ReefCleaners.org

My fish got a new home!

Tigahboy

Originally posted by Cesar

I have seen Tigahboys tank and it is super clean.

that's cuz he has obsessive compulsive disorder and can't stand anything on the glass! (not even coralline!!!) not to mention the sand sifting goby for cleaning his "salt-like" sand...
  • Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kogut

Hey Tigahboy, My bottom is mixed fine sand and CC... Think it would still be able to do its job? Or would the coral pose a problem?

To be honest, I don't know. hahah. But I think I remember someone telling me that sand-sifters, since the sand passes thru their gills, need to have fine sand; not crushed coral. Sorry if that's not the answer you want to hear. =/ But it may be safer for the diamond goby's gills if it didnt have to deal w/ crushed coral pieces.

Originally posted by uchiha

that's cuz he has obsessive compulsive disorder and can't stand anything on the glass!  (not even coralline!!!) not to mention the sand sifting goby for cleaning his "salt-like" sand...

Hmm...are you bitter about something, uchiha? Trying to start beef w/ me? hahaha. Yes...salt-like sand indeed. So white and pure that I feel the urge to sprinkle em on my steak! =P

Okay...so I got back from Tong's a couple of hours ago. I saw the posting about the 30% all livestock special for today, so I had to check it out. I got there like 15 minutes after opening...already mayhem...ppl all packed like sardines in the aisles...LFS helpers running around like crazy...it was a coral frenzy!

This was my first visit to Tongs (a whoppin 40 miles away), and I was really impressed by there coral selection and facility. I don't think I've seen any LFS that actually carries such a huge range of corals...if I lived near Tong's, I would basically not have to shop online anymore! I know I've heard bad stuff about customer service, but I really don't talk to the LFS helpers...just point and have them bag. So no biggie.

And after the 30% discount...phew! Talk about a deal! So after the 30% discount, final price paid for:

1) Neon orange fungia plate - $34.98

2) Nice bright green acro colony - $27.99

3) Blue zoo frag of 12 polyps - $17.46

Pics to come later tonight! They're open til 9 PM and sale is for today only...

Hey, they going to have anything left later you think? I NEED something for this blasted tank! I'm starting to lose my mind.... Only the crabs and snails... W/ the MH... yeah... at least my corraline is growing!! -__-

Dude...they had so much stuff...I can't imagine it running out even w/ the high flow of ppl...but who knows. haha. check it out tho, I haven't seen any LFS near me that has better selection and colors.

These guys aren't new...but they have grown a lot since I upgraded to 250w MH...cali blue tort and purple monti w/ blue polyps...sorry, the pic came out too blue...=/

112604c.jpg

I can't believe how much better my SPS look under my 250w rather than my 150w MH. It's just 100w...but the colors come out ten times more and I see more rapid growth.

My acro under my 150w less than 10 days ago:

1118c.jpg

Under the 250w today (no browning whatsoever anymore!):

112604a.jpg

Clowns not fully paired yet...still waiting for one to turn into female (growth spurt)...I think the black ocellaris will be turning into the female tho...just based on her 'tude.

Originally posted by brianemone

i added a small one in with my big one and they got along really well,  even having babies

Sorry, dude. I missed this one. Is this referring to the cleaner shrimp? So you've had success w/ adding small cleaner w/ big cleaner? how big of a size difference?

Archived