clown is getting closer and closer, I wouldn't doubt it if starts hosting by tonight dude.

that rba is so intense....

the pink tip frogspawn.... i havent seen them in a while where i come from:(

thats one crazy urchin... hate them cos they are like bulldozersX) y nt get a red one too:P

Yeah, I would generally stay away from urchins for that reason. But supposedly the pushpins don't do any bulldozing/reaquascaping...for the most part he just hangs out on the rocks eating algae. But we'll see how it goes. If he knocks over a single piece of LR, he's gone.

Thanks for that pic of the light spread tigah, your tank is looking awesome... i am DYING to start my tank, its been like 5 months deciding what i want and how im going to do it!!!! I decided to go to a 50g breeder now though instead of a 40.

Archived