Pod Your Reef

My fish got a new home!

Tigahboy

I have chopped them up before...just not this time around. Just use a chisel and hammer...smaller chisels better for more creative shapes and such.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man your new aquascaping looks really good. I was just looking at the old one and I think this one will fill in alot nicer. Good touch on the little arch and the caves.

~BH20

Thanks, BH20! I really appreciate that. Now I feel more confident about moving forward with this instead of re-doing the whole thing.

fishdaddy0831

about your candy cane growing. What do you mean 1/4, can you give me another example like. how long it takes to get a new polyp, or how many polyps you get every month, 2 month, ect.

Haha...that's a much easier way to explain it...so I actually counted the polyps. When I first got it about 2 months ago, I had around 8-9 polyps. Now I have 15 polyps. So that's 3 or 4 new polyps per month. Why you ask?

fishdaddy0831

I just bought one. Thats pretty good 3-4 a month. I like the sound of that. Mine has 4 and I spent $10. I think I got a deal. I went to another lfs and they wanted $28 for a smaller one:P Have you fraged yours?

just go to Gallery section...upload your pic file....view it...copy and paste the exact URL address shown for that pic...then paste it here for me to see.

Finally...my clown has decided to take the torch as its host! yay!

1105b.jpg

BUT...the torch is actually a coral I am holding for another nano-reefer since he paid for it 2 weeks ago until tomorrow when he comes to pick it up. :(

1105a.jpg

I'm not frustrated that the torch is sold. The guy bought it fair and square and I plan to honor delivery of the torch...but just sucks that the clown had to pick this coral to take residence in. Now I feel the need to replace his home with a new torch...any idea of L.A. LFS's that sell nice torches (preferably green instead of grey/brown) and have them available now?

Hello boys and girls. It's Friday, and you know what that means... Yes, it's Tigahboy's official new livestock addition day! Receiving an order from fragpacks.com; my fourth order actually. Getting a Hawaiian 4-line wrasse, nice SPS, snail pack, and a really nice freebie coral.

Stay tuned for more....:)

Dude tigah,

you got fish from fragpacks? I never knew that. Also, hows your sun coral going? Like to see some updated pics when you get a chance.:)

Yeah...Jim actually has a lot of cool fish. He just gets them for specific requests made by customers. So if you want fish at very reasonable prices, contact him. He also QT's them for a long time so you know they will be healthier than some other places that just sell em as soon as they get em from the boat.

Actually I never got a sun coral. Just an idea that was floating around...but I actually haven't seen a sun coral I like yet. Not a huge fan of the orange/yellow or the black variants.

Archived