ReefCleaners.org

My fish got a new home!

Tigahboy

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the first pic of my fragpacks.com order. I used my $25 gift certificate for the forum.fragpacks.com Tank of the month prize. So this nice acro was only $20 bucks! Yessss!

1105i.jpg

This baby is nicely colored and already showing good polyp extension. More pics to come...

Finally hooked up my SCWD...awesome little device! Wish I got one from the start.

And since the flow from my return pump is now directed thru only one directional tube at a time, instead of just splitting the flow thru 2 directional tubes simultaneously, any given area of my tank has way more flow than before. definitely worth buying since it doesn't cost too much.

I put a MAJOR scratch in my acrylic last night...I got sloppy/lazy with the kent scraper and let the edge of the scraper slide across the acrylic...and it was in the FRONT of my tank...so now whenever I look at my tank I can't help but notice this 6" long scratch staring rite back at me. :(

I want to get a new tank now. Would it be silly for me to buy another tank just like mine? haha...I'm thinkin about buying the same tank, but do all the things to it that I regretted not doing with my current tank...i.e., get a colored background, larger bulkheads, attach internal overflow box, and more holes drilled for more circulation via closed loop.

Or...maybe I should just upgrade to a larger tank? But I wouldnt be able to do that anytime soon since i would have to buy more mh since my 1 150w pendant isnt good enuf for a longer/larger tank, would have to buy more LR, and another stand which will cost me another $160 or so. who says larger tanks cost the same as nanos? :blush:

I'm having a hard time taking a clear pic of the scratch...so this is the best I could do. It extends about 6". Part of the scratch is best seen between the 2 red arrows.

scratch2.jpg

Oh no tigah! Damn. Well I say go maybe with a 40G. Something a little bigger. Have you thought about repairing that scratch? I have a friend with a 100 G and a friend of his placed a major scratch with the magfloat. He bought a repair kit and looks great. But if you do go bigger, put me first in line for that MH. Hehe.

Brand I dont know but he got it from liveaquaria. He even did the repair under water too. That was kinda crazy to me but he said it was reef safe and all.

Hey tigah!

after all the conversations and PM's about your MH and remora W/ Mj I FINALLY got mine!!! it come on monday. The only thing I did different was get the 250W Mh oceanlight pendant.... hopefully I dont have heat issues. Oh and my tank is a 30 tall .... I MIGHT get a 30 long, but I have to decide soon b/c I want to set it up in a week or so. What type of powerheads are you using? I am considering the Maxijets.....

How many #'s of LR do you CURRENTLY have? I really love your "S" shaped aquascaping with your LR!

Niiiice, man. Congratulations! Will be looking forward to some pictures.

It's pretty much winter season and I don't think you'll have heat issues for the time being...so you're in good shape for now. I like to have my lights on reverse photoperiod to help reduce heat issues and also since I enjoy my tank during the night anyway...so basically my lights turn on at 6PM and turn off by 4AM (set on timer I bought from Target for $5). So during the day when it is the warmest, the lights are off and no heat issues...and when it's the coldest at night, my lights go on and I can enjoy the tank as soon as I get home and heat issues are minimized.

I don't use any powerheads cuz i rather keep the tank free of any bulky equipment. I have a Dolphin return pump in my sump/fuge tank which pushes water up to the main tank thru a SCWD, then thru 2 directional U-tubes into my main display tank.

If you haven't set-up the 30g yet, I suggest getting it drilled with several holes to accomodate 1 or 1.25" bulkheads (maybe at least 2 at the water line/ but if you can, get more) so if you decide one day to add a refugium or a closed loop to keep an external waterpump instead of internal ph, then you don't have to drain your tank and get it drilled later. Just have a LFS drill it and put the bulkheads in place, stick a cap on them to plug the holes and set it up...when you want to add fuge, all u need to do is twist off end caps and add tubing. Just a suggestion.

But for ph's for the time being, yes, maxijets are good.

how do you like the 4line wrasse? It would be perfect to get rid of my flatworms. I never really gave much thought to getting one, but i've seen some pretty sweet pics of them.

Are u worried about him jumping, or are they not jumpers?

Naw... not jumpers. he just sticks to himself and looks around for pods and other critters all day long.

Very nice colors and markings though. Much sweeter lookin than the 6-lines.

just read this whole thread, really like what youve done with your tank, you have to be a couple g's into it by now, but keep up the good work, love all of the zoos and ricordia

thanks! wow...can't believe anyone could sit thru and read this entire thread. haha. yeah...couple g's indeed..and considering my plans for upgrade, couple more to follow...=/

Archived