ReefCleaners.org

My fish got a new home!

Tigahboy

btw. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Anyone know of a chinese restaurant that is open and will deliver to west l.a.? I've called 3 of the usuals, and all were closed. =/

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay...I would like some input from y'all...I want more than 1 skunk cleaner shrimp now. So here are the options:

1) keep the big cleaner I have now, but simply add another tiny skunk cleaner shrimp.

2) keep the big cleaner, and add 2 more tiny skunk cleaner shrimp.

3) sell or give away the big cleaner, and replace w/ 2 tiny skunk cleaner shrimp.

4) sell/give away big claener, and replace w/ 2 tiny skunk cleaners AND 1 tiny blood red shrimp.

Yes, I must get tiny skunk cleaner shrimp (so keeping big and adding another big is not an option). I really like them when they are small and want to see em grow up myself. No, I don't feel "attached" to my cleaner shrimp and I wouldn't feel like a piece of my heart is missing if I had to sell him, so don't factor that into your vote. =) And any input about potential problems w/ the options, please feel free to share! Thanks in advanced!

prettyflywhiteguy

if you like the little ones just go for the 2 little skunks and find the big guy a new home i wouldn't go for a fire/blood shrimp though.. i've heard nothing but homicide stories lately about them, happy thanksgiving and good luck with the chinese food

hi :P

its just that my 20 gallon doesnt have any overflow/bulkhead to a sump but I really want to get a sump.. tryin to see different ways to do so.

my anenome got sucked into my hob filter today :*(

Aw..that sucks...what kinda anemone? Yeah...it's really hard if you don't have your tank pre-drilled....you could just try to have a sump at the top instead....so get a tank or big rubbermaid tub and have it drilled...then let it flow down into your tank by gravity....and have a return pump in your main tank to push up water.

Originally posted by prettyflywhiteguy

i would suggest trying to find another big cleaner, but that's me, happy thanksgiving and good luck with the chinese food

LOL...the one option that's NOT up there! hahah. Thanks, my quest still continues for chinese food. I'm starvin over here!

homicide from fire/blood? i've had mine for quite some time and they've been model citizens!

i vote #4: get 2 small skunks and trade in ur big one

I'd go w/ the 2 small ones and getting rid of the big guy... Just seems like that would keep a lot more peace. No potential problems and you could watch the 2 new guys grow up and interact w/out the influence of the old shrimp. Just my 2c. Good luck w/ the chinese. My whole family is gathering in Long Beach @ my Uncle's place... Another year of turkey... :

is it realy all that smart to have the sump gravity fed? what happens when the electricity gets cut off and the powerheads stops pumping water? OVERFLOW? or no?

Originally posted by Travis

is it realy all that smart to have the sump gravity fed?  what happens when the electricity gets cut off and the powerheads stops pumping water?  OVERFLOW? or no?

Huh? It's wiser to have it gravity fed, rather than having an external overflow box that relies on a continuous uninterrupted siphon.

The holes are at the top of my tank...water line....when the return pump shuts down due to electricity...the water simply flows down to the sump until the waterline drops to the very bottom of the bulkhead openings...therefore, only about 1" of water drops....my sump is not filled to the top...it has enuf room to account for this....so when power is out, water will fill up about 2" or so in my sump...then that's it. When power comes back on, the return pump kicks back, and the water line in my sump drops 2" while the water line in my main display goes back up 1" and everything is all gravy.

It will NEVER overflow or flood due to power outtage...like it could w/ an undrilled tank using an external overflow box w/ siphon tube.

well i mean, since uve had that cleaner for a long time i duno if u want to get rid of em, but i mean, if u do, u can get 2 small ones, itd be weird with 1 big and 1 small

and if u get 2 small u can get 1 fire also, which i htink is pretty cool

LOL. You can't rush the democratic process, my friend. haha. Only problem, is trying to get cleaner out. I tried earlier today by luring w/ a piece of silver side, but that guy is too smart to get even close to the next.

Yeah, catching him will be the worst part... Perhaps if you rig a water bottle or something like that... and leave it at the bottom of your tank for a few days... Then he might get used to it... then if you put some food in, and waited for him to enter, you could just put something over the openning... like cut the top off a bit, and then use the net or something to cover... Just a thought... Good luck, dude.

(How'd the quest for Chinese go?)

no Chinese food...just ate some cheese whiz on Ritz crackers and microwaveable pizza. But I went to my mama's house for thanksgiving dinner...seems as though the majority of my family has turned vegetarian...so no Turkey or meat...All of a sudden I craved Chinese food again.

prettyflywhiteguy
Originally posted by Tigahboy

seems as though the majority of my family has turned vegetarian...so no Turkey or meat...

you silly californians :P

My blue tuxedo urchin is funny...he rolls around collecting macro and wears it like camouflage...he's been really at it these past couple of days...

urchin2.jpg

Originally posted by Tigahboy

My diamond goby in action (the secret to my clean sand):

dgoby1.jpg  

dgoby2.jpg

i should really conside this fish..... my sandbed is plain yuck:x

Hey Kogut is your CC really really crushed. I would think that if that goby got a hold of a big piece of CC then he might choke on something. I have seen Tigahboys tank and it is super clean.

Archived