Top Shelf Aquatics

My fish got a new home!

Tigahboy

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep cleaners

the big one was about 2 1/2inches and the small one was about 3/4" if that, since being together the small one has grown allot (which didnt happen when it was by itsself in another tank)

is that a black perc and a normal one together?? thats way cool

Originally posted by brianemone

is that a black perc and a normal one together??  thats way cool

Yup...my black ocellaris and orange ocellaris. =)

I accidentally ripped the black background paper as I was doing some maintenance....so I just took it completely off. I need to get a replacement, but in the meantime, please ignore the unsightly tubing and scwd in the back. =/

92211126full-med.jpg

I want to....but wouldn't I have to move my tank? It's pretty close against the wall. I'll buy you a coral if you will paint it for me, uchiha. hahaha.

and actually, it would be a PITA to have to undo the plumbing stuff in the back to be able to paint...I'm afraid some of it may not come off so easily w/o me causing more damage...basically I need to upgrade. =P

Hey tigahboy have you thought of putting one of those all black or all blue paper backgrounds? If you adjust it right it can look like paint. Hehe. Alot cheaper too. By the way when you placed your B&W perc in the tank did you have a problem with the other clown? Did they ever fight for territory?

Most clowns will fight if you introduce a newcomer to an established one. But my guy was pretty small still and was not in my tank for too long before I purchased the black one. I placed the black one in those guppy breeder containers that floats in the tank. I read somewhere that this helps allow them to display and confront each other, but safely separated from each other. Later I let him into the tank, but watched him carefully. Any sign of super aggression and I planned to take him out. But luckily it wasn't too bad. Each fish is different to some degree, so I won't say that it's always gonna be that easy.

I love the black clowns. I'm thinking of getting a mated pair w/ my X-Mas funds. Of course, I'll need one of those RBTA's in my tank too. ;) That new SPS is nice. Still think you have a great tank.

Thanks, Kogut! Liveaquaria.com has em available right now. They usually sell out within a couple of days...so maybe you should grab a pair? They'll probably ship it out on Monday if you order now so you'll get em by Tuesday and have at least something in your tank that's pretty hardy.

It may be lights off for them, but it's the beginning of the morning for me.

Here is a "nighttime" view of orange fungia under moon lights:

9221112804a.jpg

I sold my first bag of chaeto today to Kogut. Thanks, dude! May your refugium be seeded with a virtual cornucopia of pods and may your chaeto grow to the limits of the sky. the first bag is always blessed; didn't ya know?

Anyways, more importantly, after handling/pruning the chaeto w/ my bare hands, they now have the finger pricklies...damn bristle worms!

Archived